New data shows Tyrod/the offense was better than you thought

Anger?

I don't see any anger in my post at all, I also stated I wish him luck this season. I do see that I posted my opinion and I did post how I'm not in favor of these threads being repeated over and over again but sorry man no anger. If anything I see anger from others posting on my opinion because these few don't like any type of negative on Tyrod which is why these Tyrod threads are so worthless.

Oh teef I used to have such respect for your post, I enjoyed them and always respected your comments but oh how times have changed, your in with a bad crowd and it's showing.

Negative when he deserves it is fine. Ridiculous posting is not.

The defense might have been better if the Bills weren't 25th in time of possession.

which was 29 minutes per game, tied with seven other teams. Best was Philli at 32 minutes a game. Worst was SF at 26 minutes. Top ten in scoring with 29 minutes should be enough for the defense to stay fresh enough.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sir...they would not have been

but if they had been just a little better....that top 10 in points offense might have aided them into a playoff birth

This was not a playoff team in any way, shape or form. The entire team sucked. Offense, defense, special teams and - especially - coaching.

The defense might have been better if the Bills weren't 25th in time of possession.

How about the defense get more turnovers for an offense that doesn't turn the ball over?

This was not a playoff team in any way, shape or form. The entire team sucked. Offense, defense, special teams and - especially - coaching.

Defense hangs on to the two leads against Miami, and TT plays against a Jets team that had packed it in, the Bills make the WC, not Miami.

Miami ranked 27 on that list of TOP, and they made the WC. They had 28 minutes.

A team that goes 7-9 sucks.

End of story.

Correct. A team. Not an offense. Inevitablty someone will point out that Drew Brees and the Saints had a better offense but worse record, and you inevitably will say "so you're saying Tyrod is Drew Brees?" Round and round we go. We've had this exact discussion 100 times, there's nothing more to be said on the record/blame game.

A team that goes 7-9 sucks.

End of story.

I dont know man....I guess if you want to look at it that way you can

In my opinion a team that goes 3-13 sucks.....a team that goes 7-9 just isnt good enough...they are literally like 2 games away from being in playoff contention but they arent....

I want to say they are mediocre......which is the abyss because they dont suck and are not good

I've always been in favor of logging the win/loss stat as part of a QB's record because regardless of the circumstances his performance and leadership is critical to the success of the football team in my humble opinion.

The game managing skills of QB's like A Smith might actually mean something ...

I've always been in favor of logging the win/loss stat as part of a QB's record because regardless of the circumstances his performance and leadership is critical to the success of the football team in my humble opinion.

The game managing skills of QB's like A Smith might actually mean something ...

...correct...and yes NFL QB stats are all inclusive, but I'd like to see his stats when the games were on the line with full court pressure versus "garbage or catch up stats" when the W is a foregone conclusion....for pure analysis versus "I told you so" crap...TT or any QB could have the best stats on the planet, but if the overall TEAM result is regularly 7-9, something ain't right somewhere IMO........

Rex would have found a new way to F it up even if we grabbed some more discernable stats along the way.

Play calling, penalties, substitutions etc.

We were doomed regardless.

bad mojo

What about it? What exactly are you clinging to here?

Why don't you read the thread? Gungy is using the Bills at 25 to justify how bad the offense was, and yet ignores Miami TOP was worse and they made the playoffs.

Edited by JM2009

...correct...and yes NFL QB stats are all inclusive, but I'd like to see his stats when the games were on the line with full court pressure versus "garbage or catch up stats" when the W is a foregone conclusion....for pure analysis versus "I told you so" crap...TT or any QB could have the best stats on the planet, but if the overall TEAM result is regularly 7-9, something ain't right somewhere IMO........

So when Tyrod Taylor somehow manages to come out on top with a winning record in his 1st 2 seasons... despite a lackluster D... and enough turmoil and poor coaching to send a whole regime and scouting department packing... it might tell you something...

...Taylor is not the problem... :flirt:

So when Tyrod Taylor somehow manages to come out on top with a winning record in his 1st 2 seasons... despite a lackluster D... and enough turmoil and poor coaching to send a whole regime and scouting department packing... it might tell you something...

...Taylor is not the problem... :flirt:

Taylor is the problem, when the game is on the line Tyrod is on the bench with consecutive 3 and outs. He did ok in a game or two and still failed to get the win. Big deal 2 seasons and 2 games we can brag about. He needs to do better, if he doesn't put his man pants on to close out games he will be once again sitting on the bench when the game is on the line wishing the D bails him out. This D better be a world beater or our D cordinator will be the one to take the fall in year one of the McD era.

I wish him luck but thinking Tyrod is going to be able to be a QB over being the RB he has been is just huge dreaming. I don't think he is going to change he is what he is just like Fitz, a QB just not good enough. We will see this season but I like many are not thinking the Bills are ready for primetime till a better QB is drafted. We all wish for that mircle season but after all these seasons of fail miracles just don't happen in Buffalo.

