Dumb Carucci column...assessing QB position

eball

I think I'd argue that YPA is how effective. As for how often, didn't the thing you quoted say we ran like 46% of the time?

The beef is in the cow, but you've gotta slaughter the cow first I think.

Efficient and effective.

Is he Efficient and effective when the game is on the line?

He or the team?

Mmmm prime rib

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Efficient and effective.

Is he Efficient and effective when the game is on the line?

I don't know. I might look into it later. How exactly would you define 'game on the line'? Like how much is the max amount of time remaining? What's the biggest allowable deficit at that time?

LOL who knows. 8 GWD's needed for 9 wins sounds rough. I looked into them, and based on this board's criteria I think Stafford sucks!

Colts - Down 1 - GWD finishes with a FG. Stafford couldn't even put it in the endzone! Then the Lions got a safety to close out the game.

Eagles - Down 2 - GWD finishes with a FG. Stafford couldn't even put it in the endzone! Then the Lions forced an INT and the Lions Kneeled out.

Rams - Tied - GWD finishes with a FG. Stafford couldn't even put it in the endzone! Then the Lions forced an INT and the Lions Kneeled out.

Redskins - Down 4 - GWD with a TD!

Vikings - Down 3 - Settled for FG because Stafford couldn't even put it in the endzone! Made up for it by scoring a TD on first drive in OT.

Jaguars - Down 3 w/ 13:24 left - GWD with TD. Then Jags punt, Lions FG, Jags INT, Lions Kneel.

Vikings - Tied - Lions D forces INT at Minn 33. GWD finishes with a FG. Stafford couldn't even put it in the endzone!

Chicago - Up 3 - Stafford throws Pick 6 w/ 7:07 left. Down 4 - GWD with TD. Then Bears turn over on downs & Lions Kneel.

Please read this with a heavy dose of sarcasm.

I can't speak for the rest of the board, but my criteria for a successful GWD is it results in W. :)

I can't speak for the rest of the board, but my criteria for a successful GWD is it results in W. :)

If Carp doesn't miss in OT against Miami that's a GWD for Tyrod, but because the kicker missed it isn't? I'm just saying, if FGs count then why are people treating GWD as an individual stat?

If Carp doesn't miss in OT against Miami that's a GWD for Tyrod, but because the kicker missed it isn't? I'm just saying, if FGs count then why are people treating GWD as an individual stat?

But he missed as did Hotrod on the play before that (Goodwin in EZ).

Even if Carp HAD made it, game would not have been over anyway.

QBs get the most money, all the glory for a win, and all the blame for a loss. Just the way it is. Probably not fair, but thems the breaks.

Just Win Baby.

Go Hotrod!

Go BILLS !!!

So it appears that every day Vic's column will be that Bills are worse than last year. I could buy some of his other columns, but he's he does appear to be on a mission to show every unit is worse and whatever point he can come up with to prove his point.

Paying TT less is going to make him play worse?? Most times a player who feels he's underpaid will play better.

Today though a unit that led the league last season in rushing is somehow worse at every position. That is a reach IMO.

When he mentions Miller, he could have also commented as was stated here by many this might just be a motivational tool, or maybe this other guy is really good. But no comment on that.

Sounds like Glenn will be out for the season from the way he's looking at it.

Today he really does appear to be pushing an agenda.

So it appears that every day Vic's column will be that Bills are worse than last year. I could buy some of his other columns, but he's he does appear to be on a mission to show every unit is worse and whatever point he can come up with to prove his point.

Paying TT less is going to make him play worse?? Most times a player who feels he's underpaid will play better.

Today though a unit that led the league last season in rushing is somehow worse at every position. That is a reach IMO.

When he mentions Miller, he could have also commented as was stated here by many this might just be a motivational tool, or maybe this other guy is really good. But no comment on that.

Sounds like Glenn will be out for the season from the way he's looking at it.

Today he really does appear to be pushing an agenda.

I agree, the one about the O line today shows he has an agenda for some odd reason

...starting to sound like he's taking Jerry's "happy happy" pills.......they just never let up...........

Vic just had some decent stuff not all that long ago.

and now his Series sounds like he is just pushing the dreck and drivel out for the paycheck.

I hope they have not mixed up their medicines again. Jerry's happy pills are just placebos anyway.

