Do you dislike Boston?

Another Fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Weather too.

Yeah weather is incredible. I could get used to it and being so close to the Sierra Nevadas!

No wonder why it has been a magnet for emigrants since the first days of European settlers!

If this was 1848... And no modern conveniences, I can see ditching this area's God Forsaken weather for a mild med climate! Life of Prairie way too harsh!

Right now, I am suffering from a brutal summer cold, feels like someone kicked the crap out of me. Rheumatoid arthritis even flaring!

Been there a number of times for work trips, and I hate every aspect of Boston. Small, tight spaces, Saturday traffic jams, roads not laid out in grid, impossible to get to airport. Its an awful place to visit, and I would hate to live there. Toss in that horribly annoying accent and you have hell in america.

Yeah weather is incredible. I could get used to it and being so close to the Sierra Nevadas!

No wonder why it has been a magnet for emigrants since the first days of European settlers!

That's because they were told to keep going west. They couldn't go any further so they had just stopped.

:)

I live an hour north of downtown. I love hanging out in Boston. They have great music clubs. The view of the skyline from the MIT campus is spectacular

Bill'ricka (Billerica), Tewksbury, Andover or Pee Budy (Peabody) ?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Great city, fans of their sports teams are a bunch of tools, for the most part.

There are some that are true fans of their teams, from personal experiences, mostly Bruins and Celtics. It's the uneducated moronic bandwagon jumpers from the Pats and Sox that are the worst. They don't know the history of those teams and know only Tom Brady and David Ortiz. Ask them who Steve Grogan or Jim Rice are and they have no clue.

The worst thing is, regardless of their knowledge of the past, they all seem to think the sports world revolves around Boston/New England.

I find it really hard to believe that a Red Sox fan in Boston doesn't know who Jim Rice is. At least the ones over 40 years old.

I find it really hard to believe that a Red Sox fan in Boston doesn't know who Jim Rice is. At least the ones over 40 years old.

I believe it. A quick little story that's kind of funny from my buddy. He used to manage City Sports (the one on Boylston) and when the Red Sox made their run in 2004 they sold a ridiculous amount of Sox gear. He has these vivid memories of people stocking up on gear, bragging about their fandom, while playoff games were going on. They had no idea. It used to drive him CRAZY.

That's because they were told to keep going west. They couldn't go any further so they had just stopped.

:)

Didn't Reagan have a quote that went went something like: "If Columbus had landed on the West Coast the Northeast would still be woods"

I was in a revolving restaurant (on top of a Hyatt?) during the white bronco chase. I was visiting an old WNY buddy having dinner with our wives. It started while we were still at their place then we went out to meet our reservation. We kept asking the waitress for updates until we ended up in the kitchen with he staff watching on a little 13" TV for an hour while our wives got acquainted.

For a place I never lived, I have a lot of fond memories from Boston.

I would fly in and out of Manchester on occasion versus driving into Boston.

Same here... Always Midway-Manchester. Family in Reading & Westford. Avoid Logan like plague.

Did Providence one time

This is the only Boston I like ..

BostonBoston.jpg

RIP, Brad Delp.

I like these from Boston:

20160901-baked-beans-vicky-wasik-11-thum

But they give me gas & terrible bloating just like the people & city do.

You should probably share some of those chicken fingers from the Backroom with the rest of us.

Overrated. But the ice cream they make at the Puritan is awesome.

Same here... Always Midway-Manchester. Family in Reading & Westford. Avoid Logan like plague.

MHT airport used to rock when Southwest wasn't in Logan. We had non-stops to LA, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Chicago, Nashville, BWI and several Florida destinations. Since Southwest began Logan service, we lost all but the Florida, BWI and Midway service. It didn't kill MHT but it did put a big hurt on them.

Edited by PromoTheRobot