Who is your surprise cut?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd love to send him to atlanta. the more i think about it they may be able to get back and they need help defensively.

kyle may be the only buffalo bill i'd ever do this for besides fred jackson, but i'd trade him to new england just to win one.

That'd be nice (okay, maybe not with NE). I'd love to see Kyle go out on top though.

Every year we end up with someone getting released that we maybe didn't expect. I'll throw 2 names out there: Adolphus Washington and Colton Schmidt. The previous staff seemed to sour on Washington and Schmidt had a bad year. Those are 2 guys that I think are possibilities. Who ya got?

Ready for this?

Hodges Jr, he still hasn't beaten out Humber, haven't heard of him running with the first team at all.

I can see one of the CB's like Wright or Charles or Corey Brown.

Schmitty wouldn't be a huge shocker, we got the #1 punter in the draft.

Ready for this?

Hodges Jr, he still hasn't beaten out Humber, haven't heard of him running with the first team at all.

Hodges would shock me....he fits this D perfectly....

Seeing Cardale Jones cut wouldn't be the least bit surprising. The fact that fans don't even know how to spell his name points to that.

Yeah, though many still don't know how to spell Ruben Brown's name either. I just call him CJones.

I would say Clay is unlikely since we would be incredibly thin at TE and it would be a $4.5 million dead cap hit.

$13.5 mill, according to Spotrac. Too high to cut him except in case of a massive meltdown of some sort.

I think clay is a surprise cut. Would cost us an 4.5 mil on this years cap but save a 9 mil cap hit next year.

It would cost us $4.5 mill this year AND $9 mill next year, all dead money. Total $13.5 mill.

Next year it would only save us his salary, $4.5 mill.

It would cost us $4.5 mill this year AND $9 mill next year, all dead money. Total $13.5 mill.

Next year it would only save us his salary, $4.5 mill.

The $4.5m saving would be in 2017 I think. His cap hit is $9m per year for the next 3 years. That is broken down into $4.5m per year salary, $2m a year in signing bonus, $2.5m a year in the restructure bonus. All of that signing bonus and restructure bonus money is DEAD because the reality is in cash terms he has already received it - it is simply spread out in the way we account for it against the cap.

So if we cut him now we save his $4.5 salary in 2017, but count the $4.5 signing and restructure bonus. In 2018 he would still cost us $9m. We would save his $4.5m 2018 salary but not only his $4.5m 2018 signing and restructure bonus would count on the 2018 cap, but his $4.5m 2019 signing and restructure bonus would too.

Have I mentioned how much I hate the Clay contract? Worst thing that happened on Whaley's watch by far in my opinion.

EDIT: I don't see any way he is not on the team in 2017 and 2018 and I see no way that he IS on the team in 2019.

Edited by GunnerBill

Ready for this?

Still? It's only June