New data shows Tyrod/the offense was better than you thought

He is. I like him, but let's see it come out to something positive on Sundays. Game day coaching in itself is very important. We've seen what happens when it's bad the last two seasons.

What happens on game day is a reflection of what happens in practices, spring training, preseason and every working minute leading up to the 1st game of the season in my humble opinion. A Pats/ BB football team is next to impossible to beat because they're prepared for anything.

Buffalo hasn't been coached properly since the days of Marv Levy.

McD is the key...

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens on game day is a reflection of what happens in practices, spring training, preseason and every working minute leading up to the 1st game of the season in my humble opinion. A Pats/ BB football team is next to impossible to beat because they're prepared for anything.

Buffalo hasn't been coached properly since the days of Marv Levy.

McD is the key...

I liked Phillips. I think he gets a bad rap from the fans and doesn't deserve it.

Wrong. It points to the fact that the defense was the main problem, along with game day coaching in 2016. This is why the Ryans are gone. If Atlanta had run the ball, they would have won. They'll learn from that in the future. It matters.

Does it ever stop? :wallbash:

Wrong. It points to the fact that the defense was the main problem, along with game day coaching in 2016. This is why the Ryans are gone.

What am I wrong about exactly? Are you just arguing a point I never made?

If Atlanta had run the ball, they would have won. They'll learn from that in the future. It matters.

You know this how? Oh right, you don't.

I kind of think everyone knows that if they had run the ball, NE would have run out of time. Was kind of a big topic after the SB. Kind of was.

No, it doesn't from the few. The defense was the main problem.

I really do think two seperate game plans, one for the 1st half, one for the 2nd half is what it takes to beat BB because the Pats half time adjustments are what championships are made out of in my humble opinion.

Edited by Figster

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/14/bills-2016-defensive-autopsy-rex-ryan/

"Ryan had a disappointing first season in Buffalo, when the Bills defense fell from fourth to 19th in total yards allowed and first to 31st in sacks. Ryan followed that up in 2016 with another 19th ranking before being fired with one game to play. The offense ranked higher than the defense in both yards and points per game in each of Ryan’s seasons in Buffalo.

"It’s the same thing every week," linebacker Lorenzo Alexander said after the Dec. 4 loss to Oakland. "At the end of the day, we have to go out and put four quarters together. That’s something we haven’t done all year. So we have to, at some point, ‘do’ instead of talking about why we haven’t.”

But the Bills never did that. They lost seven of their final 10 games to finish 7-9, missing the playoffs for the 17th consecutive season. They lost six games when scoring at least 24 points, the most in the league, and Ryan was fired.

More often that not, Ryan had his defense to blame."

Kirby

Every winning team is what we should focus on.

Sure Miami is a team we should beat. But it's 2 of 16.

I can focus on single games too.

Like the collapse against KC in 15 and the collapse against the Raiders in 16.

Both were needed to help secure a legit challenge for the WC spot in their respective seasons.

Squeezing wins against the dregs is also telling.

He isnt wrong here sir.

Kirby

Both were needed to help secure a legit challenge for the WC spot in their respective seasons.

Actually...I hope they are focusing on the teams that are not winning as well

Hate to have those as losses on the bills record when they are trying to get into the playoffs.

My philosophy is beat the teams you SHOULD be and try to find a way to win the games that you probably should not.

Of course you wont win them all....the Patriot games are gonna be mega tough

He isnt wrong here sir.

Actually...I hope they are focusing on the teams that are not winning as well

Hate to have those as losses on the bills record when they are trying to get into the playoffs.

My philosophy is beat the teams you SHOULD be and try to find a way to win the games that you probably should not.

Of course you wont win them all....the Patriot games are gonna be mega tough

The first step to becoming a consistent winner is beating the teams you are supposed to beat. Then to take the next step you need to start getting some upsets against teams you aren't supposed to beat. Once you get those upsets with some regularity those teams become teams you are supposed to beat and the cycle repeats.

Kirby

When we look back at the 2004 season how often do we discuss the Jags, Raiders and Jets games that we lost by a combined 8 points? We sure talk an awful lot about that Steelers game. That was Miami last year. The Bills had a game won that would have likey sent them to the playoffs. Instead they are home.

