Bills Trivia

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....what NFL RB was drafted by the Bills in the 1st round out of ND and was elected to the Pro Bowl in his rookie year after having a 1,100 rushing yards and a seven touchdown season...his best year was in 1988 after he left Buffalo......

....what NFL RB was drafted by the Bills in the 1st round out of ND and was elected to the Pro Bowl in his rookie year after having a 1,100 rushing yards and a seven touchdown season...his best year was in 1988 after he left Buffalo......

Sounds like Greg Bell

Wide receiver out of Arkansas, drafted the same year his teammate at Arkansas, Bobby Burnett ? pretty decent college player.. so so in the AFL..

Bobby Crockett!

The 1968 and 1969 Buffalo Bills started the season openers with very unique offensive backfields, I am pretty sure it is unmatched in NFL history! Can you name it?

Bobby Crockett had a pretty good rookie year but suffered serious back injury in a 1967 pre-season game and never recovered. During the 1969 road game against Kansas City he made several clutch receptions while taking some vicious hits from the great KC defense, some captured by NFL films. He was injured again and never returned. Same as Bobby Burnett, rookie of the year in 1966 then suffered season ending injuries in 1967 never to regain form. My greatest memory of Bobby Crockett is in the 1966 Playoff game against the Chiefs, buffalo down 14 - 7 but driving. Jack Kemp throws to Bobby Crockett who appears alone in the end zone, but Johnny Robinson steps in front of him and intercepts returning it 72 yards, KC gets a FG and takes control 17 - 7. Immediately after the interception with Crockett in pursuit, Bobby Bell creams him with a block. I had an end zone seat and first hand view of the action.

1968 starting offensive backfield: Dan Darraugh QB; Ben Gregory FB; Max Anderson HB - all rookies

1969 starting offensive backfield: Jim Harris QB; Bill Enyart FB; OJ Simpson HB - all rookies

Two years in a row Buffalo goes with all rookie backfields, new players each year!

1968 starting offensive backfield: Dan Darraugh QB; Ben Gregory FB; Max Anderson HB - all rookies

1969 starting offensive backfield: Jim Harris QB; Bill Enyart FB; OJ Simpson HB - all rookies

Two years in a row Buffalo goes with all rookie backfields, new players each year!

BTW, Ben Gregory was a great FB, big, fast, could block, and catch the ball; another career cut short by knee injury! Had some great runs in the 1968 win against the Jets!

You sure Harris and Enyart started in 1969? I thought Kemp and Patrick started before giving way to Harris and "Earthquake"

You sure Harris and Enyart started in 1969? I thought Kemp and Patrick started before giving way to Harris and "Earthquake"

Nope, I was in attendance; Kemp came in relief and almost led a comeback. Jimmy Harris had a tough day as did OJ; Enyart caught a TD pass from Kemp; and the Superbowl Jets received a standing O in the Rockpile!

Nope, I was in attendance; Kemp came in relief and almost led a comeback. Jimmy Harris had a tough day as did OJ; Enyart caught a TD pass from Kemp; and the Superbowl Jets received a standing O in the Rockpile!

I'll defer to you. I remember sitting in end zone later when Enyart missed a block on kick off and OJ ripped apart his knee as a result.

Poz

This position boasts the most members of the Wall of Fame?

guard

qb and receiver for the loggest td pass in Bills history? (apologies if this has already been asked, didn't look through 14 pages)

Edited by Steve O

guard

qb and receiver for the loggest td pass in Bills history? (apologies if this has already been asked, didn't look through 14 pages)

Ryan Fitzpatrick to Terrell Owens in Jax

How about the 2nd-longest TD pass in Bills history?

guard

Ha ha, is there anything more "Billsy" than offensive guard being the most prominent position on the Wall of Fame? Wait until Ruben Brown goes up there!!

Bobby Crockett had a pretty good rookie year but suffered serious back injury in a 1967 pre-season game and never recovered. During the 1969 road game against Kansas City he made several clutch receptions while taking some vicious hits from the great KC defense, some captured by NFL films. He was injured again and never returned. Same as Bobby Burnett, rookie of the year in 1966 then suffered season ending injuries in 1967 never to regain form. My greatest memory of Bobby Crockett is in the 1966 Playoff game against the Chiefs, buffalo down 14 - 7 but driving. Jack Kemp throws to Bobby Crockett who appears alone in the end zone, but Johnny Robinson steps in front of him and intercepts returning it 72 yards, KC gets a FG and takes control 17 - 7. Immediately after the interception with Crockett in pursuit, Bobby Bell creams him with a block. I had an end zone seat and first hand view of the action.

remember that play well..

remember that play well..

Little did I know of the many years of Bills agony I would live through for the next twenty - years! I really thought the Chiefs win was pure luck and we would win it all next year! From an AFL perspective, the Bills dominance of the AFL during the 64 - 65 seasons was based on the NFL model, dominant defense and strong running game. The Chiefs truly took the league into the new era, speed (Otis Taylor/Mike Garrett) and the shifting offense of Hank Stram! Think of the legendary battles between the Chiefs and Raiders - long balls and the vertical game and the innovation of the offenses that followed.

...what QB/WR tandem hooked up for two TD passes of identical length in the same game, the yardage which happened to be the WR's uni number?...............

Losman to Evans @Texans?

if it is correct

What Bills defensive rookie player intercepted two passes both returned for TDs?

good show bro...... :thumbsup:....two 83 yarders to #83 in same game....what are the odds?........

Losmas had a terrific arm, those bombs to Evans were the only good thing that offense had to offer.

guard

Ryan Fitzpatrick to Terrell Owens, 98 yards in Jacksonville.

Jim Kelly's longest TD pass and to which receiver?

No Googly! lol

Andre Reed 83 yards. <edit> I'm wrong, I looked it up but won't spoil.

Without looking, name the 6 QBs who attempted a pass for the Bills during the illustrious 1984 and 1985 seasons.

Edited by That's No Moon