Why is Seantrell Henderson not mentioned in the battle.....

Before diagnosis? Or before issues.

You. Don't. Know.

Neither. Do. You.

Either:

1. He got Crohn's after joining NFL
  2. He had Crohn's before signed contract with Bills and did not reveal it
  3. He had Crohn's when he signed contract with Bills and revealed it.

​In 1st case the MJ was recreational

In 2nd case it is his issue since he did not tell them

In 3rd case the Bills should have expected this and either not signed him or put clause in contract.

I watched a relative go from having lots of potential with solid job to being pothead unable to go without pot, losing job and stealing from family to pay from pot. Then he stole from others when he was cut off (locked out), was caught and sent to jail including treatment. When he got out he was helped out by family and a family friend gave him a job. He stole from employer, kicked out of housing and once again arrested. After treatment he is out again although in halfway house and will see how long he can go before violating parole (drug tests).

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a relative go from having lots of potential with solid job to being pothead unable to go without pot, losing job and stealing from family to pay from pot. Then he stole from others when he was cut off (locked out), was caught and sent to jail including treatment. When he got out he was helped out by family and a family friend gave him a job. He stole from employer, kicked out of housing and once again arrested. After treatment he is out again although in halfway house and will see how long he can go before violating parole (drug tests).

That must have been some killer weed.

So he was using recreationally before diagnosis, and suspended. All that changed after diagnosis. Now hw had a legit reason to medicate. At what point does one get the ok to take medication? Id say directly after diagnosis personally...

He's still never produced a prescription as far as any of us know. If he checked all the boxes of trying to do the right thing, it'd help his case a lot in public perception. As is, it's easy to paint him into the role of stoner that happens to be sick instead of sick guy desperate for a medical solution.

Neither. Do. You.

Either:

• He got Crohn's after joining NFL
  • He had Crohn's before signed contract with Bills and did not reveal it
  • He had Crohn's when he signed contract with Bills and revealed it.

In 3rd case the Bills should have expected this and either not signed him or put clause in contract.

Are you sure it was just pot? That sounds like something more serious paired with not caring about pot if your doing that other drug anyway

Are you sure it was just pot? That sounds like something more serious paired with not caring about pot if your doing that other drug anyway

Yes. Multiple drug tests and not a drop of alcohol. He was a good kid until he started socializing with coworkers who got him hooked. He was considering military but failed medical (no drug issues or Crohn's in case you are wondering). The coworkers seemed to be able to handle pot and keep job but it changed him. He went from a hard worker to someone who was constantly unattentive and sloppy.

He's still never produced a prescription as far as any of us know. If he checked all the boxes of trying to do the right thing, it'd help his case a lot in public perception. As is, it's easy to paint him into the role of stoner that happens to be sick instead of sick guy desperate for a medical solution.

That is absolutely true IMO

this thread, as every single one we have covered in regard to Hendy has turned into a Pot war.

THC and CBD are not the same.

Just hope the kid can live a semi normal life, whether it is in the NFL or otherwise. Crohn's and all the medical complications associated with it are no joke. Especially in infants

The only issue that is white and black is what the NFL allows and does not. and that is a fair argument but,

I almost sense anger at Seantrel here from some.

and the ones that are defending that medical CBD is not helping patients across this country seems a bit narrow minded to me.

Perhaps some tolerance would be better served here

You are likely correct. Because it helped.

For what it's worth, the studies that I linked to that really douchey guy were done with "THC-rich cannabis."

A quote from one studies conclusions:

"Although the primary end point of the study (induction of remission) was not achieved, a short course (8 weeks) of THC-rich cannabis produced significant clinical, steroid-free benefits to 10 of 11 patients with active Crohn's disease, compared with placebo, without side effects. Further studies, with larger patient groups and a nonsmoking mode of intake, are warranted."

Studies at the Mayo clinic, and the Meir Medical Center in Israel had similar results, with some patients reaching full remission. But, it's the lack of side effects that is the real story. That we have maintained an almost century long federal prohibition on marijuana, while at the same time absolutely embracing opium based medicines is utterly bizarre.

3rd, Seantrel basically admitted his use of marijuana in college was a maturity thing and a bad thing. See my post above.

But you're right, his agent blamed his Crohn's. Not Hendy.

Good note

My experiences in life say it was more than pot. And i have too much experience in this matter.

Pot heads are too lazy to steal honestly

For what it's worth, the studies that I linked to that really douchey guy were done with "THC-rich cannabis."

"Although the primary end point of the study (induction of remission) was not achieved, a short course (8 weeks) of THC-rich cannabis produced significant clinical, steroid-free benefits to 10 of 11 patients with active Crohn's disease, compared with placebo, without side effects. Further studies, with larger patient groups and a nonsmoking mode of intake, are warranted."

Studies at the Mayo clinic, and the Meir Medical Center in Israel had similar results, with some patients reaching full remission. But, it's the lack of side effects that is the real story. That we have maintained an almost century long federal prohibition on marijuana, while at the same time absolutely embracing opium based medicines is utterly bizarre.

