Bills and Sabre Game Weekends (Sabres Schedule)

Many of us on the board travel to Buffalo for games every year. When I can, I like to schedule my trips to hit a Sabres game in addition to the Bills. The NHL's schedule is slated to come out tomorrow. We already know that the Sabres opener- Thursday October 5th vs Montreal- is in between the road Falcons and road Bengals games. Their second game, the Islanders home opener, is in Brooklyn the night before the Bengals game in Cincy.

Here's hoping we get a few home games that overlap this season

Edited by Jamie Nails

agreed, hitting both in a weekend make for epic Buffalo weekends.

They are releasing it today on the nhl network at 3:00!

I totally get the NFL schedule release fanfare and show, but for the NHL to now do it is pretty ridiculous.

"Oh no, the Sabres play games 62 and 63 on back-to-back nights!"

What's next, an MLB schedule release show? "Who do the Jays play in game 142, Bob?"

I totally get the NFL schedule release fanfare and show, but for the NHL to now do it is pretty ridiculous.

"Oh no, the Sabres play games 62 and 63 on back-to-back nights!"

What's next, an MLB schedule release show? "Who do the Jays play in game 142, Bob?"

I look forward to it for sure. I don't live in Buffalo so for me its cool to start planning road trips to Buffalo, Nashville and Carolina to see them play.

Nice!

We have Vancouver in town Friday October 20th before the Bucs game

The Sharks on Saturday Saturday the 28th before the Raiders- Awesome for me as a California guy.

Florida on Friday November 10th before the Saints game.

Penguins on Friday December 1 before the Pats game.

Carolina on Friday December 15th before the Fins game.

Good slate! Hopefully some overlap before our home playoff game too, lol.

I look forward to it for sure. I don't live in Buffalo so for me its cool to start planning road trips to Buffalo, Nashville and Carolina to see them play.

Which can be done by looking at the schedule on the website when it has been released. You need a show?

Which can be done by looking at the schedule on the website when it has been released. You need a show?

I don't need a show I was pointing out they were releasing it on the NHL channel, information sharing.

But yes I do have the nhl channel on and im watching it. Thanks for asking

Nice!

The Sharks on Saturday Saturday the 28th before the Raiders- Awesome for me as a California guy.

yeah this worked out great for us out of towners!

Nice!

They finally did it right! 5/8 Bills home games have a Sabres home date attached. Well done.

September 23 - Toronto at Buffalo

September 24 - Denver at Buffalo

October 28 - San Jose at Buffalo

October 29 - Oakland at Buffalo

November 10 - Florida at Buffalo

November 12 - New Orleans at Buffalo

December 1 - Pittsburgh at Buffalo

December 3 - New England at Buffalo

December 15 - Carolina at Buffalo

December 17 - Miami at Buffalo

agreed, hitting both in a weekend make for epic Buffalo weekends.

They are releasing it today on the nhl network at 3:00!

...WHICH may lead to a possible conundrum if Bills built a new stadium on or near the waterfront and both teams played on the same day.....90,000 Sunday fans in a downtown convergence?..better tell the wife you may be late for dinner...TUESDAY night..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...WHICH may lead to a possible conundrum if Bills built a new stadium on or near the waterfront and both teams played on the same day.....90,000 Sunday fans in a downtown convergence?..better tell the wife you may be late for dinner...TUESDAY night..............

When have the Sabres and Bills played at the same time? I can recall once when they had games at home the same day. Once.

When have the Sabres and Bills played at the same time? I can recall once when they had games at home the same day. Once.

Promo, you an old dude like me...Sunday doubleheaders were a pretty regular occurrence in at least the 80's...i remember going to several. Sabres loved that Sunday night home game that started at 7 PM ...don't know why, but they loved Sunday home games.

Right out of college i took vacation days on the Monday after a double header...no way could go into work

Friday..out to 3 AM

Saturday..out to 3AM

Sunday tailgate at 9 AM

Sunday post game tailgate till 6"15

Sabre Game till 9:30

Total Beers...close 60

Total Marlboro Reds..close to 80

Monday was not an option

Edited by plenzmd1

the double headers were nuts. My favorite one though was a Sabres game Saturday night, went to Tops after the game bought a grill, beers and food. Drove to the Ralph started tailgating around 11:30 PM. Partied until about 4 in the morning. Slept in the bed of a budies truck from 4:00-7:30 AM and started all over again. Crazy day.

September 23 - Toronto at Buffalo

September 24 - Denver at Buffalo

October 28 - San Jose at Buffalo

October 29 - Oakland at Buffalo

November 10 - Florida at Buffalo

November 12 - New Orleans at Buffalo

December 1 - Pittsburgh at Buffalo

December 3 - New England at Buffalo

December 15 - Carolina at Buffalo

December 17 - Miami at Buffalo

Most opportunities to see both in a weekend in a very long time! As a now Floridian, working in South Cackalacki, Nov & Dec games aren't as enticing as Sept/Oct. Gonna have to see what I can do about those.