I think the offense was limited due to not having its main offensive weapon on the field in Sammy Watkins

We gave up a lot for this guy....and when he is healthy he is drawing consistant double coverage and beating it.

Its tough to be explosive when your primary receiving weapon is Goodwin......so we relied heavily on our ground game and it did produce for the most part.

We need more out of our pass catchers......they need to make plays for their qb who isnt a guy that is gonna put it on his shoulders and win a game (or has not shown the ability to do that)

Nobody has argued that Goodwin is crap harder than me. Complete waste of time. But the QB's job is find the open guy and throw him the ball. We has plenty of open guys, it is there on film. When Tyrod lofted it and Goodwin failed to track the ball (because he is crap) I was the first to blame the receiver.

I think the passing game was to an extent limited by Roman's design though. They were never trying to be a move the chains, methodical, west coast offense.

Matt Stanford had 8 GWDs last season. FWIW

Which is why the Lions are likely to regress next year. Having a lot of game winning drives in one season is actually a bad thing, it means you had to win a ton of close games and it's hard to replicate that success.

But he missed as did Hotrod on the play before that (Goodwin in EZ).

Even if Carp HAD made it, game would not have been over anyway.

Correct and people forget that. It wasn't a kick "for the win" Miami who punted on 4th down their next drive would have had to go for it.

This is unarguable. Of course game winning drives isn't an individual stat. Tyrod gets a GWD against Miami if the defense remembers to send out 11 men. That's how arbitrary it is. I don't know why people try so hard to distract from passer rating, YPA, and DVOA. There are not many other stats that actually correlate well with performance.

Vic just had some decent stuff not all that long ago.

and now his Series sounds like he is just pushing the dreck and drivel out for the paycheck.

I hope they have not mixed up their medicines again. Jerry's happy pills are just placebos anyway.

...estrogen I believe.............

This is unarguable. Of course game winning drives isn't an individual stat. Tyrod gets a GWD against Miami if the defense remembers to send out 11 men. That's how arbitrary it is. I don't know why people try so hard to distract from passer rating, YPA, and DVOA. There are not many other stats that actually correlate well with performance.

Because the only stat that counts is Ws. All the rest is just for fun and stat geeks.

The great QBs like Rodgers, Peyton, Russell Wilson, Big Ben, Jim Kelly, and Roger Staubach find ways to win. It's what separates the men from the boys. I'm hoping Hotrod can be a man.

Edited by reddogblitz

Because the only stat that counts is Ws. All the rest is just for fun and stat geeks.

The great QBs like Rodgers, Peyton, Russell Wilson, Big Ben, Jim Kelly, and Roger Staubach find ways to win. It's what separates the men from the boys. I'm hoping Hotrod can be a man.

As I've said before - if you only care to discuss wins and losses you're visiting the forum in the wrong month. I'm honestly kind of sick of this, people claiming that wins and losses are all that actually matter as if that point is lost on anyone here. Imagine your friend tells you Drew Brees played fantastic last year and you respond "eh, not enough wins."

As I've said before - if you only care to discuss wins and losses you're visiting the forum in the wrong month. I'm honestly kind of sick of this, people claiming that wins and losses are all that actually matter as if that point is lost on anyone here. Imagine your friend tells you Drew Brees played fantastic last year and you respond "eh, not enough wins."

OK. Tomorrow starts a new month. Will it be the right month to start talking about wins and losses again? :)

Edited by reddogblitz

Another dumb Carucci article.

"Offensive line once ranked as one of the stronger areas for the Buffalo Bills.

Now, it is looking, shall we say, a bit wobbly."

According to Vic, the OL is suddenly a big concern because...

Richie is still the best player.

Glenn has an ankle injury

Mills is still starting.

Miller is trying to fend off Ducasse.

Wood is recovering from a broken leg.

Where's the problem?

Richie still plays at a high level.

Glenn played through injuries last year and missed some games. We have every reason to hope he'll be more productive this year.

Mills isn't good but he's no worse than last year and maybe (some say) a little better. And he may get beat out yet.

Miller isn't getting worse either. If Ducasse is better than we expected and giving Miller some competition: great!

Wood without a broken leg (2017) is better than Wood with a broken leg (2016)

How is this line worse than 2016?

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/30/bills-ol-area-strength-now-carrying-share-questions/