Bills and Sabre Game Weekends (Sabres Schedule)

I borrowed from what a couple of others had posted and made some corrections and clarifications. Thanks to all for the legwork and posts! I try to make it into town for one of these weekends every year, and it looks like I will have several opportunities this year!

Friday October 20 - Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres (7:00 PM Eastern)

Sunday October 22 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Buffalo Sabres (1:00 PM Eastern)

Saturday October 28 - San Jose Sharks at Buffalo Sabres (1:00 PM Eastern)

Sunday October 29 - Oakland Raiders at Buffalo Bills (1:00 PM Eastern)

Friday November 10 - Florida Panthers at Buffalo Sabres (7:00 PM Eastern)

Sunday November 12 - New Orleans Saints at Buffalo Bills (1:00 PM Eastern)

Friday December 1 - Pittsburgh Penguins at Buffalo Sabres (7:00 PM Eastern)

Sunday December 3 - New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills (1:00 PM Eastern)

December 15 - Carolina Hurricanes at Buffalo Sabres (7:00 PM Eastern)

December 17 - Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills (1:00 PM Eastern)

I borrowed from what a couple of others had posted and made some corrections and clarifications. Thanks to all for the legwork and posts! I try to make it into town for one of these weekends every year, and it looks like I will have several opportunities this year!

Friday October 20 - Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres (7:00 PM Eastern)

Sunday October 22 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Buffalo Sabres (1:00 PM Eastern)

Saturday October 28 - San Jose Sharks at Buffalo Sabres (1:00 PM Eastern)

Sunday October 29 - Oakland Raiders at Buffalo Bills (1:00 PM Eastern)

Friday November 10 - Florida Panthers at Buffalo Sabres (7:00 PM Eastern)

Sunday November 12 - New Orleans Saints at Buffalo Bills (1:00 PM Eastern)

Friday December 1 - Pittsburgh Penguins at Buffalo Sabres (7:00 PM Eastern)

Sunday December 3 - New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills (1:00 PM Eastern)

December 15 - Carolina Hurricanes at Buffalo Sabres (7:00 PM Eastern)

December 17 - Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills (1:00 PM Eastern)

...nice work...so if and a BIG IF the Bills had a downtown stadium, the potential could exist for 90,000 fans in downtown at the same time wanting to see both clubs.....

I'm really interested in this game - I want to see whether Jack Eichel has what it takes to play quarterback in the NFL.

Same. The tank better have been worth it. The fact that McDavid has already cemented himself as a franchise QB is hard enough to deal with while we wait for Eichel to mature into the role.

Same. The tank better have been worth it. The fact that McDavid has already cemented himself as a franchise QB is hard enough to deal with while we wait for Eichel to mature into the role.

I'm hearing we're retiring Perrault's #11 during a halftime ceremony at the 50 yrd line AND renaming the stadium Seymore & Mortimer Knox Field -'the Mort' for short.

Quite a few years ago my dad and I flew into Buffalo for a Bills game on Sunday (Raiders? Bledsoe years). The Sabres played a preseason game the same night downtown. We went to both the same day. It wasn't as much fun as you'd think. We were exhausted by the third period. I'd much prefer games on back to back nights than both the same day.

Promo, you an old dude like me...Sunday doubleheaders were a pretty regular occurrence in at least the 80's...i remember going to several. Sabres loved that Sunday night home game that started at 7 PM ...don't know why, but they loved Sunday home games.

Right out of college i took vacation days on the Monday after a double header...no way could go into work

Friday..out to 3 AM

Saturday..out to 3AM

Sunday tailgate at 9 AM

Sunday post game tailgate till 6"15

Sabre Game till 9:30

Total Beers...close 60

Total Marlboro Reds..close to 80

Monday was not an option

Like you said, I'm an old guy. I don't remember much. :P

Don't just stop at double headers. Catch a UB football or basketball game, a Canisius basketball or hockey game, or even a Ti-Cats game. Cram those weekends.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Nice!

We have Vancouver in town Friday October 20th before the Bucs game

The Sharks on Saturday Saturday the 28th before the Raiders- Awesome for me as a California guy.

Florida on Friday November 10th before the Saints game.

Penguins on Friday December 1 before the Pats game.

Carolina on Friday December 15th before the Fins game.

Good slate! Hopefully some overlap before our home playoff game too, lol.

This is great for out of town fans..who want to travel and see the teams......but, I smell a rat from the point of view of Bills fans....who deserve two home games in each season month..Sep-Dec. I am wondering if the Pegs are influenceing the NFL scheduling to setup these date matchups. And thus backloading the bills home games into the end of the season. i have long criticized the backloading of the Bills schedule into the Nov-Dec timeframe, when its cold outside. More than four games in that time period means that, once agian, the Bilsl games season ticket holders got hosed. This schedule matchup is way more than in prior years, and is the basis of my gut feel on this issue. Of course, the Sabres schedule could also be influenced here.......still, to many years of backloading Bills games into the cold weatrher months. (One of the reasons I dropped my season tickets this year)

Edited by Sakman

This is great for out of town fans..who want to travel and see the teams......but, I smell a rat from the point of view of Bills fans....who deserve two home games in each season month..Sep-Dec. I am wondering if the Pegs are influenceing the NFL scheduling to setup these date matchups. And thus backloading the bills home games into the end of the season. i have long criticized the backloading of the Bills schedule into the Nov-Dec timeframe, when its cold outside. More than four games in that time period means that, once agian, the Bilsl games season ticket holders got hosed. This schedule matchup is way more than in prior years, and is the basis of my gut feel on this issue. Of course, the Sabres schedule could also be influenced here.......still, to many years of backloading Bills games into the cold weatrher months. (One of the reasons I dropped my season tickets this year)

.....scheduling fairness?....LMAO......opponents are pre-set versus within the conference as well as 4 divisional games....pretty sure the rest is up to Schedule Gods (COUGH)....maybe Pegula eventually builds a Lucas Oil type stadium so the Nov-Dec games' weather is a non-factor.....which I'd bet Generalissimo Goodell is after anyway............

Oliver Stone conspiracy theory

I thought we want December games to psych out our opponents?

.....LOL.....Fins' Ricky wasn't "psyched out" when he ran for 228 in the snow in December 2002....Bills did manage to pull it out........the "Bills' House" used to be a feared barn to play in....the "W" was rarely in question........BIGGER question was "by how much"?.......need to get back to "those days" ASAP............

Do you have any idea what it takes to create the NFL's schedule every year? The guys and the computer that do it have a lot bigger things to worry about than putting Bills/Sabres home games in the same weekend.

Edited to add: and in any case, the Bills have two home games in September and two in October.

Edited by LeviF91