NBA 2017-18

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

he didn't even do up his shoes for most of the road games against Cleveland

He didn't play great on the road against CLE, but few Celts did.

He did drop a cool 25 point on 53% shooting in a close out game against Philly.

He also dropped 24 on 46% shooting after losing two straight to the Cavs in a huge win.  

He outperformed Simmons in the biggest stage as a rookie.  He's second in NBA history in 20+ point games in the playoffs as a rookie, behind a HoFer and top 10 player in history.  

Tatum got so much praise because of HOW READY he looked in primetime and big games.

I hate the Celtics.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

i've paid $100s to watch them not even bother to move during layup line

one night Spree and Ewing deliberately picked up 2 quicks fouls in the first minutes, then they sat and laughed on the bench the rest of the half

i don't fully blame them, it would be nice if they could tweet out their level of effort for the upcoming game

LeBron is tired and will only be trying if his team has a chance to win in the second half...

They try on Christmas Day because they'll be fined $50,000,000 for jaking during the telecasts... :D

or... The Raptors plan to run out full tonight to massacre an injured Brooklyn playing their 4th road game in 5 nights.  The kids will scream and Lowry will taunt and walk tall all game.  Then they will totally quit in the playoffs for the 6th straight year.  Enjoy folks!!!

You hate the NBA so much :lol:

You used Spree and Ewing as examples so this has been going on for a long time.  It isn't new and it isn't going anywhere.  82 games is too long of a season.  LeBron is tired BECAUSE of the effort he has put forth.  I couldn't disagree more that he only tries if his team has a chance in the second half.

He is almost punished for having been so good for so long in many fans eyes.  He is still, at 33, the best player in the league bar none.  I think we can cut him a break if he isn't the best player on the floor every night.  He dragged this team to the finals and I'm sorry Celtic fans but that is partly because the East is still so terrible and partly because he is just that damn good.  He has been to the Finals 8 straight times.  That is incredible in this day and age.  He has been in the spotlight since he was 16 and his only mis-step was the decision that raised 2 million dollars for charity.

The Raptors didn't quit they suffer from plsd.  Post LeBron Stress Disorder.   The look on Derozan's face after game 1 told us all the series was over.  Is LeBron really not supposed to get mad at JR Smith after an all time bonehead play where LeBron went off the entire game and has his chance at victory stolen from him by a team mate?  LeBron is and has been playing at an incredible level for a loooonnnngggg time.  He is in the discussion for the greatest player of all time.  I wonder how many that wouldn't want him would have taken Jordan during his Wizard years.  That was washed up Jordan.  Next year teams are getting end of his prime LeBron.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Gotta love the NBA. It’s like the car racing games we played as kids, when you suck and your opponent is near perfect that’s ok, the game compensates and speeds your car up and slows his down.

The NBA is half way to being pro wrestling at this point.

36 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Lebron sends Curry flying to the ground with a pushoff/charge/elbow and it’s a foul on Curry. 

What a joke.        

I think Curry grabbed his arm so his head wouldn't hit the ground, James uses his off arm all the time to get seperation.

it was clearly a charge by LeBron

i fast forward through the next 20 minutes they waste of your life on replay and try to reason it out when the replay dudes call whatever the !@#$ they want to no matter what is plainly on the screen

that looked to me like it should have been a non call....it was game time contact and unfortunately with the disparity of size of the 2 involved, steph was sent flying

10 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I think Curry grabbed his arm so his head wouldn't hit the ground, James uses his off arm all the time to get seperation.

17 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

that looked to me like it should have been a non call....it was game time contact and unfortunately with the disparity of size of the 2 involved, steph was sent flying

it was a major mid-opera aria, of course they had to spend 15 minutes on  it....

17 hours ago, section122 said:

You hate the NBA so much :lol:

You used Spree and Ewing as examples so this has been going on for a long time.  It isn't new and it isn't going anywhere.  82 games is too long of a season.  LeBron is tired BECAUSE of the effort he has put forth.  I couldn't disagree more that he only tries if his team has a chance in the second half.

He is almost punished for having been so good for so long in many fans eyes.  He is still, at 33, the best player in the league bar none.  I think we can cut him a break if he isn't the best player on the floor every night.  He dragged this team to the finals and I'm sorry Celtic fans but that is partly because the East is still so terrible and partly because he is just that damn good.  He has been to the Finals 8 straight times.  That is incredible in this day and age.  He has been in the spotlight since he was 16 and his only mis-step was the decision that raised 2 million dollars for charity.

The Raptors didn't quit they suffer from plsd.  Post LeBron Stress Disorder.   The look on Derozan's face after game 1 told us all the series was over.  Is LeBron really not supposed to get mad at JR Smith after an all time bonehead play where LeBron went off the entire game and has his chance at victory stolen from him by a team mate?  LeBron is and has been playing at an incredible level for a loooonnnngggg time.  He is in the discussion for the greatest player of all time.  I wonder how many that wouldn't want him would have taken Jordan during his Wizard years.  That was washed up Jordan.  Next year teams are getting end of his prime LeBron.

i have to honestly evaluate whether i have the time and energy to hand over  3 hours to a regular season game.

sometimes i can definitely say yes!!!

you are highly wrapped up in LeBron and that's great as a young fan, you'll hit a day when you can't do this anymore, and for very very good and important reasons.

(hopefully you will get there...)

52 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it was a major mid-opera aria, of course they had to spend 15 minutes on  it....

i have to honestly evaluate whether i have the time and energy to hand over  3 hours to a regular season game.

sometimes i can definitely say yes!!!

you are highly wrapped up in LeBron and that's great as a young fan, you'll hit a day when you can't do this anymore, and for very very good and important reasons.

(hopefully you will get there...)

I'm not that young but I'll take it as a compliment.  I'm a Lakers fan because of Showtime.  Magic was my hero and 11 year old me cried when he retired because I thought he was dying.  I'm also not all wrapped up in LeBron but he is incredible.  Too many people are wrapped up in the "glory days."  Jordan was a great player and the greatest shooting guard ever.  Best player for me is too hard since each position requires such different things.  I prefer to do greatest by position.  Mine goes something like this:

PG: Magic (did you expect anyone else 0:))

SG: Jordan

SF: LeBron

PF:

Center:

I left the last 2 blank because there are so many options.  For PF Duncan, Malone, Dirk has an argument, Bird if you call him a PF instead of SF, and I am sure there are more.  Center is even more muddied.  Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Hakeem, Bill Russell, among others is too hard to clarify.

All that said and LeBron is, to me, a hybrid of Jordan and Magic.  He has an incredible BBIQ and makes so many amazing passes or the correct play.  He can also score at will a la Jordan.  I used to question his killer instinct but his game 7 track record is pretty incredible.  He is 6-2 and before the Boston game he averaged 34.9 ppg, 8 boards, and 4.5 assists.  In that game 7 he went for 35, 9, and 5.  Consistently dominant in the most important game.

I get your point about 3 hours for a regular season game.  Life has taken away a lot of opportunities to follow sports as much as i used to but I sacrificed baseball viewing lol.  I watch pretty much every NFL game on, Laker games when available or big matchups, Yankees when there is nothing else on.  I just can't follow them all as closely but the NBA will always hold a special spot.  When engaged NBA players play the sport at an incredible level.  That was so much fun last night watching Kevin Durant.  He is my favorite player in the league mostly because he is so smooth and everything he does he makes look so easy.  That performance is exactly why I still love the NBA.  Your point though is why I don't follow the league as closely as I used to.  Well that and the NBA is the easiest sport to fix and many many questionable things happen but that is a different conversation for a different day :devil:

19 minutes ago, section122 said:

I'm not that young but I'll take it as a compliment.  I'm a Lakers fan because of Showtime.  Magic was my hero and 11 year old me cried when he retired because I thought he was dying.  I'm also not all wrapped up in LeBron but he is incredible.  Too many people are wrapped up in the "glory days."  Jordan was a great player and the greatest shooting guard ever.  Best player for me is too hard since each position requires such different things.  I prefer to do greatest by position.  Mine goes something like this:

PG: Magic (did you expect anyone else 0:))

SG: Jordan

SF: LeBron

PF:

Center:

I left the last 2 blank because there are so many options.  For PF Duncan, Malone, Dirk has an argument, Bird if you call him a PF instead of SF, and I am sure there are more.  Center is even more muddied.  Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Hakeem, Bill Russell, among others is too hard to clarify.

All that said and LeBron is, to me, a hybrid of Jordan and Magic.  He has an incredible BBIQ and makes so many amazing passes or the correct play.  He can also score at will a la Jordan.  I used to question his killer instinct but his game 7 track record is pretty incredible.  He is 6-2 and before the Boston game he averaged 34.9 ppg, 8 boards, and 4.5 assists.  In that game 7 he went for 35, 9, and 5.  Consistently dominant in the most important game.

I get your point about 3 hours for a regular season game.  Life has taken away a lot of opportunities to follow sports as much as i used to but I sacrificed baseball viewing lol.  I watch pretty much every NFL game on, Laker games when available or big matchups, Yankees when there is nothing else on.  I just can't follow them all as closely but the NBA will always hold a special spot.  When engaged NBA players play the sport at an incredible level.  That was so much fun last night watching Kevin Durant.  He is my favorite player in the league mostly because he is so smooth and everything he does he makes look so easy.  That performance is exactly why I still love the NBA.  Your point though is why I don't follow the league as closely as I used to.  Well that and the NBA is the easiest sport to fix and many many questionable things happen but that is a different conversation for a different day :devil:

thanks Section!

first memories were older people screaming at Wilt on TV for quitting and choking and milking a bogus injury in another major NBA matchup, i guess it was the 1973 NBA final.

The Buffalo Braves played 5 or 6 games in Toronto each season and they gave us the good games as well, so the best came up here for games for years, got to see Boston each year and Washington as well. Braves had a good thing going with McAdoo and Smith and some cult players but they couldn't get past Havlicek or Elvin Hayes in the playoffs.  Then it fell apart in about 30 seconds in all kinds of directions...  :(

Raptors have run the fans around for 6 years beating up on the horrible teams and then folding it up when it gets to crunch time.  But the fans keep showing up and screaming and acting like it matters when you are going to the playoffs anyway.

Bird's last year at ISU was my first high school year, so I had the shrine and posters and watched his career through that year into post-grad studies, i would have enjoyed watching him getting the freedom to put up 15 3-point shots every game... :D

Christmas Day they give their best, anything else (even the playoffs) you are rolling the dice on commitment.

More entertaining than the sweep...

Does Steph get high before every interview?

Is Draymond the love child of Dennis Rodman and Madonna?

Woud KD snarl at kids after beating them in a carnival game?

OFC where will LeBaby land? 

What will you do until TC!?

• Haha (+1) 1