Article on why 2017 passing game can make giant leap forward

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you guys think will happen first....the bills make the playoffs with tt at the helm, or noogie starts to understand how to use the quote function?

Haha, I thought I was the only one that noticed.

I'm also trying to figure out what a loose game is.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Roman is the best run game coordinator in the National Football League. I agree his pass concepts are what might be termed "basic" and it lacks, to my eye, a bit of cohesion in devising a passing game that builds off the run game success. I am not sure whether that helped Tyrod or hindered him.... I suspect we will soon find out. But to throw out 2 games because a different man was calling plays off the same play sheet? That makes no sense objectively to me. I am with you - discount the 2nd Jets game when discussing Tyrod.... that is obvious.... but don't discount the first two weeks.

I disagree about the first two weeks. I'm not saying that they should be disregarded completely, but Roman was fired after a game where the team put up yards and points. The problem in those first two games was that the offense couldn't stay on the field. And yes, Taylor was a part of that for sure. But it's pretty telling that the offense of coordinator was fired, again , After a game where the team put up yards in points.

The bills had a 39% three and out percentage in those first two games. And one of those other drives that wasn't a three and out was an interception thrown on third down in Romans "all or nothing" offensive playcalling mentality. It's third and one and in typical Roman fashion he calls it down field throw rather than moving the chains. It's great when it works, but a low percentage play and it turns the ball over to the other team. That was as bad as a three and out if not worse. And that's Roman.

All that changed once Lynn came in as the offense of coordinator. And back to the promise of the original post, that's why I believe there's a lot of optimism and Taylor thriving and this West Coast offense.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I disagree about the first two weeks. I'm not saying that they should be disregarded completely, but Roman was fired after a game where the team put up yards and points. The problem in those first two games was that the offense couldn't stay on the field. And yes, Taylor was a part of that for sure. But it's pretty telling that the offense of coordinator was fired, again , After a game where the team put up yards in points.

The bills had a 39% three and out percentage in those first two games. And one of those other drives that wasn't a three and out was an interception thrown on third down in Romans "all or nothing" offensive playcalling mentality. It's third and one and in typical Roman fashion he calls it down field throw rather than moving the chains. It's great when it works, but a low percentage play and it turns the ball over to the other team. That was as bad as a three and out if not worse. And that's Roman.

We had some bad pass protection breakdowns, and had trouble getting lined up. Trouble getting lined up means jumping our snap count, which means blowing up run plays, and getting to the QB.

Looking at our Schedule tell me a lot. We are not gonna win our division for one. 2. We are not Beating Denver, Raiders, and so on with Tyrod. If it's the defense then Someone will be fired thanks to Tyrod.

I think that the Bills will be a favorite at home to Denver. The spread will be a point or 2 either way. It's odd to be so defiant on a game where they may very well be giving points.

I think that Denver is decent too. Denver in Buffalo the 3rd week of the year isn't going to be a big spread. 2 points either way. The Bills are -1 now according to this: http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19312729/nfl-full-odds-2017-buffalo-bills-games

Their defense is legit, and they were rolling along until Anderson got hurt. Lost a couple tight ones too.

I look at Oakland as the team with a decent chance of regression. Lots of takeaways, not a lot of turnovers so they had a massive TO diff. Really good record in super tight games -

the NO conversion at the end

baltimore was at midfield with a minute left down 1 on 1st down

chargers fumbled on in the red zone in the 4th quarter of a 3 point loss, and then fumbled with a 3 point lead in the 4th quarter the 2nd time)

win over TB in OT

tight win against Carolina.

If anything that shows me that San Diego could be decent with a little luck on their side.

Their defense is legit, and they were rolling along until Anderson got hurt. Lost a couple tight ones too.

I look at Oakland as the team with a decent chance of regression. Lots of takeaways, not a lot of turnovers so they had a massive TO diff. Really good record in super tight games -

the NO conversion at the end

baltimore was at midfield with a minute left down 1 on 1st down

chargers fumbled on in the red zone in the 4th quarter of a 3 point loss, and then fumbled with a 3 point lead in the 4th quarter the 2nd time)

win over TB in OT

tight win against Carolina.

If anything that shows me that San Diego could be decent with a little luck on their side.

I think that I am with you on the AFC West stock watch. I'd be buying Denver and SD and selling KC and Oakland. I could see that division shaking out a variety of ways.

I think that I am with you on the AFC West stock watch. I'd be buying Denver and SD and selling KC and Oakland. I could see that division shaking out a variety of ways.

KC and Oakland were 1,2 in the league in takeaways. That tends to fluctuate a bit from year to year, and also tends to have a pretty large association with wins. KC was good the past 2 years though, and they have a good pass rush so you never know.

I guess people's thoughts just fascinate me. How in the world did this guy come to these conclusions? Does he actually believe a lot of this? The Raiders have no weapons? I'm not even trying to prove him wrong. I legitimately am trying to understand his train of thought. It is so interesting to me that someone out there believes that the Bills would have a better chance in 2017 with Cardale Jones (whom I hold a special place in my heart for). There may literally be 1 person in the world, including Cardale, that believes this. It's like talking to the person that found an alien. I just want to ask questions.

I'm sure he's just looking for a reaction and you guys are taking the bait.

Camp starts in a week. Then we can dissect and diagnose every throw, tweet and camp report.

I'm sure he's just looking for a reaction and you guys are taking the bait.

Camp starts in a week. Then we can dissect and diagnose every throw, tweet and camp report.

It's more fun talking to aliens than overreacting to Sal's report on Adolphus Washington's conditioning test.

come on man. everyone is just showing you why your reasoning is wrong, and you throw a tantrum? most feel that tyrod is not the long term answer. he's an inexpensive, short term answer for this year unless he really shows us something we haven't seen yet...something i'm guessing most feel won't happen. just relax and see what happens this year. stop being so upset.

Who is this SD team you speak of? At any rate, I don't think they'll be any good in '17.

I'm not just wanna make y'all happier by making up a lie. I'm saying he hit his ceiling. There is no maybe with 4 years under the belt with two starting. Like I said before. When a good QB that was on the bench gets to start he should leave no questions. Such as Warner,Brady Romo, Young,Gannon. The first year with some was a maybe that privileged him for a second year. Then there is no question of who should have been in there. With Tyrod was a pay cut and a maybe. Why??? Because there is a doubt. A lot of iffffs. So therefore be happy he will lead us to 12 game win season.