I could even argue, and will, that the Miami game was of greater importance than the other 2016 games because of its impact on the tiebreakers. As it turns out, if the Bills didn't blow the lead with 1:20 to go they would have been in a win and your in scenario. That game had greater significance because of all of that.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I kind of think everyone knows that if they had run the ball, NE would have run out of time. Was kind of a big topic after the SB. Kind of was.

Again, does it ever stop? :wallbash:

The first step to becoming a consistent winner is beating the teams you are supposed to beat. Then to take the next step you need to start getting some upsets against teams you aren't supposed to beat. Once you get those upsets with some regularity those teams become teams you are supposed to beat and the cycle repeats.

I agree with this^

Post 411. It doesn't stop-you don't let facts get in your way I guess.

"Ryan had a disappointing first season in Buffalo, when the Bills defense fell from fourth to 19th in total yards allowed and first to 31st in sacks. Ryan followed that up in 2016 with another 19th ranking before being fired with one game to play. The offense ranked higher than the defense in both yards and points per game in each of Ryan’s seasons in Buffalo.

"It’s the same thing every week," linebacker Lorenzo Alexander said after the Dec. 4 loss to Oakland. "At the end of the day, we have to go out and put four quarters together. That’s something we haven’t done all year. So we have to, at some point, ‘do’ instead of talking about why we haven’t.”

But the Bills never did that. They lost seven of their final 10 games to finish 7-9, missing the playoffs for the 17th consecutive season. They lost six games when scoring at least 24 points, the most in the league, and Ryan was fired.

Wow, you're a special CoTer. :wallbash:

"Ryan had a disappointing first season in Buffalo, when the Bills defense fell from fourth to 19th in total yards allowed and first to 31st in sacks. Ryan followed that up in 2016 with another 19th ranking before being fired with one game to play. The offense ranked higher than the defense in both yards and points per game in each of Ryans seasons in Buffalo.

"Its the same thing every week," linebacker Lorenzo Alexander said after the Dec. 4 loss to Oakland. "At the end of the day, we have to go out and put four quarters together. Thats something we havent done all year. So we have to, at some point, do instead of talking about why we havent.

Dude, we get it. The defense was a problem last year. You keep repeating yourself over and over and over.

My memory may be mistaken, but I recall Atlanta's problem as not getting as much pressure on Brady in the second half as they did in the first.

Wow, you're a special CoTer. :wallbash:

I should be the one banging my head with this post. Don't let facts get in your way. You are wrong.

My memory may be mistaken, but I recall Atlanta's problem as not getting as much pressure on Brady in the second half as they did in the first.

If they had run the ball, time would have run out for NE.

Dude, we get it. The defense was a problem last year. You keep repeating yourself over and over and over.

the thing is, the guy he's directing his posts towards really doesnt "get it" i dont think.

but i agree there's no reason to keep repeating it. peoples minds are made up. personally, after reading his posts recently, i'd rather go beat my head on a brick wall for a couple hours rather than try and discuss anything with old school...... so i think the parties involved just need to move on.

Let's all get along and agree that the defense sucked and Taylor needs to be a better passer.

Cuz we all know how great the run game is.

100%.... i just believe one unit had much more to do with extending the drought than the other. regardless both points there are valid

http://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/06/abandoning-the-run-cost-the-falcons-a-super-bowl-win/

"More than anything else, Atlanta lost because it abandoned the run. "

And? Your constant need to argue and try to prove everyone wrong is sad.

You're trying to prove something that's impossible to prove and yet here you are posting useless articles.

It's arguing objectively with subjective topics.

Disagree. The main topic after that game was why Atlanta did not keep running the ball, which they were having great success with.The general thought was that NE would have run out of time. Which having watched the game, they would have. No sack. Time keeps running. Kick the FG. game over.

And? Your constant need to argue and try to prove everyone wrong is sad.

You're trying to prove something that's impossible to prove and yet here you are posting useless articles.

It's not really that hard to prove. Run the ball kick the FG, game over. that sack changed the whole game.

