PFF:Taylor undervalued QB.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod hater's worst nightmare is him having a playoff-caliber season.

This really makes no sense. Why would someone who doesn't think Tyrod is good enough be upset if he has a great season and we make the playoffs? I'm sure there are a few crazies that have their minds made up regardless but most would probably re-evaluate their opinion of the situation changes.

So you believe YAC/R is a crucial stat that determines quality teams?

A crucial stat for receivers maybe.

This really makes no sense. Why would someone who doesn't think Tyrod is good enough be upset if he has a great season and we make the playoffs? I'm sure there are a few crazies that have their minds made up regardless but most would probably re-evaluate their opinion of the situation changes.

I am envisioning someone named Crusher.

A crucial stat for receivers maybe.

I am envisioning someone named Crusher.

Meh. I'm sure even he would think differently if Tyrod had a great season. The only issue is that not everyone has the same definition of great.

because to some people being proved right (or wrong in this case) is more important then the actual outcome,

and no, it doesn't make sense

Meh. I'm sure even he would think differently if Tyrod had a great season. The only issue is that not everyone has the same definition of great.

I would

Some folks care more about being right then the bills winning...somewhere out there i get this vision of a goat being sacrificed and a Tyrod Taylor voo doo doll....:)

I don't think he would. Tyrod is not a great QB, but a good QB IMO. Tyrod has had some really good games and he found ways to discredit those before. I remember him pumping up EJ and trashing Tyrod from the day he was selected as the starter.

To add to my earlier post I am not saying take credit off Tyrod for his deep balls. I am saying I don't agree with the methodology because devaluing perfectly thrown balls because they are not thrown far is nonsensical to me.

They both need context IMO. Perfectly thrown 2 yard passes that get a lot of yards should get credit when its deserved. Other times the receivers breaks tackles left and right or the defense just has a brain fart. How many missed tackles and out of position plays has our own team had over the last couple years? Times like these have nothing to do with perfect ball placement.

Context of offensive systems should also be looked at. When receivers are running comeback routes and curls a lot of the time yac isn't going to be high. People keep saying its Tyrods ball placement. Those people should actually look at the routes our receivers are running. That wouldn't fit their narrative though.

Edited by Scott7975

I would

Some folks care more about being right then the bills winning...somewhere out there i get this vision of a goat being sacrificed and a Tyrod Taylor voo doo doll.... :)

getting poked in the eyes with needles by Crusher,

New England and Atlanta had the highest Yards Per Catch per pass in the league and met in the Superbowl. Tyrod was bottom 2 in the NFL.

And the year before that Denver was 20th and Carolina was 25th in the same stat. Somehow they overcame it and met in the Super Bowl though.

oh goodie, look, another Tyrod thread. now maybe that, "Tyrod will not be handed the starting QB job" thread will drift off into the nether regions.

Edited by Foxx

So you believe YAC/R is a crucial stat that determines quality teams?

No, it's a passer stat. But having a good passing game is better than not having a good passing game. 4 of the 5 teams with the highest YPC per attempt made the playoffs and 4 out of the 5 teams at the bottom, such as Buffalo, missed the playoffs. The only team that made the playoffs with a bottom of the barrel passing game was the Houston Texans and they are in a weak division.

because to some people being proved right (or wrong in this case) is more important then the actual outcome,

and no, it doesn't make sense

No. Some people think that some people being proven right is more important than the actual outcome.

from the article, a bit of an oddity:

... “Taylor’s pass attempts per game ranked 35th in 2015 and 33rd in 2016. The Bills threw the league’s fewest passes last season and were second-to-last in 2015.” ...

35th in pass attempts in 2015? are they saying that 3 backups (in addition to the starters on those teams) had more pass attempts than Tyrod? last year too, another backup also had more attempts than Tyrod?

perhaps i am missing something simple here but i don't see it.

Edited by Foxx

And the year before that Denver was 20th and Carolina was 25th in the same stat. Somehow they overcame it and met in the Super Bowl though.

That Denver team was an outlier. As was Carolina's run in 2015. But keep in mind I did not argue it was necessary to have a good yards per catch per attempt. It just is better than the alternative.