Dumb Carucci column...assessing QB position

eball

The defense/ST holds for one minute and we are looking at a 9 win team, not seven. But Rex could still be here too if that had happened.

OMG. We are just going to play make believe now? If Andy Dalton doesn't get hurt 2 years ago, the Bengals win the SB and he is thought of as one of the best qbs in the NFL.

If Kelly gave Thurman more carries, the Bills blow out the Giants to win the SB.

If I tried to walk on at USC, I probably make the NFL and marry an actress who will provide for me when I become a house husband after I retire.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG. We are just going to play make believe now? If Andy Dalton doesn't get hurt 2 years ago, the Bengals win the SB and he is thought of as one of the best qbs in the NFL.

If Kelly gave Thurman more carries, the Bills blow out the Giants to win the SB.

If I tried to walk on at USC, I probably make the NFL and marry an actress who will provide for me when I become a house husband after I retire.

And If D Carr didn't break his leg last year ..... who knows

If Thurman didn't lose his helmet .... who knows

If Norwood ....... oh wait we would know that one

:D

Agreed. Now that EJ is gone, all of our problems will be solved.

The Bills made their decision after the Miami loss.. Even if Cardale had started the last game and the result would have been the same L.

The Bills tanked the last game.

Why else bench TT? oh wait wasn't there an injury clause .....

that's sarcasm people

He was terrible and should have been gone sooner. look at post 177. That Shady guy will say anything not to blame the defense for that second Miami game.he doesn't want to blame the defense for anything in that game. And your going to tell me he doesn't have an agenda going on. Sure thing. one minute left with momentum on their side, a should be win the next week, and the defense, ST blew it. carpenter misses a FG in OT, the defense has ten men on the field and so on.

Fun fact. EJ has the same amount of game winning drives in 12 less starts than Tyrod.

Fun fact. EJ has the same amount of game winning drives in 12 less starts than Tyrod.

6-11 with some putrid performances. or 15-14, when on his worst day, he's better than EJ. I'll take Taylor. And EJ also can be a turnover machine. No thanks.

One minute left to the eighth win of the season if the defense/st didn't collapse, again. hard to believe, I know. Also hard to believe that the Bills beat a Jets team that had packed it in if TT plays. The team quit because the organization showed that they were not interested in winning by starting EJ. And it showed.

Amazing what's possible when you're backed up by the #4 and #2 Defense by DVOA vs #24 and #26!

Haha. It was more tongue in cheek. But what does defense ranking have to do with leading a game winning drive? In Tyrod's "comeback" against the Titans, he passed for 100 yards and was only in it because of the defense.

6-11 with some putrid performances. or 15-14, when on his worst day, he's better than EJ. I'll take Taylor. And EJ also can be a turnover machine. No thanks.

One minute left to the eighth win of the season if the defense/st didn't collapse, again. hard to believe, I know. Also hard to believe that the Bills beat a Jets team that had packed it in if TT plays. The team quit because the organization showed that they were not interested in winning by starting EJ. And it showed.

Tyrod is better than EJ. I think it's because he wasn't developed by our awful organization. But Tyrod is a lot closer to EJ than he is Brady. Tyrod's worse passing days are high school level. But obviously, he takes care of ball much better so that's a huge plus.

Haha. It was more tongue in cheek. But what does defense ranking have to do with leading a game winning drive? In Tyrod's "comeback" against the Titans, he passed for 100 yards and was only in it because of the defense.

Tyrod is better than EJ. I think it's because he wasn't developed by our awful organization. But Tyrod is a lot closer to EJ than he is Brady. Tyrod's worse passing days are high school level. But obviously, he takes care of ball much better so that's a huge plus.

Why is it that the few who will come up with any nonsense that they can come up with, against TT true or not, are EJ guys? EJ had plenty of opportunities. he failed. He had to be benched. He stinks.

What were the defensive rankings of those EJ led teams?

Just trying to make sure we take it all into prospective

Does it really matter? A comeback is a comeback. Tyrod came back from the Titans where he had 100 yards passing because the defense kept them in the game.

