Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm told the Bills made one final offer to Maclin this afternoon, then it was announced "shortly after" he would be signing with the Ravens.

Probably low balled him even more so than they did previously.

Edited by Captain Murica

Crazy talk, why would Flacco need receivers if he is a franchise QB? I hear Walt Powell and Brandon Tate were constantly open all year, stupid Ravens management is spending money on a useless position.

lol I get what you're saying. Once again, we will have a weak WR group as a whole.

Or maybe the Bills low balled him.

Maybe overpaying a bit would've been a good approach.

That's my thought, if Josina Anderson is saying they were never really in the running, which would have come from Shady, they weren't offering enough and probably were only offering a 1-year contract.

Ultimately for the Bills, he wasn't in their future plans.

That's my thought, if Josina Anderson is saying they were never really in the running, which would have come from Shady, they weren't offering enough and probably were only offering a 1-year contract.

Ultimately for the Bills, he wasn't in their future plans.

No, it tells me that the wife wanted to be closer to the Baltimore area.

No, it tells me that the wife wanted to be closer to the Baltimore area.

Really?

According to Sal, Maclin gave the Bills a chance to counter this afternoon. I think the fact that he didn't sign in Buffalo is definitely about the money if he let the Bills counter.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Do we know that McD and Beane really wanted him?

McD said he wanted players like Jeremy Maclin on his team. didn't neccessarily say he really wanted the actual player, just players like him.

my original thought last week was that Shady got him to Buffalo on a visit. Buffalo was mildly interested (at the right price) and threw him a lowball offer. then the news came out that Beane was lowballing veterans and it was borderline disrespectful. the Maclin to Buffalo rumors were driven mostly by the fans and media who saw the Shady tweets and thought we actually had a chance. meanwhile, Maclin's camp was using Buffalo's perceived interest to negotiate with Baltimore. i don't think we were ever really IN IT at all