Article on why 2017 passing game can make giant leap forward

Most of what you said is so far off that I am not even going to bother trying to address it.

But, as for my excuses - tell me, what excuses did I make for Tyrod in my post? I did not see any.

And as for you're "I told you so" comment - I am rooting for Tyrod because he is the Bills starting QB and I want the Bills to be successful. I could care less about your "I told you so". What are you, 12? Should we all say "I told you so" if/when Cardale ends up most likely getting cut (or is at best our 4th string QB), and is out of the NFL in a matter of a few years, while Tyrod will still be a starter or backup somewhere for many years to come?

I won't bother though because it's childish, and nobody cares about some random poster on a message board who wants to act like they know everything... and I am also not rooting against Cardale because he is a Buffalo Bill, therefore I want him to succeed. I would never root against an active Buffalo Bills player because I am an actual Buffalo Bills fan.

You are clearly not a true Blls fan. You'd rather have Tyrod fail so you can say "I told you so" than have him succeed and, in turn, have the Bills succeed.

I didn't realize that you were BuffaloBud420 though, so I'm done now. It's pointless even trying to have a discussion with you.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't root for people that can't play. I do not feel bad because TT is a professional and needs to make plays on the clutch. He has not done that against good teams. He can't throw the ball. That's why like the Buffalo writer said, we should of let him walk. He hurts us more than he benefits us.200 yards passing and a loss. I'm tire of watching them loose when they could have won. I am a fan and I know football. Once again I don't care what you do with the offense, once the defense adjusts to what he's doing it's over and we better hope the defense saves. Therefore, he's sorry in my book.

I don't root for people that can't play. I do not feel bad because TT is a professional and needs to make plays on the clutch. He has not done that against good teams. He can't throw the ball. That's why like the Buffalo writer said, we should of let him walk. He hurts us more than he benefits us.200 yards passing and a loss. I'm tire of watching them loose when they could have won. I am a fan and I know football. Once again I don't care what you do with the offense, once the defense adjusts to what he's doing it's over and we better hope the defense saves. Therefore, he's sorry in my book.

I don't think Tyrod is a good enough qb to elevate this team. But I'm still rooting for the guy to prove me wrong. This almost seems like you'd rather be right than see the Bills do good. This kind of blows my mind.

"once the defense adjusts"

They say that every year...it has been 2 years sir

His qbs have been Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, & Tyrod Taylor. They are all arguably some of the worst passing starters in the NFL.

IMO, Roman's offense will made Tyrod look better than this new offense will. And like always, I hope that I'm wrong but when you have flawed qbs, you have to cover their weaknesses. For instance, Vernon Davis had 1,000 yards as a TE under Roman. Clay regularly got open and was simply missed. That's not on the OC.

Overall, I agree. I'd also guess the best qbs have the best 3rd down %. That's money time.

I would bet the Bills have one of the shortest yards to convert on 3rd downs because of their game plans. Does anyone feel comfortable about Tyrod converting a 3rd and long?

We've seen him do it, so I wouldn't rule out converting 3rd and long completely, but "confident" is probably a bit generous. Some of those were with his legs, and Woods was a nice blocking WR. But I agree with you.

Bills were 13th last season in 3rd down conversion percentage, so they weren't terrible. I'd like to see the 3rd and short rankings. You would think the better rushing teams in the league are at the top of that list.

Most of what you said is so far off that I am not even going to bother trying to address it.

But, as for my excuses - tell me, what excuses did I make for Tyrod in my post? I did not see any.

And as for you're "I told you so" comment - I am rooting for Tyrod because he is the Bills starting QB and I want the Bills to be successful. I could care less about your "I told you so". What are you, 12? Should we all say "I told you so" if/when Cardale ends up most likely getting cut (or is at best our 4th string QB), and is out of the NFL in a matter of a few years, while Tyrod will still be a starter or backup somewhere for many years to come?

I won't bother though because it's childish, and nobody cares about some random poster on a message board who wants to act like they know everything... and I am also not rooting against Cardale because he is a Buffalo Bill, therefore I want him to succeed. I would never root against an active Buffalo Bills player because I am an actual Buffalo Bills fan.

You are clearly not a true Blls fan. You'd rather have Tyrod fail so you can say "I told you so" than have him succeed and, in turn, have the Bills succeed.

