Class

You guys wouldn't know a classy broad if she took a dump on your head.

the classy ones won't do it right on your head. they dump on a glass table while you're underneath watching.

Edited by teef

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Boyst,

You make some good points and I agree that what's considered classy is changing. But I do think there are some things that are timeless (but less common these days):

Restraint

Humility

Congratulating someone for doing well

Self awareness

Sincerity

It's been awhile since we met, I think it was at the 2015 TBDHOT. Funny, I don't recall you being drunk, I'd call it "hospitable". As I recall you were discussing the pros and cons of Tinder with my kids. Even got my wife to try some of your 'shine.

tindwr with your kids? Hahahahahaha I was drunk! That's gold right there.

Oh. And thats when I had real moonshine. I had to buy some and fortifiy it with some store stuff last hear. Don't tell anyone. I've already started 2017:s batch, though.

Edited by Boyst62

When I think the the word "Class" the first thing that pops into my head "do unto others as you would wish to do unto yourself"

The problem is....how do you judge yourself when it comes to this....when I was driving into work this morning I was listening to a morning radio station and they have this segment when someone doesnt understand why they go on a date with someone else and never hear from them again and they get them both on the radio.

in this morning's segment it was a female who never heard from a guy.....she played it up big time like she was the victim here because he didnt call her back......had the radio show people won over

......but there was just something about the females voice....her words....her tone when she was talking and responding to questions.

So they get the guy on.....and as it turns out WHILE THEY WERE ORDERING DRINKS AND TALKING......the female was texting a friend about how unhot the guy was and calling him fat.

That somehow ended up getting back to the guy.....who didnt say anything to anyone about it but never called her back......as it turns out what the female was REALLY upset about is she thought she was too good not to be called back and asked for a 2nd date......the whole thing blew up in her face as the radio people turned on her and she hung up.

Class......do unto others as would would want done unto you.

tindwr with your kids? Hahahahahaha I was drunk! That's gold right there.

Yea fortunately they're in their upper teens and 20s so....we still get a chuckle out of that. All part of Bills gameday fun. Edited by BillnutinHouston

When I think the the word "Class" the first thing that pops into my head "do unto others as you would wish to do unto yourself"

The problem is....how do you judge yourself when it comes to this....when I was driving into work this morning I was listening to a morning radio station and they have this segment when someone doesnt understand why they go on a date with someone else and never hear from them again and they get them both on the radio.

in this morning's segment it was a female who never heard from a guy.....she played it up big time like she was the victim here because he didnt call her back......had the radio show people won over

......but there was just something about the females voice....her words....her tone when she was talking and responding to questions.

So they get the guy on.....and as it turns out WHILE THEY WERE ORDERING DRINKS AND TALKING......the female was texting a friend about how unhot the guy was and calling him fat.

That somehow ended up getting back to the guy.....who didnt say anything to anyone about it but never called her back......as it turns out what the female was REALLY upset about is she thought she was too good not to be called back and asked for a 2nd date......the whole thing blew up in her face as the radio people turned on her and she hung up.

Class......do unto others as would would want done unto you.

The golden rule of course. I live by the Platinum Rule. Treat others as THEY wish to be treated. We don't ask enough questions about people to really learn about them and what they like. Luckily it's part of what I do for a living and it's found its way into my personal life.

For the old people that complain about it, are they watching reality TV and basing their idea of young society on that?

There's tons of class today. Same as before. Probably more, actually. After all, the young people have been raised by the old people who are complaining. The ones that complain may be doing so because they failed to instill class in their own children. I don't know.

I get triggered when old people complain about pointless things in regards to "young people these days." As I get older, I hope to not be that guy.

I'd have a hard time defining classy, but I think this fits the bill:

Last year my 11 year olds baseball team was playing a travel team that was older and light years better than us and also highly arrogant including taunting our guys.

Our pitcher was having a rough inning. He started out walking everyone and then when he started getting the ball over the plate they were crushing the ball.

At one point there was a play at the plate, the pitcher covered and ended up falling on top of the runner. The runner got up and tried to kick him.

A few batters later the pitcher hit a batter. When the batter got to first the pitcher called time out, walked over to first to let the kid know it was an accident and give him an "I'm sorry:" high five. Classy.

Yea fortunately they're in their upper teens and 20s so....we still get a chuckle out of that. All part of Bills gameday fun.

I had thought so. I normally would know better than to tell 12 yr olds that. I remember your wife and you, as well. Not your kids, oddly.

