Why is Seantrell Henderson not mentioned in the battle.....

... I think Henderson should have asked for a meeting with the commish prior to using

Laid out his case

Said, look I am going to start using weed, are you willing to exempt me?

Maybe nothing changes and he still gets suspended

But the action would have put pressure on NFL mgmt to have empathy for his unusual situation

This ^. He could have done a WAY better job handling this issue that would have benefitted not only him but many other players in a similar situation.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ^. He could have done a WAY better job handling this issue that would have benefitted not only him but many other players in a similar situation.

He failed 7 drug tests at the University of Miami.

You rarely hear of drug suspensions in college but he managed to get suspended twice. :lol:

Stoners using his case as a platform for MJ-use reform = a poor choice.

He failed 7 drug tests at the University of Miami.

You rarely hear of drug suspensions in college but he managed to get suspended twice. :lol:

Stoners using his case as a platform for MJ-use reform = a poor choice.

Stoners making poor choices? This thread is like a dog chasing it's own tail.

I dont want to move on from Henderson because of the pot thing

i want to move on from him because he IS NOT THAT GOOD......its not like we are talking about a pro bowl RT here that we are fighting to keep in the field.

Dawkins might easily be a upgrade.

Crikey. When John wants you gone, you're toast :D

LOL

He is a very good athlete for his size.....but he isnt a very good football player

Would rather keep Mills as a backup

I feel for him, I really do. At this point, Seantrel Henderson the football player is almost immaterial. I just want him to be able to live out his days as close to pain-free as possible.

The team doesn't really need the cap space but, since Henderson got the PPE pay rise, he's an easy and financially-prudent cut.

If you think a study of 21 patients is "established evidence," you don't know a thing about the scientific method.

Also, LOL at "didn't look at the links." Here's a nice little tidbit for ya.

CONCLUSIONS: Although the primary end point of the study (induction of remission) was not achieved

Oh man, there goes the "he need some pot" argument again. RIP in peace.

Can someone for the love of god tell me if Seantrel should be allowed to take HGH?

Nice try.

I dont want to move on from Henderson because of the pot thing

i want to move on from him because he IS NOT THAT GOOD......its not like we are talking about a pro bowl RT here that we are fighting to keep in the field.

Dawkins might easily be a upgrade.

^ This 100%

That said, he shouldn't HAVE to quit smoking his meds! Its the safest, cheapest form of med available to him. I can envision him being the backup LT this year, when he returns. Dawkins the starter at RT, and Mills probably retained for insurance. Which means Groy as backup interior, and the rest of the non starters gone.only so many spots available...

I am sure all of his medication is paid for by NFL as long as he is playing. It is his interest financially to follow rules if he wants to be paid and for medication to be paid for.

Since he was smoking prior to NFL and he passed physical, college tests etc when did the issue start and when did he start "self medicating"?

I am sure all of his medication is paid for by NFL as long as he is playing. It is his interest financially to follow rules if he wants to be paid and for medication to be paid for.

Since he was smoking prior to NFL and he passed physical, college tests etc when did the issue start and when did he start "self medicating"?

He was diagnosed in 2015. Im guessing it didn't take him long to self medicate thereafter

He was diagnosed in 2015. Im guessing it didn't take him long to self medicate thereafter

I wouldn't be shocked if he was before diagnosis-- but if it was already a recreational habit it'd be pretty tough for you or i to figure out where that lines been

this thread, as every single one we have covered in regard to Hendy has turned into a Pot war.

THC and CBD are not the same.

Just hope the kid can live a semi normal life, whether it is in the NFL or otherwise. Crohn's and all the medical complications associated with it are no joke. Especially in infants
The only issue that is white and black is what the NFL allows and does not. and that is a fair argument but,
I almost sense anger at Seantrel here from some.
and the ones that are defending that medical CBD is not helping patients across this country seems a bit narrow minded to me.

Perhaps some tolerance would be better served here

You are likely correct. Because it helped.

He was suspended like 4 times in college. He wasn't passing tests with any regularity.

this thread, as every single one we have covered in regard to Hendy has turned into a Pot war.

THC and CBD are not the same.

Just hope the kid can live a semi normal life, whether it is in the NFL or otherwise. Crohn's and all the medical complications associated with it are no joke. Especially in infants

The only issue that is white and black is what the NFL allows and does not. and that is a fair argument but,

I almost sense anger at Seantrel here from some.

and the ones that are defending that medical CBD is not helping patients across this country seems a bit narrow minded to me.

Perhaps some tolerance would be better served here

You are likely correct. Because it helped.

Amen, 3rd.

I've watched my sister battle Crohn's for more than 25 years. I watched her get down to 80 lbs., unable to walk because her entire body hurt. I watched her undergo surgery after surgery, removing more and more of her intestines ... only to have the pain and other symptoms come right back.

And a couple years ago, I helped her decide that it was time to just let them take it all out and live with a colostomy bag for the rest of her life.

This disease - for which there is no cure - is debilitating.

I don't know that Henderson is in the the same amount of pain that I've seen my sister in. But neither does anyone else here, judging him. For smoking !@#$ing marijuana.

Give me a break.

And he was doing BEFORE issues.

Before diagnosis? Or before issues.

You. Don't. Know.

Edited by Gugny

So he was using recreationally before diagnosis, and suspended. All that changed after diagnosis. Now hw had a legit reason to medicate. At what point does one get the ok to take medication? Id say directly after diagnosis personally...

Amen, 3rd.

I've watched my sister battle Crohn's for more than 25 years. I watched her get down to 80 lbs., unable to walk because her entire body hurt. I watched her undergo surgery after surgery, removing more and more of her intestines ... only to have the pain and other symptoms come right back.

And a couple years ago, I helped her decide that it was time to just let them take it all out and live with a colostomy bag for the rest of her life.

This disease - for which there is no cure - is debilitating.

I don't know that Henderson is in the the same amount of pain that I've seen my sister in. But neither does anyone else here, judging him. For smoking !@#$ing marijuana.

Give me a break.

Before diagnosis? Or before issues.

You. Don't. Know.

Why didn't he use that excuse after failing his third test in college then? Or at the combine? It would've been so easy to say, "I tested positive because I take it for my stomach issues." Instead, Seantrel said....

"At the Senior Bowl, Henderson admitted that his positive tests were for marijuana use, hoping to get out in front of the situation."I'm showing my character. Showing them that I'm responsible, reliable, dependable," Henderson said. "I want to keep letting them know all the negative things are behind me."

Does that sound like a guy with a medical problem or a "I love smoking weed" problem?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/5/5683022/seantrel-henderson-marijuana-suspensions-nfl-draft

This was before he tested positive at the combine. After his 3rd suspension in college. Not a peep about Crohn's or any symptoms at all. Just maturity issues. Hmmmm.

Edited by jmc12290

we don't know how long he was suffering. and it is unfair to assume

Why didn't he use that excuse after suspension #3 in college then?

A man does not make excuses.

he just deals with life as it comes.

when has Seantrel Henderson ever made an excuse you can document?

assumptions lead to opinions which lead to bias

we don't know how long he was suffering. and it is unfair to assume

A man does not make excuses.

he just deals with life as it comes.

when has Seantrel Henderson ever made an excuse you can document?

assumptions lead to opinions which lead to bias

3rd, Seantrel basically admitted his use of marijuana in college was a maturity thing and a bad thing. See my post above.

But you're right, his agent blamed his Crohn's. Not Hendy.

Edited by jmc12290