I didn't realize that you were BuffaloBud420 though, so I'm done now. It's pointless even trying to have a discussion with you.

TT is not good. He can't throw the ball. When Fitz was here I did not want Fitz because he was sorry. He went and started with 6-7 different teams after the fact and he still sorry. Once again that's why they are back ups.There has only been a few back ups that have actually succeeded as starters. Young, ( don't even compare). Rich Ganon, Warner, Brady, Romo etc. Now for your info once these QB hit the field there was not even a question. Now TT needs 7 years to prove it. Yeah he's good. Right........

His qbs have been Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, & Tyrod Taylor. They are all arguably some of the worst passing starters in the NFL.

IMO, Roman's offense will made Tyrod look better than this new offense will. And like always, I hope that I'm wrong but when you have flawed qbs, you have to cover their weaknesses. For instance, Vernon Davis had 1,000 yards as a TE under Roman. Clay regularly got open and was simply missed. That's not on the OC.

Overall, I agree. I'd also guess the best qbs have the best 3rd down %. That's money time.

I would bet the Bills have one of the shortest yards to convert on 3rd downs because of their game plans. Does anyone feel comfortable about Tyrod converting a 3rd and long?

Based on 2016 ESPN Splits:

on 3rd (or 4th) with 3 or more yards to go:

56/106 for 746 Yards, 7.04 YPA, 7 TDs, 1 INT, 21 Runs for 165 Yards (7.86 YPC) and 3 more TDs

with 9+ yards to go:

26/45 for 421, 9.36 YPA, 1 TD, 1 INT, 9 Runs for 86 Yards (9.6 YPC)

Take that for what you will. Bad completion %, but solid YPA is what I see in those situations.

EDIT: Also, 10 TDs on 127 combined attempts comes out to 7.87% TD% - which seems pretty good.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Jim Kellys first 2 seasons with the Bills 36 TD's and 32 INT's

Tyrod Taylors first 2 seasons with the Bills 37 TD's and 12 INT's

Who had the best supporting cast and coaching staff?

He's won 15 games and lost 14. The other guys to start with the same team are 0-3. 2 of those 3 losses were against teams that won 5 games.

I am not saying that he is great. He is okay but light years ahead of our other options. That's not debated around the league. It will be Tyrod in 2017 and he will either end up as THE guy or they will be taking a 1st rounder in 2018. Those are the realistic options.

We've seen him do it, so I wouldn't rule out converting 3rd and long completely, but "confident" is probably a bit generous. Some of those were with his legs, and Woods was a nice blocking WR. But I agree with you.

Bills were 13th last season in 3rd down conversion percentage, so they weren't terrible. I'd like to see the 3rd and short rankings. You would think the better rushing teams in the league are at the top of that list.

Good post.

56/106 for 746 Yards, 7.04 YPA, 7 TDs, 1 INT, 21 Runs for 165 Yards (7.86 YPC) and 3 more TDs

with 9+ yards to go:

Take that for what you will. Bad completion %, but solid YPA is what I see in those situations.

EDIT: Also, 10 TDs on 127 combined attempts comes out to 7.87% TD% - which seems pretty good.

Good information

He's won 15 games and lost 14. The other guys to start with the same team are 0-3. 2 of those 3 losses were against teams that won 5 games.

I am not saying that he is great. He is okay but light years ahead of our other options. That's not debated around the league. It will be Tyrod in 2017 and he will either end up as THE guy or they will be taking a 1st rounder in 2018. Those are the realistic options.

I know the point you're trying to make but comparing qbs from 25 years ago to today is completely unbalanced. Kelly's numbers would look completely different in today's flag football.

I know the point you're trying to make but comparing qbs from 25 years ago to today is completely unbalanced. Kelly's numbers would look completely different in today's flag football.

D's are bigger, faster, and more sophisticated so I disagree with it being an unbalanced comparison. Jim Kelly was developed under a Championship caliber regime. Tyrod Taylors 1st regime with the Bills was sent packing.

with 9+ yards to go:

Thanks, Hokie!

Yes, I am because TT ain't good. Carr has a bad defense but was still able to lead his team to where TT can't. Now what good weapons does he got? Not a great rb and he still succeeded. How many comebacks against good teams. A lot. How many 200 drives to win the game. Ok thank TT is light years away from all that.

As a rookie gentleman. 6 years you are not a rookie.