Also, one of those EJ comebacks was against the Panthers who were ranked #2 in defense.

What were the defensive rankings of those EJ led teams?

Just trying to make sure we take it all into prospective

Now you made me do it

One was a rookie with an idiot HC, the other had 4 years to learn and then had an idiot HC

Does it really matter? A comeback is a comeback. Tyrod came back from the Titans where he had 100 yards passing because the defense kept them in the game.

Also, one of those EJ comebacks was against the Panthers who were ranked #2 in defense.

Where's s transplant been?, he'd tell you TT had a comeback against the powerhouse Jaguars too. (I believe the game was tied early in the 4th)

Tyrod is better than EJ. I think it's because he wasn't developed by our awful organization.

The coaching excuse doesn't add up. Derek Carr's QB coach and then OC has been Todd Downing, who was EJ's QB coach in 2014. And the Ravens coaches have been there while Flacco has been seriously regressing since his Super Bowl. I really don't think coaching affects QB development as much as people think. EJ was always going to suck.

That Titan game, the Bills had RBs from off the street starting, and Watkins didn't play. The Titans defense was ranked pretty high too, if I remember. Just to help you out. And that Carolina game was a nice start for EJ in his rookie season. He was helped by a big penalty in that last drive, but that's the NFL. It was a good win. He regressed in 2014. He still stinks. Also, the Panthers secondary was decimated with injuries in that Panthers game too.

You know its really interesting how you put this into prospective.

How many times did the bills have the lead when Tyrod left the field in some of these games.....OF COURSE IT MATTERS SIR

The coaching excuse doesn't add up. Derek Carr's QB coach and then OC has been Todd Downing, who was EJ's QB coach in 2014. And the Ravens coaches have been there while Flacco has been seriously regressing since his Super Bowl. I really don't think coaching affects QB development as much as people think. EJ was always going to suck.

Coaching is more than just a QB coach. It is the entire coaching staff.

Whats his name .... he's currently getting mocked over the Jaguars Magazine cover.

How many times did the bills have the lead when Tyrod left the field in some of these games.....OF COURSE IT MATTERS SIR

Are you sure you want to know that answer? It may not be in favor of your point.

Baltimore - Bills trailed 7 to 10 entering the 4th

JETS - Bills trailed 20 to 17 entering the 4th

Miami - Bills led 17 to 14 entering the 4th

NE - Bills trailed 41 to 17 entering the 4th

Sea - Bills trailed 28 to 17 entering the 4th

shall I continue?

it doesn't get better. I think the answer is 2 times all season

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I'm tired of the Crushers, the Shadys, the Biscuits, and a few others who dislike TT because of EJ. You don't have to agree with me John, but IMO this is why. It makes for pointless arguing which I always get sucked into.

Coaching is more than just a QB coach. It is the entire coaching staff.

Whats his name .... he's currently getting mocked over the Jaguars Magazine cover.

Are you sure you want to know that answer? It may not be in favor of your point.

Baltimore - Bills trailed 7 to 10 entering the 4th

JETS - Bills trailed 20 to 17 entering the 4th

Miami - Bills led 17 to 14 entering the 4th

NE - Bills trailed 41 to 17 entering the 4th

Sea - Bills trailed 28 to 17 entering the 4th

shall I continue?

it doesn't get better. I think the answer is 2 times all season

Thanks for providing that information

It is an area that Tyrod needs to work on. Im not going to sit and make excuses about qualtiy of pass catchers or anything like that....he needs to get better in that area.

Edited by John from Hemet

I haven't actually looked it up for this situation specifically, but generally when your defense is good they keep more games close enough for comebacks to happen. It's part of why Russ Wilson was able to make a comeback in that playoff game where he threw 4 picks to start the game, for instance. When your defense can keep you in it you just need one of your final drives to be successful. When they can't you make the go ahead score with 1:20 left on the clock and somehow end up in overtime anyway :lol: