PFF:Taylor undervalued QB.

I'm a big Taylor fan. But knocking guys like Brady and Ryan because they have proven the ability to make quick reads and throws giving their receivers wide open running lanes to pick up big yardage is foolish. Can Taylor and this offense do that? It's yet to be seen. Taylor does things well in his own way. But I would be lying if I were to say I didn't also wish he could pick up some of that quick passing ability that Brady and Ryan show.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big Taylor fan. But knocking guys like Brady and Ryan because they have proven the ability to make quick reads and throws giving their receivers wide open running lanes to pick up big yardage is foolish. Can Taylor and this offense do that? It's yet to be seen. Taylor does things well in his own way. But I would be lying if I were to say I didn't also wish he could pick up some of that quick passing ability that Brady and Ryan show.

Hopefully he'll improve in that area this season.

Foxx, Crusher.

it's okay, Jm. we ll know that if Tyrod has a bad first two games of the season you will abandon ship. just like you did last year, right?

btw, bite me. at least i have reasons for my disbelief that Tyrod is who you think he is and just don't spout that same crap time after time after time after time after time after time after time after...

it's okay, Jm. we ll know that if Tyrod has a bad first two games of the season you will abandon ship. just like you did last year, right?

btw, bite me. at least i have reasons for my disbelief that Tyrod is who you think he is and just don't spout that same crap time after time after time after time after time after time after time after...

Then where is your pic of Whaley? Not to loyal. And when you say TT cannot improve where he needs to, just flat out say he cannot-it's because you don't want him to.I like TT because he is the best QB we have had this century. He is not terrible. You don't like him I think because Whaley didn't like him.

When the bills win in 2017, I'll be happy for that Sunday, just like always. You and esp crusher were never happy with the wins in 2016-it always centered around how TT had nothing to do with the win. Every reasonable fan admits that that second Miami game was on the defense and ST. Not you and Crusher though. Die hards to the last. There is no reasonable discussion with those who have an agenda.

100% agree. Sure we don't really run that quick passing system. But is that because we choose not to from the coaching level or because our QB is incapable of running that kind of system.

None of us can know for sure. If that's the system they want to run we are about to find out.

Then where is your pic of Whaley? Not to loyal. And when you say TT cannot improve where he needs to, just flat out say he cannot-it's because you don't want him to.I like TT because he is the best QB we have had this century. He is not terrible. You don't like him I think because Whaley didn't like him.

When the bills win in 2017, I'll be happy for that Sunday, just like always. You and esp crusher were never happy with the wins in 2016-it always centered around how TT had nothing to do with the win. Every reasonable fan admits that that second Miami game was on the defense and ST. Not you and Crusher though. Die hards to the last. There is no reasonable discussion with those who have an agenda.

as per usual, you put words in others mouths that are not there.

you are officially clueless.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/5/19/15657930/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-pro-football-focus-qb-rating-sammy-watkins

"That explanation, and therefore the PFF QB Rating itself, is much more sensible than the “normal” QB Rating in which a perfectly thrown dropped pass counts the same as a throw air-mailed over a receiver’s head. The inclusion of air yards is vital as well. A two-yard pass with 50 yards after the catch that ends with touchdown shouldn’t count the same for the quarterback as a perfectly placed, 52-yard rocket into the end zone for a score."

What is TT strength in the passing game-his deep ball.

TT becomes a better QB if that defense showed up for any of the games last year....

TT becomes a better QB if that defense showed up for any of the games last year....

In fairness to the players, the D was being coached by a guy who ran the worst D's in NFL history the year before...

But it wasn't.

"Last season, the Bills lost 7 games in which they scored 20 or more points. As a defensive coach, I would think that Ryan would have been able to utilize his coaching skills to stop an offense. But he failed.

The biggest example of this was when the Bills faced the Oakland Raiders in Week 13. The Bills took a 24-9 lead in the third quarter and never touched the end zone again. The Raiders scored 29 straight points and secured a 38-24 victory. This game was unacceptable and could have helped the Bills make a playoff push.

The last straw was the Bills losing to the Dolphins the second time. Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi rushed for over 200 yards against the Bills in both meetings. And they didn’t lose to Ryan Tannehill, they lost to backup QB Matt Moore. The Dolphins beat the Bills 34-31 in overtime, which led to the firing of Rex Ryan and the Bills being eliminated from the playoffs."

In perception, yes I think he does.

No one really talks about the Patriots D being the critical factor in that Super Bowl win or how awful Brady was for much of the game. It's what Brady did at the end to help them win that matters.

"Last season, the Bills lost 7 games in which they scored 20 or more points. As a defensive coach, I would think that Ryan would have been able to utilize his coaching skills to stop an offense. But he failed.

The biggest example of this was when the Bills faced the Oakland Raiders in Week 13. The Bills took a 24-9 lead in the third quarter and never touched the end zone again. The Raiders scored 29 straight points and secured a 38-24 victory. This game was unacceptable and could have helped the Bills make a playoff push.

The last straw was the Bills losing to the Dolphins the second time. Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi rushed for over 200 yards against the Bills in both meetings. And they didn’t lose to Ryan Tannehill, they lost to backup QB Matt Moore. The Dolphins beat the Bills 34-31 in overtime, which led to the firing of Rex Ryan and the Bills being eliminated from the playoffs."

...nothing to be disputed there IMO.....