Zeke Elliott suspended for 6 games. For real this time!

NFLPA requests order to block any Ezekiel Elliott suspension

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20526330/nflpa-requests-restraining-order-block-suspension-ezekiel-elliott

@rapsheet

The legal reps for #Cowboys RB Zeke Elliott -- Frank Salzano & Scott Rosenblum -- sent me a statement on a "fundamentally unfair" process:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/903560637133053952

Ugh.

Here's the fundamental problem:

a private institution, like a university, or a business (NFL), is not exactly a court. It isn't bound by the same rules of "due process" and "right to confront accusers" that a court is. it has different legal standards - and it should. the constitution, for example, guarantees the right to free speech. a private company can (and should be able to) impose restrictions on what their employees say publicly or how they behave when they "represent the brand", and can their ass if they don't follow those restrictions. I used to work for Big Pharma, we signed a written agreement not to speak to the press and to refer all enquiries to the PR office. There was an incident at one of our sites involving a shooting and subsequent site lock-down, one of the employees spoke to a reporter and BAM! employee terminated.

but now enters the problem that once a company procedure enters public view, which it inevitably must where the NFL is concerned since their product is entertainment and their athletes are public figures, the employee's personal reputation and livelihood are on the line from any company procedure. So slander/libel come into play. It's just a snakepit.

Personally, I think the NFL is a hotbed of hypocrisy on the issue of domestic violence and Goodell has no credibility.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@deadspin

Here's the NFL's investigative report on abuse claims against Ezekiel Elliott, public for the first time:

http://deadspin.com/heres-the-nfls-investigative-report-on-ezekiel-elliott-1798689151

Quite the read. Btw I heard from a pretty reliable source that she was not actually pregnant when she said she was Fwiw.

I don't think either of them sound credible.

I also think it's freakin' sad given the background Elliot comes from. He comes from a sound, stable family that values education highly; he attended an excellent prep school and good college. Now he's acting like a hood punk.

The pregnancy/miscarriage/abortion really should not come into it at all, but Elliot needs to learn to put a wrapper on that salami.

I don't think either of them sound credible.

I also think it's freakin' sad given the background Elliot comes from. He comes from a sound, stable family that values education highly; he attended an excellent prep school and good college. Now he's acting like a hood punk.

The pregnancy/miscarriage/abortion really should not come into it at all, but Elliot needs to learn to put a wrapper on that salami.

one acronym:

OSU

If anyone was as awful at their job as he is, they would have been fired long ago. But he gets an extension for taking bullets for the owners.

Dude is a clown show.

You say he's awful at his job, then point out he's doing his job very well.

What do you think he gets paid to do? (Here's a hint: It's taking bullets for the owners.)

I applaud the NFLPA on this. When you keep a female investigator from being able to testify that according to her interviews and evidence Zeke did nothing wrong, its pure BS. The courts WILL allow her to testify.

This is a major issue with the CBA And I bet the players will never agree in the next one to allow Goodel to be fully in charge, nor should he be, on discipline. They are intentionally trying to screw this kid to look good to womens groups, or it just another commissioner power trip.

You say he's awful at his job, then point out he's doing his job very well.

What do you think he gets paid to do? (Here's a hint: It's taking bullets for the owners.)

They could get a homeless guy off the street who could do as good of a job as he does. And it will bring them good PR.

I applaud the NFLPA on this. When you keep a female investigator from being able to testify that according to her interviews and evidence Zeke did nothing wrong, its pure BS. The courts WILL allow her to testify.

This is a major issue with the CBA And I bet the players will never agree in the next one to allow Goodel to be fully in charge, nor should he be, on discipline. They are intentionally trying to screw this kid to look good to womens groups, or it just another commissioner power trip.

Would it be better if she were a male investigator and didn't testify? Just wondering.

Maybe the process is unscrupulous and rigged, I don't know. But it isn't a court proceeding where everyone testifies, and if the investigator only saw one piece maybe she's not best equipped to recommend an outcome.

Again, I don't know, it's very easy in the media to tell the truth, but not the whole truth and thus present a distorted picture.

Zeke in the 3d round, are people out of their minds? Do they realize fantasy playoffs don't happen the first six weeks?

Exactly what I said. If he plays all season I may have just won the league... again.

Big Ben

Keenan Allen

Martavis Bryant

Devante Parker

Zeke

Shady

Fleener

Bench as of today, still have to drop 2 guys.

Kenny Britt

Robby Anderson

Kendall Wright

Ameer Abdullah

Doug Martin

Derrick Henry

Duke Johnson

Rex Burkhead

Dropping Two is the hard part.

Burkhead and Wright I'm thinking.

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**