NYJ Release LB David Harris; Signed by New England

Not sure what the Jets are doing here.

Obviously planning a tank, but not sure why the GM and Head coach are ok with this unless the owner Woody Johnson gave them his word they'll be here for at least this year and next.

I would think a 2 to 4 win season would mean house cleaning, even if planned.

Shedding salary to roll over into 2018 and tanking for a top pick in 2018. They'll have a ton of free space from fronting some cap charges into 2017, and will roll over another big chunk.

They'll remake the team in FA, and/or trade Richardson for something.

They do have a ton of needs though...

QB - assume this is covered with the tank

RB - probably plug another vet in here

WR - should be a good crop of free agent WRs, and one of theirs might turn out to be something

TE - Nothing at this position at the moment

CB - Nothing at this position really

S - Adams.. and not much else

OLB - more of the same...

They add a top 3-5 pick and they get their QB. I would see

They do have a ton of needs though...

QB - assume this is covered with the tank

RB - probably plug another vet in here

WR - should be a good crop of free agent WRs, and one of theirs might turn out to be something

TE - Nothing at this position at the moment

CB - Nothing at this position really

S - Adams.. and not much else

OLB - more of the same...

They add a top 3-5 pick and they get their QB. I would see

Re: WR, Enunwa has really impressed IMHO

Exactly. Except that Lorax actually produced last year. And there is no reason to have 2 old men running around out there.

Sticking with Lorax was the smart move, even if theyre both old.

I wasn't arguing that the Bills should have persued Harris, just that his signing can't be diminished because of his age. I'm sure he has lost a step but he did call the plays for the Jets D and brings a veteran presence to a young LB group. Hightower gets banged up quite a bit and Harris is an ideal signing seeing it's almost July.

the rich get richer

a perfect signing for the pats

it's remarkable how much they improved on last years super bowl champions team.

gronkowski, gilmore, david harris, brandin cooks, mike gilislee, TE dewayne allen, kony ealy

Don't forget all the bandwagon fans joining!

And well they had gronk last year but he does not count right? Does it count if he gets injured again?

Worried about what?

Patriots will be in cruise control all season. Chalk up two losses automatically(unless they clinch everything by week 16).

Well at least you will be happy even if it is not with the Bills.

Don't forget all the bandwagon fans joining!

And well they had gronk last year but he does not count right? Does it count if he gets injured again?

Well at least you will be happy even if it is not with the Bills.

You do understand the difference between thinking a team will be dominating versus rooting for that team right ?.....I hate them but I think they are going to be even better that last year.....

Edited by Iron Maiden

This is too much like Golden State in the NBA. It really ruins the structure and integrity of the league. Not sure what to say beyond that, I hate that the NFL is going further and further down this path.

Veterans have always taken lesser deals to win. In this case the league isn't to blame as much as it is the Jets. They screwed over Harris by releasing him so late and cost him the prime FA period where he had more leverage.

Crap move by a crap organization. Harris has been their captain and missed something like 1 game in the past 8 seasons.

Worried about what?

Patriots will be in cruise control all season. Chalk up two losses automatically(unless they clinch everything by week 16).

pffft

The Pats are going all in while Brady is still upright. Bills are not in the same position; they need to build something sustainable.

I think this is nearly just arrogance. I hold Harris in high regard, but he is a role player now. Great vet to mentor and teach, and still get quality snaps.

And yes i did want him here when going to a 3-4 type of base. He can still hit.

Going to be hard for me to hate him. Even though now that he is a Patsy. arrggh.

But i must loathe and despise him..grrrrr

I still agree with what the Jets are doing. Tank this season. Draft number one and get your QB.

they will draft the wrong one again.

It really is not that hard to win in the AFC East i don't suppose. 3 Franchises have mostly been idiotic the last decade

Veterans have always taken lesser deals to win. In this case the league isn't to blame as much as it is the Jets. They screwed over Harris by releasing him so late and cost him the prime FA period where he had more leverage.

Crap move by a crap organization. Harris has been their captain and missed something like 1 game in the past 8 seasons.

very bad look for them for sure.

very bad

Imagine playing this season for them?

Get off the field healthy

and

Get the paycheck.

This is too much like Golden State in the NBA. It really ruins the structure and integrity of the league. Not sure what to say beyond that, I hate that the NFL is going further and further down this path.

Besides Brady and Gronk, they don't really have superstars......I don't see the similarity with Golden State.....The NFL is designed for parity...NE is just an anomaly....that has now lasted for 17 years....