DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Snowflake.  I thought he likes golden showers.  Oh wait, that's only with Russian whores. LoL...

please tell me that you do not take everything reported in the main stream media as undeniable truth.

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

A very good summary of where things are at the moment. Nothing new here because DR has been on the top of things for over two years now. But it’s gratifying to hear this spoken over the airwaves. 

I can't count the times I've seen what they call "breaking news" on TV and I say to myself that it isn't breaking news, I've known about that for 6 months or a year. DR has done yeoman work and the posters here giving him a hard time are the ones that basically haven't followed along.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I can't count the times I've seen what they call "breaking news" on TV and I say to myself that it isn't breaking news, I've known about that for 6 months or a year. DR has done yeoman work and the posters here giving him a hard time are the ones that basically haven't followed along.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Interstering read from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenning/2018/12/16/mueller-exposes-putins-hold-over-trump/amp/

Puntin's hold over Trump...

Is This Beginning of the End for Trump?

On December 7, the New York Times asked, “Is This the Beginning of the End for Trump?” Such a question had already been asked more than a hundred times since Trump’s election. All too often, the question reflected wishful thinking. On this occasion, however, we do appear to be at a turning point, since we finally know what hold Putin has over Trump. Yet, we may be rather “at the end of the beginning,” in that we finally know how and why Trump became president.” The beginning of the end” will come once there is a viable path towards doing something about it.

While the liberal media highlights the salacious aspects of the payments to cover up Trump’s affairs with Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal, and the Russian spy Maria Butina’s interactions with the NRA, and trumpets the claim that Trump himself became a felon  by directing felonious campaign finance contributions, Trump’s defenders have scoffed. Breaches of campaign finance legislation might be felonies in a court of law, but in the court of public opinion they are unintelligible technicalities:

“Ok, Trump’s lawyer didn’t file the right report at the right time. Not Trump’s fault! Paying off women with whom Donald had an affair? Boys will be boys! Didn’t Clinton do something similar?”

Moreover, Trump’s defenders also note that in order to prove that Trump committed a felony by instructing his lawyer to make illegal campaign contributions, the Special Counsel would have to show that Trump did so “willfully” i.e. that he knew that the payments were illegal under the notoriously complex campaign finance law. This may be difficult, given that the liberal press has spent two years seeking to prove that Donald Trump doesn’t understand the law of anything.

It is noteworthy that Mueller has handed off the prosecutions of the hush-money payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal and Maria Butina’s involvement with the NRA to other parts of the Justice Department.

In effect, the Special Counsel’s Office gives every sign of focusing sharply on the larger narrative with Russia. It is investigating the possibility that Donald Trump, his campaign, his organization and his associates, participated in a set of criminal conspiracies with Russia to defraud the United States both of a free and fair election and of a government solely devoted to its interests (18 U.S.C. § 371).

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenning/2018/12/16/mueller-exposes-putins-hold-over-trump/amp/

On December 7, the New York Times asked, “Is This the Beginning of the End for Trump?” Such a question had already been asked more than a hundred times since Trump’s election. All too often, the question reflected wishful thinking. On this occasion, however, we do appear to be at a turning point, since we finally know what hold Putin has over Trump. Yet, we may be rather “at the end of the beginning,” in that we finally know how and why Trump became president.” The beginning of the end” will come once there is a viable path towards doing something about it.

While the liberal media highlights the salacious aspects of the payments to cover up Trump’s affairs with Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal, and the Russian spy Maria Butina’s interactions with the NRA, and trumpets the claim that Trump himself became a felon  by directing felonious campaign finance contributions, Trump’s defenders have scoffed. Breaches of campaign finance legislation might be felonies in a court of law, but in the court of public opinion they are unintelligible technicalities:

“Ok, Trump’s lawyer didn’t file the right report at the right time. Not Trump’s fault! Paying off women with whom Donald had an affair? Boys will be boys! Didn’t Clinton do something similar?”

Moreover, Trump’s defenders also note that in order to prove that Trump committed a felony by instructing his lawyer to make illegal campaign contributions, the Special Counsel would have to show that Trump did so “willfully” i.e. that he knew that the payments were illegal under the notoriously complex campaign finance law. This may be difficult, given that the liberal press has spent two years seeking to prove that Donald Trump doesn’t understand the law of anything.

It is noteworthy that Mueller has handed off the prosecutions of the hush-money payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal and Maria Butina’s involvement with the NRA to other parts of the Justice Department.

In effect, the Special Counsel’s Office gives every sign of focusing sharply on the larger narrative with Russia. It is investigating the possibility that Donald Trump, his campaign, his organization and his associates, participated in a set of criminal conspiracies with Russia to defraud the United States both of a free and fair election and of a government solely devoted to its interests (18 U.S.C. § 371).

You've earned my disdain. I won't even readyourshit anymore. Too bad if you actually have anything to say.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You've earned my disdain. I won't even readyourshit anymore. Too bad if you actually have anything to say.

You have to be important to talk this way. We go way back, I'd actually feel dirty if I didn't earn your distain.  I thought that was a given.

Retreat to your bubble, you will be safe there Snowflake.  I know the news from the conservative leaning media is hard to take.

Sorry for crashing the party.

The new report, prepared for the Senate and a draft of which was obtained by The Post, provides the most comprehensive analysis yet of the Russian disinformation campaign around the 2016 election that leveraged nearly all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. 

Talk about going all in for Trump! Russia and murder boy Putin really wanted the clown to win. 

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The Russia investigation is all that really matters. It's such a huge crime it's hard to believe. 

WILL THE MUELLER SWITCH PROJECT COLLAPSE?

The sentencing of General Michael Flynn could turn out to be the Waterloo of the Mueller Switch Project. The feds never could have convicted Flynn of perjury or lying to government officials–they don’t even have a transcript of what he said to the FBI! As a criminal case, it was always a non-starter. The Justice Department initially had no intention of prosecuting. But then, after Robert Mueller took over the case, Flynn was squeezed into a single guilty plea by the threat of personal bankruptcy.

As Byron York asks, what changed?

vocntUzt_normal.jpgByron York
Assume answer is yes. Question is: Pre-Mueller investigators had the evidence and apparently did not plan to charge Flynn. Post-Mueller, Flynn pleads guilty. What went on?
https://twitter.com/AndrewCMcCarthy/status/1074044879523770369 

Mueller’s team is now saying that General Flynn needn’t go to prison–the equivalent of “oops, never mind”–and it appears that Judge Emmet Sullivan may be on to Mueller. We will soon find out.

Meanwhile, even NPR has noticed that the Democrats’ beloved Russia collusion conspiracy theory has fallen apart:

Trump has been implicated in ordering a scheme to silence two women ahead of Election Day in 2016 about the alleged sexual relationships they had with him years before.

That is a serious matter, or it might have been in other times, but this scheme is decidedly not a global conspiracy with a foreign power to steal the election.
From what is visible today…the case is still Swiss cheese.

NPR makes the obvious point that we and others have observed repeatedly: the absence of evidence of Russian collusion in Mueller’s attacks on General Flynn, Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen, not to mention the continued absence of any charges whatsoever against Carter Page, who must be the most innocent man in America, plainly means that when it comes to collusion–the ostensible subject of his investigation–Mueller is shooting blanks. Say, Bob, remind me: what does Stormy Daniels have to do with your mission as Special Counsel?

I think there is a significant chance that Judge Sullivan may refuse to accept General Flynn’s guilty plea and instead issue an opinion blasting Bob Mueller for prosecutorial misconduct. If that happens, Mueller will ride off into the sunset in the ignominy he so richly deserves.