One of my Daughters is a Dr who specializes in healing/helping chronic diseases and condition. Two of my Daughters are employed are associated with Holistic umbrella named Integrated Wellness which includes everything from Hyperbaric Chamber Treatment to Acupuncture, Healing Massage. etc

They treat very sick people often times. From Crohn's to Autistic children and infants to Terminal Cancer patients. My eldest Daughter is going to school for Nursing. They are each always in some form of education and often having the most intense dialogues. I also spend a bit of time near the places of treatment and have books and articles bring shown to me about all kinds of therapy. Been to seminars on plenty too.

I cannot recite all i have experienced. But Marijuana has some of the safest pain relief available within the plant. Also has other qualities such and anti inflammatory affects. Which are part of the cause of so many of our maladies.

I remain open minded on these subjects and really could speak at length But I am not here to convince anyone just for arguments sake.

Lets hope Seantrel finds health and happiness in whatever he does moving forward

Opiates are not a long term fix for anything and very dangerous indeed. As we all can see what is happening across our country.

Neither. Do. You.

Either:

1. He got Crohn's after joining NFL
  2. He had Crohn's before signed contract with Bills and did not reveal it
  3. He had Crohn's when he signed contract with Bills and revealed it.

It's very possible he had it for many years before he was correctly diagnosed. It took about 15 years to arrive at my diagnosis.

It's very possible he had it for many years before he was correctly diagnosed. It took about 15 years to arrive at my diagnosis.

Not to mention, this was a kid who was trying to get drafted into the NFL. I wonder if he knew that he had physical issues, but held off on getting a diagnosis so it wouldn't hurt his chances.

That's all true and I absolutely support an end to marijuana testing in the NFL as well as legalizing medical marijuana. I'm also good with legalizing recreational too. But Henderson's issues with pot pre-date his Crohn's diagnosis. He had violations in college and even tested positive at the Combine. His only chance to remain in the NFL is if they stop testing or grant him an exception.

So, there is 0 chance that Henderson can control his own self?

No...the league should not deny a person from reasonable treatment. Ive often said...your boss can make the rules.this however, is absurd

So person responsibility is out the window? What about all of his failed tests prior to his diagnosis? I get why you're giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, but he doesn't deserve it. IMO.

Not to mention, this was a kid who was trying to get drafted into the NFL. I wonder if he knew that he had physical issues, but held off on getting a diagnosis so it wouldn't hurt his chances.

He didn't hold off getting suspended, or getting in legal trouble, or failing the combine drug test.

Here's what his coach said:

"I think it's disappointing for the team, to be honest with you," Golden said. "You can't just weed all the time. If you weed all the time, if you're just constantly weeding, that's the problem. When you're trying to improve the program and move the program forward, you can't just weed your garden, you've got to water your garden, too."

Maybe his coach was just pretending because he knew Henderson had Crohn's.

Edited by jmc12290

He didn't hold off getting suspended, or getting in legal trouble, or failing the combine drug test.

My theory is that he was self-medicating/smoking MJ for pain management since he didn't want to get a formal diagnosis prior to being drafted.

EDIT: What legal trouble?

Edited by Gugny

My theory is that he was self-medicating/smoking MJ for pain management since he didn't want to get a formal diagnosis prior to being drafted.

But he thought it would be better to get suspended 3 times, fail multiple tests, including the "intelligence" test at the Combine, and blame it on character issues instead?

"He was cited for driving with an expired license, disobeying a traffic sign, driving without a license unknowingly,"

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/5/5683022/seantrel-henderson-marijuana-suspensions-nfl-draft

Edited by jmc12290

Theory? When did a heaping helping of convoluted logic become a theory?

STOP

THE

(reefer)

MADNESS

So, there is 0 chance that Henderson can control his own self?

So person responsibility is out the window? What about all of his failed tests prior to his diagnosis? I get why you're giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, but he doesn't deserve it. IMO.

My only point is, now that he HAS been diagnosed, he should be able to use whatever means necessary to positively treat his affliction. Everything regarding his past becomes a moot point.

With a screen name like yours, you should know that "If I spring a leak, she mends me" And her name happens to be Mary Jane in this instance👍

Edited by BuffAlone

But he thought it would be better to get suspended 3 times, fail multiple tests, including the "intelligence" test at the Combine, and blame it on character issues instead?

"He was cited for driving with an expired license, disobeying a traffic sign, driving without a license unknowingly,"

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/5/5683022/seantrel-henderson-marijuana-suspensions-nfl-draft

Whoa. Stop the presses.

I had NO IDEA we were dealing with such a threat to society, here.

He smokes pot AND runs red lights?

Cut his ass, NOW. What an animal.

You are the unquestioned king of arguing just for the sake of arguing on TSW.

Whoa. Stop the presses.

I had NO IDEA we were dealing with such a threat to society, here.

He smokes pot AND runs red lights?

Cut his ass, NOW. What an animal.

I was expecting, "Maybe Seantrel can't carry a driver's license because he was suffering from Crohn's."