Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They can and do when it's certain that a goal was scored. 

I knew they could review and put time back on the clock, but had no idea they could call down and halt play.

I think the NHL has implemented replay better than the NFL. This was a surprising example for me.

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Leaner claims predetermined bias against Buffalo, cites the review of the Benjamin catch versus NE and says it's "a Buffalo thing."

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/21895972/robin-lehner-says-officials-robbed-sabres-loss-everything-predetermined-us

Wow!

It's kinda crazy what happens to BFLo.  Where was The League and their rules for NoGoal in 1999.

How do they know where puck is mitt... Angle of view... Etc...  Game was moving forward, moot point... Dangerous tech territory we are entering.  NHL has always been bush league.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Anybody een to any games yet? Hading down this afternoon and tonight  and was hoping to scalp tickets for each game. My fear is SO FEW tickets were even sold, may be no one down there selling. Very few tickets on stubhub for tonights game.

Yes, I have been to a few.

I remember some sleazebags looking for tickets/selling tickets.  

18 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Yes, I have been to a few.

I remember some sleazebags looking for tickets/selling tickets.  

why do you call people who scalp sleazebags? 

I grew up scalping, liked it way better than the fee-driven craziness we have today. The pros in front of the Aud and Rich provided a much-needed service, and as a broke tennager in the 70's and 80's, I very much appreciated being to get cheap seats last minute before a game.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

why do you call people who scalp sleazebags? 

I grew up scalping, liked it way better than the fee-driven craziness we have today. The pros in front of the Aud and Rich provided a much-needed service, and as a broke tennager in the 70's and 80's, I very much appreciated being to get cheap seats last minute before a game.

When I'm walking to games with my kid, I despise people stepping in our path asking if we 'have any tickets'.

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

When I'm walking to games with my kid, I despise people stepping in our path asking if we 'have any tickets'.

gotcha, never bothers me..maybe I am just a lot older and that was a staple of game day that I used a lot, and still do. May also be I am an urban dude, and people asking me for money, food etc just never bothers me.

Funny story, in the 2012-2013 lockout year, son and i went to the Caps-Sabres game. Tickets were nuts as all the pent up demand and this was the 3rd game back. Told him unless we got reasonable seats, we were not going in. He was embarrassed as hell by me walking around the exterior block around the Verizon center asking  "whos got extras". He just wanted to go home and forget the game and forget I was his Dad.

Long story, after an hour and no luck, guy tugged on my shirt and asked if we were going to use the tickets..and I was like 100% . He GAVE us two club seats,absolutely free and said he loved seeing a son and father together and looking for tickets the old fashioned way, especially in DC, as he and his dad used to scalp as well!!!

Son loves to scalp now, finds it a challenge!

Have plenty of other stories about being ale to afford going to games that otherwise could not, and see the pros performing a valuable service. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Beneath Casey Mittelstadt’s reserved off-ice persona burns a quiet intensity that has thrust the American forward into the spotlight of the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship and fueled his development into one of hockey’s most electrifying young prospects.

It does not take long to see that Mittelstadt oozes playmaking ability. His capacity to drive the puck into the slot and other high-danger areas of the ice is complimented by quick, soft hands and a natural knack for finding the back of the net—all of which was on display as he netted a brace in a dynamic World Juniors debut in Team USA’s 9-0 win over Denmark on Tuesday.

“He was doing the right things and we all saw his stickhandling ability,” U.S. head coach Bob Motzko said. “That was a great start for Casey. For a skill guy, there is nothing like scoring a few goals to feel like you’re in the tournament.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bbb said:

So, can/will he be playing for the Sabres next year? 

If he decides to go one and done like Eichel, yes, we can sign him and have him try to make the team and assign him to Rachacha if he doesn’t.  Depends on what he wants to do and whether or not JBot thinks he is better served by another year in college or not. 

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If he decides to go one and done like Eichel, yes, we can sign him and have him try to make the team and assign him to Rachacha if he doesn’t.  Depends on what he wants to do and whether or not JBot thinks he is better served by another year in college or not. 

Yeah, I guess I should have asked if the experts think he is on that level yet? 

2 hours ago, bbb said:

Yeah, I guess I should have asked if the experts think he is on that level yet? 

I’m not sure the experts would know, either, at this stage. It’s so hard to tell with hockey players, imo. As long as I see him dominate the level he’s at, I’ll continue to believe he’s that next can’t miss prospect. Right up until I believe he isn’t. I’m looking at you, Samson Reinhart.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Will the Sabres be interested in playing at the Rock against a hot Devils team after a bad loss and with the WC coming up?

The downside of Devils rise is that I can't score cheap tix at the Rock anymore.