Article on why 2017 passing game can make giant leap forward

D's are bigger, faster, and more sophisticated so I disagree with it being an unbalanced comparison. Jim Kelly was developed under a Championship caliber regime. Tyrod Taylors 1st regime with the Bills was sent packing.

so youre going to completely ignore the proven fact that the current NFL is the easiest for passing in the history of the league? Never had receivers been as untouchable as they are now.

2nd, youre also going to ignore that TT spent 4 years learning in a Championship winning/consistently one of the best franchises before coming to Buffalo?

Edited by Runninrams

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT is not good. He can't throw the ball. When Fitz was here I did not want Fitz because he was sorry. He went and started with 6-7 different teams after the fact and he still sorry. Once again that's why they are back ups.There has only been a few back ups that have actually succeeded as starters. Young, ( don't even compare). Rich Ganon, Warner, Brady, Romo etc. Now for your info once these QB hit the field there was not even a question. Now TT needs 7 years to prove it. Yeah he's good. Right........

What about when EJ was here? You must have really hated that guy.

From that list

How many teams would break the bank to sign them away?

barring SF for tossing Alex aside for Kap. :bag: man did they get that wrong.

They actually almost won a super bowl with CK.

But yeah, it's funny how people act like Roman wasn't holding back Rodgers or Brady from lighting up the NFL. No OC would have a great passing game with those qbs.

i like it that you guys are carrying on a discussion with noogie. the odd part is that i don't even really disagree with him when it comes to taylor. that being said, the guy is about as interesting as a burnt match, saying the same thing over and over and over. we know. you don't like taylor. there's nothing that any of us can do about it at this point. hope he plays bad so you can come on here under another banned named and scream i told you so.

D's are bigger, faster, and more sophisticated so I disagree with it being an unbalanced comparison. Jim Kelly was developed under a Championship caliber regime. Tyrod Taylors 1st regime with the Bills was sent packing.

You can't possibly be arguing that those eras are at all comparable? Because that's kinda crazy. Marino was the only qb to pass for 5,000 yards in NFL history. Now freaking Matt Stafford is. It's a completely different league and allows passing to be much, much easier.

It's one of the most frustrating things about our offense. It is step up for you to pass.

How about Payton Manning from year one to year two? TT has been here for 6 yearsssssssssssssssssss. Quit trying to make an excuse or a comparison to guys that were rookies or second year in the league. A true starter when given a chance prevail and leaves no question he's the starter.

What about when EJ was here? You must have really hated that guy.

How about Payton Manning from year one to year two? TT has been here for 6 yearsssssssssssssssssss. Quit trying to make an excuse or a comparison to guys that were rookies or second year in the league. A true starter when given a chance prevail and leaves no question he's the starter.

I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond to this, but...

Yes, I am because TT ain't good. Carr has a bad defense but was still able to lead his team to where TT can't. Now what good weapons does he got? Not a great rb and he still succeeded. How many comebacks against good teams. A lot. How many 200 drives to win the game. Ok thank TT is light years away from all that.

What good teams did Carr have a 4th quarter comeback against?

Hint - They only beat 4 teams with records over .500 all year and beat no 10 win teams.

You can't possibly be arguing that those eras are at all comparable? Because that's kinda crazy. Marino was the only qb to pass for 5,000 yards in NFL history. Now freaking Matt Stafford is. It's a completely different league and allows passing to be much, much easier.

It's one of the most frustrating things about our offense. It is step up for you to pass.

Yet most folks will tell you D M and J K's low wonderlic score proves differently.

So which is it, because you can't have it both ways.

Try telling A Luck the league has gotten easier...

Yes, I am because TT ain't good. Carr has a bad defense but was still able to lead his team to where TT can't. Now what good weapons does he got? Not a great rb and he still succeeded. How many comebacks against good teams. A lot. How many 200 drives to win the game. Ok thank TT is light years away from all that.

As a rookie gentleman. 6 years you are not a rookie.

Kelly was a starting QB in another league.

People are getting way too hung up on the 3 and out stuff.

First of all, football is a team sport. 3 and out percentages shouldn't reflect on the QB ONLY. When the **Pats go 3 and out, do we automatically place the blame on Tom Brady? No. The QB is responsible, as is the WR(s), RB/FB, TEs, linemen, and coaches.

And I'm not one to take away certain things that happened in order to paint a different picture, statistically, but I get where transplant is coming from. 25th to 14th is a nice improvement. Perhaps that was due in large to a change in approach by Lynn. But the improved number also shouldn't reflect on the QB only. Team sport.

I tell you this TT does not worry any average dc around the league. He is easy to stop. He will do one or two things then when they stock the box and make him pass. Automatic loss for the Bills.

I find it kind of ironic that you count Tyrod's 4 years sitting on the bench (where he threw a grand total of like 35 passes in that entire 4 years, and was learning a completely different system than the one he ended up starting in, in Buffalo), yet you make no mention of Jim Kelly's years as a starting QB in the USFL after college, before he ever started a game in the NFL.

Kelley was drafted in '83, but never played a game for Buffalo until '86. He spent those years starting for the Houston Gamblers, where as Tyrod spent 4 years sitting on the bench. So which one was more prepared to start their NFL career? It's debatable.

I don't know if Tyrod will get much better than he is now, but it's not impossible like you seem to think. He's only started in the NFL for TWO YEARS. Not 6. If this new system fits him better, it's very possible that he could take a step forward.

But even if he doesn't, he is a serviceable starting QB until we draft and develop a true franchise caliber replacement, which is what you seem to be completely ignoring....

If we dump Tyrod, tell us, who do we replace him with right now that would be as good, let alone better? And don't say Cardale...

how did brees and rivers do last year with no defense? football is a team game. does taylor have issues? all qb's do. but he's not the worst qb in the league. brees rivers and others have worse records than taylor cause their team is bad. all the yards in the world can't make up for bad defense. if carr's defense is that bad again this year i could see their record being worse than ours. it's not sustainable.

I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond to this, but...

What good teams did Carr have a 4th quarter comeback against?

Hint - They only beat 4 teams with records over .500 all year and beat no 10 win teams.

He beat Denver, New Orleans he made the playoffs so what up. With no big name weapon. The big weapon he has is his armmmmmm. He will kill you with his arm. The DCs fear David Carr. They don't fear TT. TT can't even be in the same QB room with him and he is only two years in. I do not think it's ok to even try to compare.

He beat Denver, New Orleans he made the playoffs so what up. With no big name weapon. The big weapon he has is his armmmmmm. He will kill you with his arm. The DCs fear David Carr. They don't fear TT. TT can't even be in the same QB room with him and he is only two years in. I do not think it's ok to even try to compare.

Have you met Ryan L Billz? I think you two would hit it off.

I guess what we keep coming back to you say things like they will lose, yet he has won more games than he has lost. Saying things doesn't make it true. The facts say that the Bills were a top 12 scoring offense and top 10 DVOA each of the last two years. There are 32 teams. They are in the top 1/3. None of that is subjective or debatable. It's not some fake optimism or anything, that's just what it is.

how did brees and rivers do last year with no defense? football is a team game. does taylor have issues? all qb's do. but he's not the worst qb in the league. brees rivers and others have worse records than taylor cause their team is bad. all the yards in the world can't make up for bad defense. if carr's defense is that bad again this year i could see their record being worse than ours. it's not sustainable.

I agree, and come playoff time the better Defenses are still playing and getting into shootouts with the likes of Tom Brady or A Rodgers in all probability is not going to end well IMO..

Edited by Figster