July Movies: Spider-Man, Apes, Dunkirk, & Atomic Blonde

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Dunkirk.

It was very good. The cinematography and score were just amazing. See it on the biggest screen you can. Keeps you in the edge of your seat. Loved the overall "story line" if you can call it that.

I want to see it.

Nobody watched Valerian?

I'm waiting on Dunkirk to be on Netflix. Just don't feel up to being depressed for 2hrs.

My wife wanted to see it so we went last weekend. It was "eh" -- sort of an Avatar-meets-The Last Starfighter type of flick. The female lead is super cute so that kept my attention, but a lot of the dialogue was brutal. It's a visual spectacle, so if you're into that sort of thing it's worth a watch on the big screen. We didn't see it in 3D, however.

I saw Dunkirk yesterday as well.

It is visually amazing, and the true story is amazing.

I just didn't get into the parallel stories that much, except the boat guy. I thought that was good.

The airplane stuff was as it usually is though. Lots of neat shots, but tactically silly with odd strategies and ridiculously long engagements.

I get that they want the video to b e cool, but it gets totally unrealistic.

My wife wanted to see it so we went last weekend. It was "eh" -- sort of an Avatar-meets-The Last Starfighter type of flick. The female lead is super cute so that kept my attention, but a lot of the dialogue was brutal. It's a visual spectacle, so if you're into that sort of thing it's worth a watch on the big screen. We didn't see it in 3D, however.

This is the kind of review I was expecting for this movie.

It looked neat, but it didn't look that appealing to me. I hope that Dane DeHaan continues to get more roles, as i see him as an up and coming talent. Cara Delevigne is great to look at, she is a fashion model after all, and Luc Besson has a very good vision as a director.

The trailers did not excite me enough to want to see it. Also it came out at a time when there has been so much action, and more appealing offerings at the cinemas.

This is the kind of review I was expecting for this movie.

It looked neat, but it didn't look that appealing to me. I hope that Dane DeHaan continues to get more roles, as i see him as an up and coming talent. Cara Delevigne is great to look at, she is a fashion model after all, and Luc Besson has a very good vision as a director.

The trailers did not excite me enough to want to see it. Also it came out at a time when there has been so much action, and more appealing offerings at the cinemas.

Carla Delevigne may be great to look at, but after Suicide Squad she's ruined for me for all eternity. Who the !@#$ told her "Okay...act like you've got Parkinsons, and...action!"

Carla Delevigne may be great to look at, but after Suicide Squad she's ruined for me for all eternity. Who the !@#$ told her "Okay...act like you've got Parkinsons, and...action!"

:lol:

That hasn't stopped people from casting her. She has 3 future projects.

:lol:

That hasn't stopped people from casting her. She has 3 future projects.

Doesn't surprise me, as that performance (and you do know the particular scene I'm talking about, right? Towards the end, where she's addressing the squad and shaking like she's crossing a high-wire in a high wind during an earthquake while being pelted with fruit) couldn't possibly have been her responsibility. The director was either !@#$ing with her, or with the animators ("What the !@#$ is she doing? We're supposed to digitally render her costume over this performance? What is this ****? !@#$ it, Taco Bell is hiring.)