Bills Trivia

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Fitzpatrick to Terrell Owens, 98 yards in Jacksonville.

Andre Reed 83 yards. <edit> I'm wrong, I looked it up but won't spoil.

Without looking, name the 6 QBs who attempted a pass for the Bills during the illustrious 1984 and 1985 seasons.

I can only guess three - Joe Ferguson, Vince Ferragamo, Joe Dufek; maybe Frank Reich?

I believe Kelly's longest was 84 yards and it came really early in his NFL career but I can't remember the receiver. It wasn't Reed or Lofton.

84 yards is correct. Not Reed or Lofton.

Al Edwards maybe?

Nope

Sort of a trivia question.

Nobody will get this one:

My mother in-law was a RN @ Mercy Hospital. O.J Simpson checked in under a pseudonym. Can anybody say/guess what that last name was?

HINT: Think of the the products O.J. pitched back in the day.

Maybe I am making it too easy. But just:

"Mr. _______"

Will do. I am not sure what the first name of the pseudonym was anyway. :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I think Bruce Mathison played then, maybe Matt Kofler?

Ferguson, Kofler, Dufek, Ferragamo, Mathison, Reich. Those are the six.

Sort of a trivia question.

Nobody will get this one:

My mother in-law was a RN @ Mercy Hospital. O.J Simpson checked in under a pseudonym. Can anybody say/guess what that last name was?

HINT: Think of the the products O.J. pitched back in the day.

Maybe I am making it too easy. But just:

"Mr. _______"

Will do. I am not sure what the first name of the pseudonym was anyway. :-)

Hertz?

Ferguson, Kofler, Dufek, Ferragamo, Mathison, Reich. Those are the six.

Hertz?

Nope. I knew that was gonna be the first.

I was going to say: "Mr *****" just to throw you guys off, but that would have been mean, so I used the underscore key for last name.

HINT: On the right path, one of his endorsed products. ;-)

Which is kinda of a trivia challenge in itself. What products did O.J. endorse?

We got:

1. Hertz

I was going to say: "Mr *****" just to throw you guys off, but that would have been mean, so I used the underscore key for last name.

We got:

1. Hertz

Schick

Schick

LoL... Nope.

That would have been a good one.

HINT: Probably/may give it away here. Little more obvious to who he was and a cheeky twist among the staff @ Mercy (the hospital). :-)

Oh... Google all you want if it helps! :-)

We got:

1. Hertz

Mr Grant

Mr Foster

Mr. Grant Foster

Or Mr. Foster Grant

Edited by Guffalo

100+ yards... I know it was in the 1970s.

I want to say Mario Clark or Tony Greene?

Tony Greene is correct!

101 yards against the KC Chiefs in 1976

tony greene's was called back as i recall.. against miami.. 102 yds

That one was, but he had a 101 yard return against KC Chiefs

Tony Greene is correct!

101 yards against the KC Chiefs in 1976

That one was, but he had a 101 yard return against KC Chiefs

Correct, he broke the record of Tom Janik who picked off Joe Willie in 1968 for a 100 yard return! Tony Greene grabbed one against Miami in 1974 and returned 107 yards but called back for holding! Awesome return though, worth watching if it is on you tube!

tony greene's was called back as i recall.. against miami.. 102 yds

Correct, he broke the record of Tom Janik who picked off Joe Willie in 1968 for a 100 yard return! Tony Greene grabbed one against Miami in 1974 and returned 107 yards but called back for holding! Awesome return though, worth watching if it is on you tube!

Yep. I believe it was actually 105 yards. Cost the Bills that game, too...and the division title. The damn "0 for the '70s" never would have been. :wallbash::censored:

I was at that game. Our only victory of the season was beating the eventual SB Champs. Namath threw 3 Pick-6's in the game, IIRC.

John Elway?

I'm positive you're correct as it was his 1st game and he showed Superstar form from gitgo. They (Broncos) were the defending Conference Champs. THIS was the game I knew the pieces were nearly in place. We lost Bell to get Biscuit, but drafted some guy out of OSU the following Spring.. And the rest -as they say..

I'm positive you're correct as it was his 1st game and he showed Superstar form from gitgo. They (Broncos) were the defending Conference Champs. THIS was the game I knew the pieces were nearly in place. We lost Bell to get Biscuit, but drafted some guy out of OSU the following Spring.. And the rest -as they say..

1987 was the year I knew we were on track; great story about Tally and Bennett walking off the field after the last game disappointed about not making the playoffs. Tally stated nest year they would be in the playoffs and be competitive for many years to come.

1987 was the year I knew we were on track; great story about Tally and Bennett walking off the field after the last game disappointed about not making the playoffs. Tally stated nest year they would be in the playoffs and be competitive for many years to come.

Bennett was phenominal in that last game in 1987. He was all over the field and recorded close to 20 tackles.

Bennett was phenominal in that last game in 1987. He was all over the field and recorded close to 20 tackles.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The 1987 games against Miami - the comeback in the Orange Bowl and the shut spanking in Buffalo were therapy; you knew it was a new team!!

I suppose its time I ask a question. In a game against the Joe Namath and the New York Jets, the Bills accomplished something that hasn't been done since. Can you name it...

Three interceptions for TD's, one called back for a penalty?

In a game that saw Namath complete only 2 of 18 passes, the Bills were the last NFL team to go an entire game without completing a forward pass.

My best memory, I gave my tickets to my parents who got soaked in what some have called the hurricane game.

Ah, great post, I remember this! Preston you are awesome and a Bills historian!