July Movies: Spider-Man, Apes, Dunkirk, & Atomic Blonde

I saw Dunkirk on Sunday afternoon, it was a 4pm show. Maybe that time had something to do with the audience being almost all 50+, that caught my attention as soon as we walked in to take our seats. Maybe younger couples don't go to movies as much?

It was a good movie, I like how Nolan worked the timeline. He could have shown some of the fighting taking place on the lines but it seemed that his sole intention was to capture the despair from the beach. 8/10 for me.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Dunkirk on Sunday afternoon, it was a 4pm show. Maybe that time had something to do with the audience being almost all 50+, that caught my attention as soon as we walked in to take our seats. Maybe younger couples don't go to movies as much?

It was a good movie, I like how Nolan worked the timeline. He could have shown some of the fighting taking place on the lines but it seemed that his sole intention was to capture the despair from the beach. 8/10 for me.

Younger couples are not the intended demographic for this movie.

I would guess that Nolan's prior work winds up being at least a small draw for that demographic.

Nolan is a premiere director, and he can draw crowds. Thanks to the Dark Knight trilogy, he has draw with younger audiences.

The tough sell for Dunkirk is that it's a war movie that does not involve the USA, and there are no major stars in the movie too.

Nolan is a premiere director, and he can draw crowds. Thanks to the Dark Knight trilogy, he has draw with younger audiences.

The tough sell for Dunkirk is that it's a war movie that does not involve the USA, and there are no major stars in the movie too.

The lack of stars is what helps to make that movie. I can see some hack doing this movie and it starring will smith and Ben affleck.

Tom Hardy is in it, right? I'm. Has he hit A-list status yet?

The lack of stars is what helps to make that movie. I can see some hack doing this movie and it starring will smith and Ben affleck.

I agree with you on the lack of stars being what makes the movie, my point was that's why fewer people in the age of under 30 trajectory, would be showing little interest.

Word-of-mouth will have to draw that crowd in.

Correct!

Tom Hardy is in it, right? I'm. Has he hit A-list status yet?

Yes, he is in it.

No, he has not hit A-list status.

The only actor in this movie that comes close to A-list status is Kenneth Branagh.

Tom Hardy is putting in the effort. He could reach that status.

I watched Atomic Blonde.

I literally fell asleep. The audience cracked up laughing when I started snoring. (which woke me up). My friend said it was the best part of the movie.

His girlfriend described the movie as 90 minutes of "walkin', talkin', and smokin," The last 10 minutes was entertaining.

Edited by unbillievable

I watched Atomic Blonde.

I literally fell asleep. The audience cracked up laughing when I started snoring. (which woke me up). My friend said it was the best part of the movie.

His girlfriend described the movie as 90 minutes of "walkin', talkin', and smokin," The last 10 minutes was entertaining.

:lol: