Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

They don't trust the qb enough to get him the ball more. Sammy was visible frustrated when he came back from injury.

I guess it is a new offense so we will see if they throw more because imo that is the way you win in today's NFL. But I don't think the old coaches saw Tyrod looking like Rodgers and held him back in games.

Who is 'they' exactly?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't trust the qb enough to get him the ball more. Sammy was visible frustrated when he came back from injury.

I guess it is a new offense so we will see if they throw more because imo that is the way you win in today's NFL. But I don't think the old coaches saw Tyrod looking like Rodgers and held him back in games.

You don't really believe that do you? They were rolling up yards and points.

I think that the pass attempts move to about 35 a game (where they were in Denver). The Bills offense is WAY better than people here give it credit for. They haven't been the problem the last 2 years despite what some here believe. They lost 6 games last year scoring 24+ points. The rest of the AFC playoff teams combined lost 5 such games.

It wasn't an issue the last 2 years either (except when EJ had to play).

I believe the coaching staff trusted Taylor to protect the football , but I'm not sure how confident they were about Taylor winning games with his arm at crunch time. (because he didn't)

Edited by Figster

Of course!

Fun Fact: Jesse actually lasted longer than Applegate's second attempt starring in a network sitcom (also on NBC) Up All Night with Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph.

I can't even remember Up All Night.

Was it better than The New Adventures of Old Christine? I gave it a shot because I love Julia Louis Dreyfus but ughh....bad.

Veep is good though.

Such as?

It's June and the Bills have $12 million in cap room.

I'm not here to spend the Bills' money...I entertain myself watching the machinations of all the would-be capologists posting in the forum.

We already know Pegula isn't interested in "saving" money, and I operate under the presumption that the new front office has a plan to make the best use of that money. In the very recent past I believe the Bills threw $$ at what they hoped would be quick fixes; I now believe there are competent, thoughtful people in place who take a longer view.

Sammy would be a 1,500 yard receiver with Flacco and the Bills would be a playoff team.

Flacco isn't great but he would be good enough to put us over the top.

Not sure why you guys have so much trouble grasping this, but there is no QB on the planet that could have gotten Sammy 1500 yards. Why? Because he wasn't on the field.

And if Flacco, with Steve Smith Sr. and Mike Wallace (neither of whom even sniffed 1500 yards), couldn't get to the playoffs with a top ten defense, what in the world makes you think he could do it with a bottom ten defense and a bunch of practice squad receivers?

I would say 1,000+ yards in that dynamic Rams passing attack would classify as "good veteran receiver."

2 years ago Maclin went to play with Alex Smith, Royal went to play with Cutler, Bowe went to play with Manziel, Torrey Smith with Kaep, and Britt with Foles. Those were the 1,2,4,6, and 9th highest wide receiver contracts signed that year. Do you want me to keep going or do you just want to take the "L" and backtrack?

And Marshall went to NYG, Sanu Atlanta, Marvin Jones Detroit, Boldin Detroit, Desean Jackson TB, Maclin Baltimore, Jeffrey Philly, Patterson Oakland, Wallace Baltimore, Johnson Tennessee, LaFell Cincy, Benajmin SD.

Those were all in the last two years off the top of my head.

Looking it up, 9/10 of the highest WR contracts given to UFA in 2016 were on teams with franchise QB's. 9 out of the top 9 in fact. You gonna tell me that's a coincidence? Can you explain why the best WR Buffalo ever got in FA was the corpse of TO almost a decade ago?

Let's talk about 2014. 13 out of the top 15 UFA WR's signed in 2014 went to franchise QB's. 10 out of the top 11. The only one who didn't in the top 10 was Decker, who got the biggest payday. Woah.

You were saying about the "L?"

Edited by jmc12290