Edited by JM2009

The passing offense was arguably as bad if not worse than any facet of the defense.

We are talking about an offense that attempted the fewest passes in the league because the rushing attack was the most efficient in the league vs. a Defense that allowed 3 200+ yard rushers, right?

Don't know if you're a fan of DVOA or not, but:

Rushing O: 1st

Passing O: 19th

Rush D: 30th

Pass D: 21st

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Are you just being dense on purpose at this point? You do understand what the word prove means right?

The percentage that Atlanta wins the game after kicking the FG are very high. That whole week the big question was why didn't Atlanta just run the ball. I'm sure after the game, your friends, family etc. said the same thing. If you actually didn't say the same thing, I don't know what to say. really don't. Or do you act this way in real conversations. hope not. But there is always one.

Disagree. The main topic after that game was why Atlanta did not keep running the ball, which they were having great success with.The general thought was that NE would have run out of time. Which having watched the game, they would have. No sack. Time keeps running. Kick the FG. game over.

It's not really that hard to prove. Run the ball kick the FG, game over. that sack changed the whole game.

JM...it's hard sometimes to have legit conversations with you because you really are incredibly stubborn.

Why the Falcons lost is more than just not running it at the end. Yes they should of and stupid not to but it's a game that had well over 100 plays. This is why it is a subjective topic.

Key plays were also:

- Freeman not picking up the blitz and Hightower sacking and stripping Ryan. This is where the momentum changed.

- Edelmans unbelievable catch.

- NE coverts both 2 pt conversions

- Falcons only scoring once in the 2nd half

- Falcons had 6 possessions in the 2nd half. 4 punts and 1 fumble were the results of 5 of the drives.

- Falcons straight up falling apart on defense.

This is a subjective topic whether or not you want to agree.

Are you just being dense on purpose at this point? You do understand what the word prove means right?

Sure do. Myself and other posters put up quite a bit of proof to posters like Old School that post misinformed statements over and over and over again themselves. yet you are silent on that type of "over and over".

The percentage that Atlanta wins the game after kicking the FG are very high. That whole week the big question was why didn't Atlanta just run the ball. I'm sure after the game, your friends, family etc. said the same thing. If you actually didn't say the same thing, I don't know what to say. really don't. Or do you act this way in real conversations. hope not. But there is always one.

Not running the ball at the end was one reason, not the only reason.

I live in Atlanta and yes people were asking why the Falcons stopped running the ball but they were also asking what happened to the offense in the 2nd half and also why couldn't the defense couldn't stop Brady after the 2nd quarter. When you're up by 25 at any point, one series shouldn't break the game for you.

If you think the NFL is about one seriesI don't know what to say.

JM...it's hard sometimes to have legit conversations with you because you really are incredibly stubborn.

Why the Falcons lost is more than just not running it at the end. Yes they should of and stupid not to but it's a game that had well over 100 plays. This is why it is a subjective topic.

Key plays were also:

- Freeman not picking up the blitz and Hightower sacking and stripping Ryan. This is where the momentum changed.

- Edelmans unbelievable catch.

- NE coverts both 2 pt conversions

- Falcons only scoring once in the 2nd half

- Falcons had 6 possessions in the 2nd half. 4 punts and 1 fumble were the results of 5 of the drives.

- Falcons straight up falling apart on defense.

This is a subjective topic whether or not you want to agree.

There was only 3 minutes left after that sack. running the ball and kicking the FG makes the game pretty much out of reach. this was the big topic all week.

Not running the ball at the end was one reason, not the only reason.

I live in Atlanta and yes people were asking why the Falcons stopped running the ball but they were also asking what happened to the offense in the 2nd half and also why couldn't the defense couldn't stop Brady after the 2nd quarter. When you're up by 25 at any point, one series shouldn't break the game for you.

If you think the NFL is about one seriesI don't know what to say.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/02/super_bowl_2017_patriots_falcons_crazy_finish_poli.html

"They had Super Bowl LI in their grasp, the ball deep in New England territory with the clock on their side late in the fourth quarter. They were an easy field goal away from a two-score lead that almost certainly, even with Tom Brady on the other side of the field, would have been enough to win this game."