Bills kicking tires on a 1 year deal for Fred Jackson...FWIW

I realize that. Make the event happen once he's "officially" done. Maybe he realizes that if he sits out again this season after finding no takes in 2016. He's on no team's radar AFAIK.

They might do that. The Pegulas haven't had a prominent Bills player retire under their ownership, so who knows what they'll do.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fred jackson is one of my all time favorites. the man has a serious fire. i know he is nearing the end, but...

what if freddy signs on for just one more year? what if he has enough left to give a few great effort runs, catches, and key blocks this year? what if the return of fred ex inspires some of our vets to give one last, great push? what if the passion for the game ignites a fire in the youngsters? what if his presence gives some of the emotionally unbalanced and dellusionally optimistic fans a little something extra to cheer for? what if...we win the whole...effing...thing?

I love this posting

Why would the new regime bring him back? He has no ties to the new coaching staff or the GM. Not gonna happen. Onward!

Hasn't even been contacted by the team with OTAs now done even as a contingency RB. Give up the teary eyed nostalgia.

the connection is with us.

You are a cold cold person 26.

even if you are Mr Spock logical B-)

...envision a "Fred Ex Day" at The Hat unveiling his addition to the WOF....is there a bonafide list of qualifiers?..is it stats only?.....or does it embody the player on or off the field?...do we even know?....have fellow Coe College guy Marv pull the rope on the tarp.....empty seat or dry eye?...um right............

i like you.

Marv would be the icing

They might do that. The Pegulas haven't had a prominent Bills player retire under their ownership, so who knows what they'll do.

Terry likes a good cry though. fits the model.

Get ur dun

I love this posting

the connection is with us.

You are a cold cold person 26.

even if you are Mr Spock logical B-)

i like you.

Marv would be the icing

Terry likes a good cry though. fits the model.

Get ur dun

Affirmative....Live long and prosper. :beer:

This.

I want him to retire a Bill no matter if he sees the field or not.

I am admittedly a Huge Homer Fan of his

i've never really understood the significance of someone signing the 1 day contracts or whatever to retire with a certain team. Does anyone ever really think about what team these players retired with well after the fact?

...envision a "Fred Ex Day" at The Hat unveiling his addition to the WOF....is there a bonafide list of qualifiers?..is it stats only?.....or does it embody the player on or off the field?...do we even know?....have fellow Coe College guy Marv pull the rope on the tarp.....empty seat or dry eye?...um right............

whats the hat?

we making a hat for him at the ralph?

Fred is one of my favorite all time Bills, and not that it's his fault, but his locker room leadership didn't get us in the playoffs. It takes more than locker room talk.

And I hate to say it but Tolbert already took the job of past his prime veteran that can lead... but Tolbert has ties to this staff. Jackson was a warrior, but he's not a viable NFL player at this point