Zeke Elliott suspended for 6 games. For real this time!

I'm out in the 1st round. No brainer in the 2nd round.

I disagree. Last year he put up approx 325 fantasy points (espn scoring list). Take away weeks 1-7 (bye week is in there) and you have around a 200 point player. You can get 200 pt RBs in rounds 3-4. The second round where he is getting drafted has plenty of better rb or WR options, plus then you aren't forced to reach early on McFadden.

A suspension reduction would blow up my argument. My draft is Labor Day weekend so I hope the picture is clear by then.

Edited by Rockpile233

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Last year he put up approx 325 fantasy points (espn scoring list). Take away weeks 1-7 (bye week is in there) and you have around a 200 point player. You can get 200 pt RBs in rounds 3-4. The second round where he is getting drafted has plenty of better rb or WR options, plus then you aren't forced to reach early on McFadden.

A suspension reduction would blow up my argument. My draft is Labor Day weekend so I hope the picture is clear by then.

ThAt logic is a bit flawed. You would have another RB in those 6 weeks and not just taking a zero. His production will come down the stretch and into fantasy playoffs, very valuable if he repeats those numbers.

My draft is the 26th so I'm doubting we have an answer on a reduction, I still see him going 2nd round.

i think he's a guy who wins your league for you down the stretch. I just fear he will be gone after the 2nd.

Columbus PD looks bad here, but reportedly at least one rep thinks he did it, but they didn't have enough to charge him. Also, there were multiple witnesses who said he didn't do anything.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 29m29 minutes ago

If Zeke Elliott has “any additional violations” of @NFL policy it “may result in your suspension or potential banishment,” Elliott was told

No prosecutor wants to take on a case they don't feel they've a shot of winning. Take a not-completely-credible victim, multiple witnesses claiming nothing happened, etc and it's pretty hard to meet that "beyond reasonable doubt" standard.

The NFL, more like a civil court, I think goes for the lower "more likely than not" standard.

No prosecutor wants to take on a case they don't feel they've a shot of winning. Take a not-completely-credible victim, multiple witnesses claiming nothing happened, etc and it's pretty hard to meet that "beyond reasonable doubt" standard.

The NFL, more like a civil court, I think goes for the lower "more likely than not" standard.

yep.

@profootballtalk

To those assuming Elliott will lose his appeal: If Goodell delegates it to a truly independent party (and he should), Elliott has a chance.

@aaronwilson_nfl

NFLPA 'We will represent Ezekiel to ensure that NFL is held to its obligation of adhering to principles of industrial due process under CBA'

Damn, the NFL throwing haymakers at the Players Association.

DHXaBFZUMAA2659.jpg

The NFL is 100% correct that victim shaming is common and deplorable. But both sides should be represented.

NFL accuses NFLPA of victim-blaming Ezekiel Elliotts accuser

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/16/nfl-accuses-nflpa-of-shaming-ezekiel-elliotts-accuser/

Edited by YoloinOhio