James Comey's Testimony Before Congress

THERE GOES THE NARRATIVE:

Plus:

You can be asked to do something without feeling pressured. I can ask you to stop posting biased right-wing links, but that doesn't mean you feel pressured to comply.

They wouldn't answer the simple question; "were you asked?".

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can be asked to do something without feeling pressured. I can ask you to stop posting biased right-wing links, but that doesn't mean you feel pressured to comply.

Presidential "questions" are usually not free of pressure. To extend your analogy: if SDS asked him, he might feel pressured.

grasping20at20straws.jpg?resize=532%2C72

Presidential "questions" are usually not free of pressure. To extend your analogy: if SDS asked him, he might feel pressured.

Feeling pressure is an emotional response not a legal excuse to not answer. There was no claim of executive privilege.

grasping20at20straws.jpg?resize=532%2C72

Unlike Trump, I don't need visuals to understand your feeling of desperation as you grasp at straws to defend Trump.

Feeling pressure is an emotional response not a legal excuse to not answer. There was no claim of executive privilege.

Unlike Trump, I don't need visuals to understand your feeling of desperation as you grasp at straws to defend Trump.

#emotions?

Get your safe space you little kitty

Law Professor: I don’t see obstruction of justice in Comey’s testimony.

Related: Comey’s prepared testimony: Trump is correct, I told him he wasn’t under investigation;

UPDATE: Jim Comey Backs Up Trump’s Story, But It’s Not All Good News for Trump.

Plus: “If Dems hadn’t wildly overplayed the notion that Trump colluded with Russia in 2016, Comey testimony would hurt him. They did. So it won’t.”

Also: James Comey’s Latest Statement Is An Indictment Of Comey, Not Trump.

While it’s clear that Comey and his allies believe the statement is proof that President Donald Trump acted inappropriately, and perhaps even illegally, the statement itself is a much bigger indictment of Comey’s own behavior over the last six months. Not only does Comey’s statement corroborate Trump’s claim that the former FBI director told him three times that the president was not being investigated by the FBI, it also reveals the Beltway game Comey was playing with the investigation.

In his statement, as my colleague Mollie Hemingway noted earlier today, Comey acknowledges the accuracy of Trump’s claim — included in the letter announcing Comey’s firing — that Comey had on three separate occasions informed Trump that he was not being investigated by the FBI. The corroboration of the claim by Comey himself is by far the most newsworthy nugget from the lengthy statement. But several other claims from Comey also do far more to indict Comey than they do to implicate Trump.

The most damning aspect of Comey’s prepared testimony is his admission that he deliberately refused to inform the public that Trump was not being personally investigated by the FBI. Comey’s justification for this refusal to publicly disclose material facts — that those facts might change — is laughable, especially in light of Comey’s 2016 two-step regarding the investigation of Hillary Clinton.

Edited by B-Man

This is just stall tactics by the left. Once this crap is put to bed, Hillary and her phony foundation can be properly targeted. Then Lois Lerner, Loretta Lynch, Humma-dummada, and Valerie Jarrett and Eric Holder, and on, and on, and on, and on...

Nothing burger. Whats funny these are the same guys that were calling for his head a few months ago lol. How about investigating Barrys hot mike comment with the Russian ambassador?

Couldn't possibly care less about anything that happens in this.

Which is sad because I have a large Poli-Sci background and am easily amused by the tomfoolery and flummery that goes on in the real world no matter who wins and loses.

He is?

I've heard no such thing.

?

Are you objecting to the word "pressure?"

How else would you read the president calling 1v1 meetings, asking him to shut down the investigations, clearing the room to make such requests, etc.

You think Trump wasn't applying pressure? Trump said he fired Comey in part for the investigation.

Come on. You can only be so partisan not to see the president acted very badly here.

?

Are you objecting to the word "pressure?"

How else would you read the president calling 1v1 meetings, asking him to shut down the investigations, clearing the room to make such requests, etc.

You think Trump wasn't applying pressure? Trump said he fired Comey in part for the investigation.

Come on. You can only be so partisan not to see the president acted very badly

Honestly, you're the partisan here. You're a rock-turner. You've bought the Democratic line, and there's no convincing you otherwise.

If you think he behaved any differently than any other president would have, you're a fool.

Honestly, you're the partisan here. You're a rock-turner. You've bought the Democratic line, and there's no convincing you otherwise.

If you think he behaved any differently than any other president would have, you're a fool.

How do people let themselves get brainwashed into taking a party line like that person does.

Do they see a dimes worth of difference between the parties, honestly?

How do people let themselves get brainwashed into taking a party line like that person does.

Do they see a dimes worth of difference between the parties, honestly?

He's just a Trump-hater.

I don't like the man, but I can appreciate the level of bull **** he's faced since election.

He's just a Trump-hater.

I don't like the man, but I can appreciate the level of bull **** he's faced since election.

The flip-side of this is that, if Obama did this, you'd explode over it.

Trump acted badly. Whether or not he acted criminally is an open question - and likely will be for a long time, as it's a "he said, he said" ripe with partisan cherry-picking. And the Democrats are acting like a special needs' class on a sugar rush, yes. But none of that should mask or excuse the fact that Trump acted badly.

Haven't been able to watch, but I'm following on Twitter, and so far all I've seen is that Comey admitted that he leaked a memo, and that everything else the media has been reporting on as it relates to Trump and Russia is completely false.

You'd think the left would get tired of so many letdowns.

But hey...y'know...Hillary 2020! #I'mwithherbecauseshewon'tgoaway

Haven't been able to watch, but I'm following on Twitter, and so far all I've seen is that Comey admitted that he leaked a memo, and that everything else the media has been reporting on as it relates to Trump and Russia is completely false.

You'd think the left would get tired of so many letdowns.

But hey...y'know...Hillary 2020! #I'mwithherbecauseshewon'tgoaway

What I've gotten is he (or someone he told) leaked those three things Rubio grilled him on. The media, for whatever reason, ran with only two of the three. Of course the two of the three that would hurt Trump and not the one that was "good" for Trump. Or did he (or someone he told) only leak those two things? The only reason that's all I've gotten so far is that's really all I've listened to.