Taylor is the problem, when the game is on the line Tyrod is on the bench with consecutive 3 and outs. He did ok in a game or two and still failed to get the win. Big deal 2 seasons and 2 games we can brag about. He needs to do better, if he doesn't put his man pants on to close out games he will be once again sitting on the bench when the game is on the line wishing the D bails him out. This D better be a world beater or our D cordinator will be the one to take the fall in year one of the McD era.

I wish him luck but thinking Tyrod is going to be able to be a QB over being the RB he has been is just huge dreaming. I don't think he is going to change he is what he is just like Fitz, a QB just not good enough. We will see this season but I like many are not thinking the Bills are ready for primetime till a better QB is drafted. We all wish for that mircle season but after all these seasons of fail miracles just don't happen in Buffalo.

You are entitled to your opinion

Why don't you read the thread? Gungy is using the Bills at 25 to justify how bad the offense was, and yet ignores Miami TOP was worse and they made the playoffs.

No. I used the Bills' terrible TOP as one explanation as to why the defense was gassed every game.

Miami did more (i.e. scored) in a shorter period of time.

The Bills had the best running game in football (that eats the clock), yet still couldn't score when it counted. They couldn't sustain a drive ... when it counted. They couldn't rely on the QB to convert a 3rd down when behind, because they were obvious passing downs.

But yeah ... we'll go with your interpretation.

The offense was bad because it had no QB. The defense was bad for a lot of reasons - being worn out being one very legitimate one.

I'm sorry if you couldn't see - by watching the games; not by looking at statistics - that this entire team, generally speaking, was terrible. The only exception being the running backs and the offensive line.

No. I used the Bills' terrible TOP as one explanation as to why the defense was gassed every game.

Miami did more (i.e. scored) in a shorter period of time.

The Bills had the best running game in football (that eats the clock), yet still couldn't score when it counted. They couldn't sustain a drive ... when it counted. They couldn't rely on the QB to convert a 3rd down when behind, because they were obvious passing downs.

But yeah ... we'll go with your interpretation.

The offense was bad because it had no QB. The defense was bad for a lot of reasons - being worn out being one very legitimate one.

I'm sorry if you couldn't see - by watching the games; not by looking at statistics - that this entire team, generally speaking, was terrible. The only exception being the running backs and the offensive line.

How was the defense gassed up 24-9? Or up 17-6?Or up with a minute to go?

How was the defense gassed up 24-9? Or up 17-6?Or up with a minute to go?

Again ... I'm not saying the offense's inability to stay on the field was THE reason the Bills lost 9 games last year. I'm saying it contributed to the entire team sucking.

Finger pointing at one unit of the team is dumb. It's really that simple.

As a bills fan I respect his misinformed opinion.... :)

lol.

Again ... I'm not saying the offense's inability to stay on the field was THE reason the Bills lost 9 games last year. I'm saying it contributed to the entire team sucking.

The defense was the main problem. And poor game day coaching. That is why the Ryans are gone.The defense/ST cost the second Miami game.

18 teams had a TOP of 29-30 minutes.

lol.

The defense was the main problem. And poor game day coaching. That is why the Ryans are gone.The defense/ST cost the second Miami game.

You're right. We were "that close" to another .500 season. Disregard everything I've stated prior to this post, please. This was a great team that was held down by a terrible defense. This year is going to be a lot different, I tell ya.

You're right. We were "that close" to another .500 season. Disregard everything I've stated prior to this post, please. This was a great team that was held down by a terrible defense. This year is going to be a lot different, I tell ya.

TT plays that last game, I say the Bills win. The team gave up. 9 wins was right there.

Strong defense, strong running game, a QB to manage the offense without turning the ball over. this was the formula. Guess which one failed.

TT plays that last game, I say the Bills win. The team gave up. 9 wins was right there.

Strong defense, strong running game, a QB to manage the offense without turning the ball over. this was the formula. Guess which one failed.

Wow.

You put JFH to shame. (John, I mean that in the most loving way)

Congratulations. I can't even continue this conversation. That is a feat.

Wow.

That's because you can't answer.

Wow.

And John from Hemet is a very polite, knowledgeable poster. You could learn something from him.

Anger?

I don't see any anger in my post at all, I also stated I wish him luck this season. I do see that I posted my opinion and I did post how I'm not in favor of these threads being repeated over and over again but sorry man no anger. If anything I see anger from others posting on my opinion because these few don't like any type of negative on Tyrod which is why these Tyrod threads are so worthless.

Oh teef I used to have such respect for your post, I enjoyed them and always respected your comments but oh how times have changed, your in with a bad crowd and it's showing.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Sigh, I've read the thread here and there. It's almost unreadable really but I pop in every now and again to see what petty arguments are happening.

And perhaps you should re-read what he wrote. His point about ToP was about how it contributed to our poor defense. It's not the end all be all and you cherry picking and clinging to Miami's ToP doesn't discredit what he said.