I remember I was buzzed one year passing a football with someone. No idea who. Made them do pushups for each drop.

For the old people that complain about it, are they watching reality TV and basing their idea of young society on that?

There's tons of class today. Same as before. Probably more, actually. After all, the young people have been raised by the old people who are complaining. The ones that complain may be doing so because they failed to instill class in their own children. I don't know.

I get triggered when old people complain about pointless things in regards to "young people these days." As I get older, I hope to not be that guy.

I'm one of those old guys that sees every day the utter lack of class and manners in the kids today. And I absolutely blame my peers for doing a terrible job raising their children. I am 100% blameless seeing I have no kids. :D

I'm one of those old guys that sees every day the utter lack of class and manners in the kids today. And I absolutely blame my peers for doing a terrible job raising their children. I am 100% blameless seeing I have no kids. :D

100% to blame - no kids to provide good examples.

i was holding a seminar/class today and noticed something about class. it used to be you'd have your phone on silent or turn it off completely, if you even brought it with you. now, it's left on. the whole fear of missing out (fomo) keeps us from leaving our phone too far away. especially in the youth. one of the younger guys in his 20's answered the phone quietly (he was in the back of the room) and told the person he could not talk right now they'd have to call him back.

that really struck me. if he didn't answer wouldn't they get the point? i've had people call me and i have not answered and they call me back about 5 minutes later. if i didn't answer then it was a text.

so i thought about it. the inverse. his reasoning to tell the person on the other end might be courteous to them and come off well; though, i have never understood why anyone would answer the phone just to say it was not a good time to talk! he was not at all aware of how he came off in the peer group. it was astounding.

I had thought so. I normally would know better than to tell 12 yr olds that. I remember your wife and you, as well. Not your kids, oddly.

I remember I was buzzed one year passing a football with someone. No idea who. Made them do pushups for each drop.

i remember showing it to Rosen and letting him play on my tinder. he had a blast.

i was holding a seminar/class today and noticed something about class. it used to be you'd have your phone on silent or turn it off completely, if you even brought it with you. now, it's left on. the whole fear of missing out (fomo) keeps us from leaving our phone too far away. especially in the youth. one of the younger guys in his 20's answered the phone quietly (he was in the back of the room) and told the person he could not talk right now they'd have to call him back.

that really struck me. if he didn't answer wouldn't they get the point? i've had people call me and i have not answered and they call me back about 5 minutes later. if i didn't answer then it was a text.

so i thought about it. the inverse. his reasoning to tell the person on the other end might be courteous to them and come off well; though, i have never understood why anyone would answer the phone just to say it was not a good time to talk! he was not at all aware of how he came off in the peer group. it was astounding.

i remember showing it to Rosen and letting him play on my tinder. he had a blast.

There's a bizarre attitude nowadays to prioritize the person calling on the phone, who could easily leave a message, over the person right in front of you. I always thought that was very rude.

But then, there's a bizarre attitude nowadays that if you don't answer your phone immediately when someone calls you, you're being rude. I get that a lot - people seem to believe that I just sit and watch the phone waiting for them to call.

I just hate people.

There's a bizarre attitude nowadays to prioritize the person calling on the phone, who could easily leave a message, over the person right in front of you. I always thought that was very rude.

But then, there's a bizarre attitude nowadays that if you don't answer your phone immediately when someone calls you, you're being rude. I get that a lot - people seem to believe that I just sit and watch the phone waiting for them to call.

I just hate people.

is that why you never answer my calls?

i figured you just like my caller ID ring tone of Rebekah Black - Friday.

[[my ringtone for all callers is MmmBop - it makes me smile]]

Thanks for not contributing to the overpopulation of our planet. That's classy in and of itself. :beer:

someone will always be offended by something you do. There's no point in trying to be perfect

3658036.jpg

/dev must have forgot the "Law of Syllogism" & must have just been "gisming." /dev, you have to lay off that, you'll go blind or grow hair on your palms. (Definately NOT classy)

Let me refresh You on the non-gratuitious side of the logical expression. (Classy)

S=Snowflakes

B=Offended by what others do

D=Deplorables

S=B

B=D

S=D

:-) ;-P

Thanks for not contributing to the overpopulation of our planet. That's classy in and of itself. :beer:

I have a very good friend who has no children either. I told her on Mother's Day there should be a day for us seeing we've not contributed to the number one problem this planet faced today.