Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard on NFL Network...

Maclin Cancelled Visit with Baltimore today and is negotiating contract with Buffalo now

But you can structure that 3 year to make it more meaningful for him

I'm F5ing harder than Ive ever F5ed before.

Thanks for the thoughtful responses.

My complaint about Buffalo is the lack of diversity when it comes to food. In California, for example, you don't go to a 'Chinese' restaurant. You go to a Szechuan (spicy!), Taiwanese, Hakka, Cantonese or whatever restaurant. Same with Mexican - many restaurants have regional orientations - Oaxacan (mole!) or whatever - and are often quite authentic. In my experience, Latin and Asian food in Buffalo tends to be generic and Americanized.

In bigger cities you can find virtually any cuisine. In the past couple years here in Seattle I've eaten Eritrean, Malaysian, Goan (very different than other Indian), Filipino, Peruvian, Tibetan, Russian, Guamese, and Colombian food at local restaurants - just to name a few. And these restaurants provide interesting menu choices: beetles that smell like flowers from Vietnam, brain tacos, spicy Szechuan chicken feet, marinated beef tendons, Cambodian boiled fertile duck egg, and so on. The menu diversity in major West Coast cities is immense.

But I only visit Buffalo once every 3 or 4 years so I don't the city as well as I could. And I do grant that the pizza and wings in Buffalo are excellent.

So - to tie this up - I hope Maclin likes pizza and wings.

Buffalo boasts Burmese food that is some of the best I've ever had.

My complaint about Buffalo is the lack of diversity when it comes to food. In California, for example, you don't go to a 'Chinese' restaurant. You go to a Szechuan (spicy!), Taiwanese, Hakka, Cantonese or whatever restaurant. Same with Mexican - many restaurants have regional orientations - Oaxacan (mole!) or whatever - and are often quite authentic. In my experience, Latin and Asian food in Buffalo tends to be generic and Americanized.

In bigger cities you can find virtually any cuisine. In the past couple years here in Seattle I've eaten Eritrean, Malaysian, Goan (very different than other Indian), Filipino, Peruvian, Tibetan, Russian, Guamese, and Colombian food at local restaurants - just to name a few. And these restaurants provide interesting menu choices: beetles that smell like flowers from Vietnam, brain tacos, spicy Szechuan chicken feet, marinated beef tendons, Cambodian boiled fertile duck egg, and so on. The menu diversity in major West Coast cities is immense.

But I only visit Buffalo once every 3 or 4 years so I don't the city as well as I could. And I do grant that the pizza and wings in Buffalo are excellent.

Yeah...it's just a different approach to food. Restaurants out that way need to compete and have new, fresh ideas on food. Whereas Buffalo restaurants (old style ones) are more comfort food with long standing traditions. Both are great depending on what you're looking for.

My complaint about Buffalo is the lack of diversity when it comes to food...

Totally agree. If you dont want pizza, fried, or polish (pork/potatoes/kraut) then you're often out of luck.

We're finally starting to get some real-ish Mexican, but it's still not there.

Totally agree. If you dont want pizza, fried, or polish (pork/potatoes/kraut) then you're often out of luck.

Guys, the best thing about Buffalo is it's 90 minute drive to Toronto :D. You can get world class food of every ethnicity here.

Edited by CanadianFan

Oh I don't know. I think the downtown Renaissance has brought a lot of new things. Allen Street Poutine and Hofbrauhaus are a couple that are coming soon or are already here.

Oh I don't know. I think the downtown Renaissance has brought a lot of new things. Allen Street Poutine and Hofbrauhaus are a couple that are coming soon or are already here.

It's picking up and on the right track. Still a ways to go. I'm patiently waiting, and trying all the new stuff.