So....Eric Decker? Signs w/ Titans

KDIGGZ

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so buffalo made decker an offer? I was unaware of that. seemed more like it had to do with

he and his wife (maclins wife made his decision for him as well) living there then anything else.

as for a trend. yeah, you seem to be keeping that taylor agenda trend going strong,

no doubt...

"Maclin's wife made the decision."

Some of you folks are shameless.

Bills didn't give Decker an offer.

Citation needed. Or is this like the "Maclin's wife made the decision," story telling?

Citation needed. Or is this like the "Maclin's wife made the decision," story telling?

I'm sorry but how are we supposed to cite something that was never a story? The Bills didn't have Decker in for a visit and there were no reports of them making an offer or even holding an interest. That is the citation. Otherwise you are asking us to prove a negative.

For what it is worth I agree that Quarterback was likely a factor in Maclin's decision. It wasn't a factor in Decker's cos the Bills were never in on Decker. I think they are happy to stand pat with their WR options... they just thought Maclin was too good not to try for.

Edited by GunnerBill

I'm sorry but how are we supposed to cite something that was never a story? The Bills didn't have Decker in for a visit and there were no reports of them making an offer or even holding an interest. That is the citation. Otherwise you are asking us to prove a negative.

For what it is worth I agree that Quarterback was likely a factor in Maclin's decision. It wasn't a factor in Decker's cos the Bills were never in on Decker. I think they are happy to stand pat with their WR options... they just thought Maclin was too good not to try for.

If you can't prove a negative, then don't state it as if you can.

If you can't prove a negative, then don't state it as if you can.

No the burden in this situation is on you to prove your assertion that the Bills made an offer for Decker and he chose to go and play with a better Quarterback. There is absolutely no evidence that backs up that statement.

EDIT: And anyone paying attention to my posts this offseason knows I am certainly not trying to "prop up" Tyrod Taylor. I just think let's have this debate on the facts. There is absolutely nothing indicating that the Bills made an offer for Decker.

Edited by GunnerBill

No the burden in this situation is on you to prove your assertion that the Bills made an offer for Decker and he chose to go and play with a better Quarterback. There is absolutely no evidence that backs up that statement.

EDIT: And anyone paying attention to my posts this offseason knows I am certainly not trying to "prop up" Tyrod Taylor. I just think let's have this debate on the facts. There is absolutely nothing indicating that the Bills made an offer for Decker.

There's nothing indicating we didn't.

Bottom line is that we don't know for sure if they did or not.

I'm sure they put out feelers. Due diligence.

There's nothing indicating we didn't.

Bottom line is that we don't know for sure if they did or not.

I'm sure they put out feelers. Due diligence.

The lack of ANY reports, even from Twitter ITKs let alone reputable sources, indicates we didn't. I'm 99% sure they had zero interest in Decker.

"Maclin's wife made the decision."

Some of you folks are shameless.

story telling is you making it up, with zero sources saying the bills made decker any offers. which, they did not.

shameless, I'll have to share that one at the dinner table tonight...

his only confirmed visit has been in Tennessee.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-nfl-free-agency-2017/2017/6/16/15816308/buffalo-bills-eric-decker-jeremy-maclin-sammy-watkins

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Agreed. Maclin was a borderline #1 who can stretch vertically and would be one of the better #2's in the league, with the potential to also work in the slot.

Decker and Zay are fairly close in role IMHO.

Any luck on Barnidge?

Not looking good on Barnidge. They are really, really far apart. I'd say less than 5% at this point. Unless the Bills up their offer (a lot) he's going to be suiting up elsewhere.

@ESPNNFL

The New York Jets are releasing WR Eric Decker after failing to agree to a trade that made sense for the team. http://es.pn/2rc1Foq

What the heck Jets? You have 25 mill in cap space. Did not make sense? You could have asked for a 7th round draft pick or a swap,(conditional to team being worse then them) position in any round. All it would have then done is accelerate an extra 1.5 mill cap hit to this year and open up cap space next year when you need it for the rebuild post-tank. Why do a post June cut to spread out the cap hit? You need the space next year not this tank year.

And people think Bills FO is dumb. Jets do not make sense and are stupid.

Edited by cba fan

We went through the numbers and you were wrong.

That's fake news. About 1/2 of the top receivers play with the top 1/2 of the QBs. You were complaining about drawing the line at 16 (which would be "average"). We can dig it up if you'd like. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/194244-jeremy-maclin-agrees-to-2-year-deal-with-ravens/?p=4408747

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Some of us actually lift weights and NFL players might be scared

Lololololololol. This guy is a hoot.

Dan Carpenter would make him tap out.

Agreed.

People that think like this get knocked out in clubs by NFL players. Yes of course if you are a boxer/weightlifter there may be some who can tangle with a 24 yr old physical specimen NFL player in his health prime who lifts everyday and cardios all day for a living and excels in hand to hand combat with guys 50% of the time bigger and stronger than him. Just not very likely.

Edited by cba fan