TJ Yeldon

He had a reasonable rookie year, a very bad 2nd year... but he has been running behind one of if not the worst line in the league. Not sure I'd trade anything for him (other than maybe a player on the bubble for us in a position where we have better depth - Patrick Lewis maybe?) but if he becomes a FA we should definitely have a look.

Ya know, in Alabama he played behind the best OL I have ever seen in college football. Life was pretty easy for TJ but as I said, he did everything pretty well including seeing and anticipating holes.

I would love to see him sign with us as long as we don't have to give up a lot.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jags are stacked with good young depth. If Bortles can cut his INTs in half, they're a playoff team. Which sucks because Saint Doug will be credited for the turnaround.

Ehh...if only things were that simple

The Jags are stacked with good young depth. If Bortles can cut his INTs in half, they're a playoff team. Which sucks because Saint Doug will be credited for the turnaround.

Well, he cut them by 2 last year so Doug is already performing miracles! Someone get Nate Hackett a head coaching job!

The Jags will struggle to stay out of the basement in that division. They have some talent but probably the worst qb.

100% agree, but I don't think Doug is that bad a coach.

Great motivator, not the best Xs and Os coach.

They will be improved. I'd say anywhere between 7 to 10 wins for the Jags.

How is he a great motivator? He seems like most boring human being alive.

He "won" 9 games with a stacked defense carrying them and his next biggest accomplishment was winning the Pinstripe Bowl.

He "won" 9 games with a stacked defense carrying them and his next biggest accomplishment was winning the Pinstripe Bowl.

9 games, (coulda been 10 if it weren't for that Oakland debacle)... with a QB they grabbed at the end of camp.

If Doug Marrone would've gotten the $$$ and job security he asked for, this drought would've ended. I'd be willing to bet the Pegulas regret replacing him with Rex. Wasted 2 years.

I'd take him over williams

Williams is a pretty big question mark, as is Yeldon (even though we saw more of him, that line for the Jags is bad news).

I've got a feeling we're gonna see how great our OL truly is at run blocking. Gilly will end up buried on the depth chart in NE and J.Will or whoever ends up backing Shady will excel.

I liked Gilly, has great speed but I would've done the same thing the Bills had done.

9 games, (coulda been 10 if it weren't for that Oakland debacle)... with a QB they grabbed at the end of camp.

If Doug Marrone would've gotten the $$$ and job security he asked for, this drought would've ended. I'd be willing to bet the Pegulas regret replacing him with Rex. Wasted 2 years.

Coulda been 8 wins if NE cared about the last game.

His specialty, offense, sucked. We won because of Schwartz and the defense. Marrone was along for the ride and that's why he didn't get a head coaching job for 2 years.

I feel bad for the 3 Jags fans.

His specialty, offense, sucked. We won because of Schwartz and the defense. Marrone was along for the ride and that's why he didn't get a head coaching job for 2 years.

What I liked about Marrone was his no nonsense personality and approach. The defense was definitely the highlight and A part of that was discipline. I can't even imagine what it was like in the locker room after he left and Rex came in. Prolly a damn vacation. I don't throw hate around very often... but I HATE the Ryan Bros.

@andy_benoit

Hope T.J. Yeldon doesnt get lost in the mix with Fournette aboard. Yeldon great feet for his build, solid pass-blocker.

T.J. Yeldons numbers not great, but in right situation he could be a 1,200-yd RB for someone.

Guess so far Yeldon has been a 1,200-yd RB for #Jaguars..over 2 yrs, unfortunately. Better player than his numbers suggest.

That's more than Rex Ryan could do.

His offense had very little talent. No Incognito, no Shady, no run game, EJ under center for 4 games.

Winning 9 games in a season EJ played 4 is an absolute miracle.

Fun fact, Marrone was the only Bills coach that EJ won a game playing for.

Edited by jmc12290

That's more than Rex Ryan could do.

His offense had very little talent. No Incognito, no Shady, no run game, EJ under center for 4 games.

Winning 9 games in a season EJ played 4 is an absolute miracle.

Fun fact, Marrone was the only Bills coach that EJ won a game playing for.

What would have happened if Marrone had stayed? The focus of the 2015 offseason would still have been offense.... and especially finding a Quarterback.... might we have got involved on Bradford who went from St Louis to Philly? I doubt Shady, Clay or Incognito end up here..... but we would have had money to spend.

What would have happened if Marrone had stayed? The focus of the 2015 offseason would still have been offense.... and especially finding a Quarterback.... might we have got involved on Bradford who went from St Louis to Philly? I doubt Shady, Clay or Incognito end up here..... but we would have had money to spend.

I'm not sure why we think Shady wouldn't end up here. We got contacted about the trade and I doubt Marrone was married to Kiko. Whaley had already shown to disregard his HC when it came to acquiring playmakers.

The only question mark would've been QB. TT may have still been signed. TT + Shady + 2014 defense would've meant playoffs. IMO.

I'm not sure why we think Shady wouldn't end up here. We got contacted about the trade and I doubt Marrone was married to Kiko. Whaley had already shown to disregard his HC when it came to acquiring playmakers.

The only question mark would've been QB. TT may have still been signed. TT + Shady + 2014 defense would've meant playoffs. IMO.

Cos with Marrone it was his way or the high way and Shady is too much of an individual personality.

EDIT: and let me be clear I wanted Marrone to stay, I was gutted when he quit. Ruined my NYE.

Edited by GunnerBill

Cos with Marrone it was his way or the high way and Shady is too much of an individual personality.

EDIT: and let me be clear I wanted Marrone to stay, I was gutted when he quit. Ruined my NYE.

Hiring Rex set this franchise back a few years. He actually took apart one of the league's best defenses. That is hard to do when the same guys are there!!