ESPN 30 for 30 on Mike and the MadDog

I don't care for basketball, I watch the playoffs just to watch Lebron lose.

Not that horrrible of an existence, the past 2 seasons I couldn't complain about the Mets with their two straight playoff appearances. This season sucks of course, but, Terry collins and the medical staff will be gone at year's end so that will be addition by subtraction.

Also the Yankees have missed the playoffs 4 out of the past 5 seasons ;)

As a Yanks fan, it feels obnoxious to complain. While It hasn't been great the last few years, but I feel like they are headed in the right direction. I worry a little bit for the mets though. All that pitching, you should be 60 wins already.

As a Yanks fan, it feels obnoxious to complain. While It hasn't been great the last few years, but I feel like they are headed in the right direction. I worry a little bit for the mets though. All that pitching, you should be 60 wins already.

You're completely right. I have no arguments with that at all. There is no happy Mets fan currently, because with the talent on the roster the team should be battling the Nats for the division. Management failed to address the one chink in the armor, the bullpen, we lead the league at a point in blown saves now we are 3rd. Plus, the medical staff the past two season has been dreadful. Our strength and conditioning coach had Yoenis squatting 500 lbs in the off-season instead of doing mobility training. Thor put on 17lbs of muscle.. as a pitcher and tore his right Lat muscle and that is only to name two of the big key injuries. (Familia, Walker, Gsellman, Harvey)

I always envied the Yankees due to their ability and willingness to spend money. We are currently 14th in the league with our salary but our GM wants to cut payroll to be able to sign our young arms.

I just cannot wait until the end of the season so Terry Collins will retire and we can get a younger regime running the team.

Edited by Captain Murica

An obnoxious Yankee fan? Never heard of any such thing! What a shock! :nana:

Anyway, loved Mike and the Mad Dog, like Mike on his own. As long as he's not pontificating on horse racing, movies, or politics. In which case, *click*. Listening to him DOG the Jets, then claim over and over he's NOT dogging the Jets, is always fun.

If you grew up within regular listening distance of NYC, then these guys were probably a big part of your sports life. They are not the most like able guys and can be aggravating at times. Francesca is wrong as often as he is right and he is an !@#$ to the listeners....that being said. When I stream WGR, it makes me appreciate what WFAN is. The morning show guys on WGR, couldn't work in the mail room at WFAN.

There are times where I really wonder, if either one of them has ever even watched a sporting event. The john Murphy show isn't any better. The guy is not only the #1 homer, but most of the guests are people that nobody cares about. It's a show about the Bills and he will interview the towel boy from the Miami Marlins about a Star Wars book.

To my knowledge it is the only station that I can stream where they talk bills, so before people say, "why listen?" there is no alternative. No matter how much Francesca bothers me, you can appreciate how professional he is when you listen to other guys around the state.

Always preferred. WFAN's Steve Somers since 1988 or so for the time I've tuned in by AM radio or the internet.

Schmooooozing under the covers until dawn.... :D

My mother loved listening to Somers before/after Mets games.

He's definitely a miserable prick a lot of the time, but it makes the show hilarious to listen to.

It was when Mad Dog was there to temper him but I've not been a huge fan of Francessa on his own.

If you grew up within regular listening distance of NYC, then these guys were probably a big part of your sports life. They are not the most like able guys and can be aggravating at times. Francesca is wrong as often as he is right and he is an !@#$ to the listeners....that being said. When I stream WGR, it makes me appreciate what WFAN is. The morning show guys on WGR, couldn't work in the mail room at WFAN.

There are times where I really wonder, if either one of them has ever even watched a sporting event. The john Murphy show isn't any better. The guy is not only the #1 homer, but most of the guests are people that nobody cares about. It's a show about the Bills and he will interview the towel boy from the Miami Marlins about a Star Wars book.

To my knowledge it is the only station that I can stream where they talk bills, so before people say, "why listen?" there is no alternative. No matter how much Francesca bothers me, you can appreciate how professional he is when you listen to other guys around the state.

This x1000.

As grating as Mike has become, I'd rather listen to him contradict himself for 5 hours over anything GR has done, well, ever. His Super Bowl week m will be missed. Nothing can touch those annual five shows. GR is amateur hour from start to finish. We deserve better in this city. How Bulldog still has a job is totally amazing.

Steve Somers here - you there :D

He did a 17 minute show leading into the Nets game this winter that trumped a 1000 hours of GR.

"Steve Somers here and you there for a 17 minute shmooze until the Nets lose at the top of the hour." lol

Steve Somers here - you there :D

Eddie Scozzare on the other side of the glass...

He did a 17 minute show leading into the Nets game this winter that trumped a 1000 hours of GR.

"Steve Somers here and you there for a 17 minute shmooze until the Nets lose at the top of the hour." lol

How many established guys would do a 17 minute show without pitching a fit? And he did it (maybe still does) all the time.

I watched the show the other night and man, an hour of Mike & The Dog talking NY sports memories made me more homesick than any time since I moved to CA.