Edited by Bangarang

What about Miami's ranking in TOP at 27? And the Bills were 7-8. That last game they quit.

Re-read what he said.

He felt the TOP had some effect on the defense. How good was Miami's defense with the TOP?

Overall the Bills were 7-8 going into the last game as a team. The offense, the defense, the special teams, and coaching all shoulder the blame.

Each unit throughout the year had games they could of won for the team and games they lost for the team. At the end of the year all three units were part of the failure - the only part that was pretty consistent was the running game. The passing attack, the defense, and the kicking game all needed to be better to win.

Was TT the sole reason they did not make the playoffs- of course not, but he is also not Scott free in the reason. He shoulders his own part of the action by leading the 30th rated passing attack and averaging only 1 TD throw a game. The coaches shoulder a lot of the burden for throwing out an ill prepared team the lacked discipline game in and game out. The defense shoulder a fair amount for not getting stops and turnovers when needed. The special teams had terrible play from both kicking units and missed kicks at critical times throughout the year.

No sir...they would not have been

but if they had been just a little better....that top 10 in points offense might have aided them into a playoff birth

Or the top 16 in yards offense might have ... not.

And again, points is a stat that has a major team component, based on the fact that defense and STs can actually score points and beyond that also have a huge effect on field position which is huge in terms of impact on scoring.

Yards far better isolates the offensive unit itself. And we were 16th.

The defense had an average drive start in the 23rd best field position in the league, while the offense got the ball in the 11th best average position of drive start. The offense (and STs) hurt the defense and the defense (and STs) helped the offense in terms of field position.

In any case, nobody should argue in any way that our run offense was truly excellent. Not much of the rest of the way the Bills played ball was worth much in 2016. The defense was worse. But overall neither the offense nor the STs had much to be proud of. Beyond the run offense, anyway.

Edited by Thurman#1

Why are you guys replying to a guy who is fixated on 1 game when we have an entire season of games to review?

Miami Miami Miami

Or EJ sucks who BTW had no impact on the 2016 season.

He's as irrelevant as Crusher and Jeffsmagic

The Caped Crusader leader of the CoT

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Why are you guys replying to a guy who is fixated on 1 game when we have an entire season of games to review?

Miami Miami Miami

Or EJ sucks who BTW had no impact on the 2016 season.

He's as irrelevant as Crusher and Jeffsmagic

The Caped Crusader leader of the CoT

For me why I focus on Miami so much is (at least in hindsight) the most important game of the drought since the Steelers game in 2004 (or whatever year it was). The Bills were a playoff team if Rex and his brother didn't screw it up. They screwed it up.

Yes, people can point to other games too but if doing so the Miami game has to factor double because that was spinning the tiebreaker as well. If they hold the lead for the last minute, they would have beaten the Jets the next week and been in the playoffs.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

For me why I focus on Miami so much is (at least in hindsight) the most important game of the drought since the Steelers game in 2004 (or whatever year it was). The Bills were a playoff team if Rex and his brother didn't screw it up. They screwed it up.

Yes, people can point to other games too but if doing so the Miami game has to factor double because that was spinning the tiebreaker as well. If they hold the lead for the last minute, they would have beaten the Jets the next week and been in the playoffs.

Don't bother. It's hopeless with a few on here.

The Falcons would be Super Bowl champions if they didn't blow it. All these what ifs amount to nothing and the results are what they are.

This is what this group wants everyone to think, it's all on the D and coaching. The group that is wanting more from the Bills can see it's more then that. It's like talking to the wall. Thousands of threads started and discussed pointing to that but this group refuses to see anything other then your exact post, Tyrod is a franchise worthy QB and it's all the D and coaching at fault. SMH.

I applaud your post but you are not the only poster that has tried to talk to these few. BBMB got trashed on these type of threads repeated on a daily bases and these few are continuing the crusade over here. Watch how you post against this group the one poster in these few got in big trouble for his private messages he sent when discussing this on BBMB.

The team failed but Tyrod was a crucial part of the reason why this team failed, it's a QB driven league so he is a big part, it's not the only part but he is part of the problem regardless of how many threads this group starts that they try to prop him up and place him in the same group of the NFL greats of the game.

I'm a diehard Bills fan and want more from my team, the entire team.

The Falcons would be Super Bowl champions if they didn't blow it. All these what ifs amount to nothing and the results are what they are.

Wrong. It points to the fact that the defense was the main problem, along with game day coaching in 2016. This is why the Ryans are gone. If Atlanta had run the ball, they would have won. They'll learn from that in the future. It matters.

I didn't say anything other than answer the question as to why people focus on Miami. They focus on Miami because it was a HUGE game.

You know JM over 17 years of what ifs might have a little to do with it.

McD is the key...

He is. I like him, but let's see it come out to something positive on Sundays. Game day coaching in itself is very important. We've seen what happens when it's bad the last two seasons.

I didn't say anything other than answer the question as to why people focus on Miami. They focus on Miami because it was a HUGE game.

That one minute change the course of the season and some careers.