DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

Some reporter asked about Atkinson at the presser today. Trump is pointing out all the things done wrong by Atkinson.

ha! maybe Schiff was the second informer... Schiff is a corrupt politician.

That man is a disgrace to IGs.

"Frankly, someone should sue his ass off" (about the fake whistleblower)

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

His statements have gotten more certain the longer the probe has gone one. Compare these statements to the ones he gave before the holidays... 

This may be the full interview (I'm still going through it):

Edit: unless I zoned out (and given the hour, that's possible), I did not catch the clip that was in DR's post above. So, I don't think this is the full interview.

Edited by Hedge
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

His statements have gotten more certain the longer the probe has gone one. Compare these statements to the ones he gave before the holidays... 

Ooh his statements have changed.  Wow.  His actions have remained identical.  Zero.

4 hours ago, Hedge said:

Every single Agent that was involved in this fiasco should be held accountable. The management structure in the FBI was tripled under Mueller and filled with younger Agents who spent relatively little time in the field actually doing any real work - and whose personal ambitions were more important to them than the integrity of the agency. He was the catalyst for what culminated in "Crossfire Hurricane," and, in a complete irony, he was tasked to take an honest, objective view at the very management structure and culture he created.

• Like (+1) 7

Full transcript. It’s even worse than you think ...

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChuckRossDC/status/1248258914451361794

then a thread from Chris who’s a great resource for the Brit intel services: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/CJBdingo25/status/1248253821165408263

(this takes you to a comment about the thread, the thread is above) 

• Thank you (+1) 4

Apparently, Grenell has been working...

(this could go in a buncha threads)

Russia case footnotes to be declassified, exposing FBI concerns about Steele disinformation

Previously redacted footnotes from Inspector General Michael Horowitz's report expected to raise questions about prior FBI assessment of key informant.

U.S. intelligence has decided to declassify several redacted footnotes from a recent Justice Department report that will expose more problems with the FBI’s investigation into President Trump’s campaign, including that agents possessed evidence their main informant may have been the victim of Russian disinformation, Just the News has learned.

The previously redacted footnotes are likely to raise new concerns that the FBI ignored flashing red warning signals about the informant Christopher Steele and gave a false picture in briefing materials supplied to Congress.

The declassified sections from Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s December review of FBI FISA abuse could be made available to key Senate and House committees as early as the end of this week, according to people familiar with the effort.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From the linked article (for those who don't know, Powell is Gen Flynn's attorney)

The Spygate connection

The reason Trump might want Fine out is the same reason Trump’s opponents would want Fine in.  We have a couple of recent windows onto that reason, and both are very informative.

One is reporting done since mid-January by Susan Crabtree for Real Clear Politics.  Her most recent article on 10 March is the starting point.  In it, she recounts how the Trump administration has been taking a penetrating look at a number of the IGs in federal agencies.  One of them is Glenn Fine, who has been dragging his heels on the whistleblower-reprisal case of Adam Lovinger.

Crabtree reminds us that Lovinger is “an ousted member of Trump’s National Security Council who has become a cause celebre among some of Trump’s closest allies and advisers.”

Fine’s role is unimpressive:  “Lovinger, who was removed from Trump’s NSC early in the administration, has spent nearly three years on unpaid administrative leave and the last two waiting for acting Defense Department Inspector General Glenn Fine, who was appointed by Obama, to wrap up the case and issue his final report.”

But the meat of the issue – as Spygate watchers will readily recall – is that what Lovinger was blowing the whistle on was the use of the Pentagon’s Office of Net Assessment to pay Stefan Halper for the services he rendered to the Spygate operation against the Trump campaign.

That is what got Lovinger mistreated as a whistleblower, and why he’s been kept twisting in the wind by the acting DOD IG for the last two years.

(snip)

One day before Fine was nominated, another appointment of exceptional interest – and relevance – was made.  In the DOD Office of Net Assessment, long presided over by Andrew Marshall (who was retiring at the age of 93), James Baker was appointed as Marshall’s successor on 14 May 2015.

Baker would be the head of ONA to whom Adam Lovinger made his appeals about misuse of assets and sweetheart deals for cronies.  It would be Baker’s ONA that Fine was essentially protecting by ignoring ONA’s retaliation against Lovinger.  (Michael Flynn’s defense also believes the ONA Baker leaked transcripts of Flynn’s phone calls with the Russian ambassador to David Ignatius at the Washington Post

All else aside, if James Baker at ONA somehow gained access to those transcripts, that’s a huge problem, and one the DOD IG, or the Intelligence Community IG, could have spent their time on far more worthily than in the ways they have.)

This is one of the coincidences Durham has been investigating. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(Reposting this (deleted the previous) to get rid of the mobile link.)

His language and tone has become much more definitive since the holidays when he was last speaking of Durham's probe. Probably worth noting...  

Language and tone?  Seriously?  His actions are identical. Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeero.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is an odd post from a friend who is wired in. I'm assuming he means there will be Flynn news today but I honestly don't know what he's referencing (he's not a Q guy so it likely is not 4/10/20 related)

Update -- it's "footnote declass day" ... I believe that's what Fog is referring to.

Thoughts from Jeff who is one of the few people who has paid more attention to the minutia of this scandal than even a nerd like me has: 

I'd watch all three of those accounts closely today: Techno_Fog, Huber, and Jeff's. 

(if you want to get your hands on the releases before most)

• Thank you (+1) 6

Make no mistake, this declass will answer a lot of "questions". I put the quotes around that word because it's likely already known/deduced what the redactions are hiding -- but, I thought I knew what the GP transcripts would say and that they'd be bad for the FBI narrative, they wound up being WORSE than even I anticipated. If that holds with these footnotes, then we're into a new phase of this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Make no mistake, this declass will answer a lot of "questions". I put the quotes around that word because it's likely already known/deduced what the redactions are hiding -- but, I thought I knew what the GP transcripts would say and that they'd be bad for the FBI narrative, they wound up being WORSE than even I anticipated. If that holds with these footnotes, then we're into a new phase of this. 

My only fear is that this doesn't turn into a giant nothingburger. My fear is that there are too many deep state moles in and around Durham to interfere in subtle ways to protect the Democrat's interests...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

My only fear is that this doesn't turn into a giant nothingburger. My fear is that there are too many deep state moles in and around Durham to interfere in subtle ways to protect the Democrat's interests...

As I've said to 4mer many times throughout the last 2 years -- that's a completely valid fear to have. If you go just based on history and precedent alone, that is indeed the most likely outcome... 

... Unless we are truly living in different times. If we are, and if the team around 45 is who I've been led to believe they are, then all those bets are off. 

But we'll see one way or the other soon enough. I'm still upset they pushed back from last fall to an election year as I thought that was an unnecessary gamble as who knows what could happen to derail it (cough - Covid - cough / black swan event), but sadly I don't get a say in their plans.

:beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The senators have not publicly identified the four footnotes in question, but sources have previously told the DCNF that they dealt with information related to dossier author Christopher Steele’s interactions with Russian oligarchs, and information from Steele’s sources for the dossier.

One of the footnotes refers to evidence that Steele, a former MI6 officer, may have published Russian disinformation in his dossier, the source familiar with the situation told the DCNF.

Lawmakers and other government officials have long questioned whether Russian sources intentionally misled Steele as he was investigating Donald Trump in 2016 on behalf of the Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is an odd post from a friend who is wired in. I'm assuming he means there will be Flynn news today but I honestly don't know what he's referencing (he's not a Q guy so it likely is not 4/10/20 related)

Flynn did recently change his Twitter banner. looks to be a set of eyes (in the storm)?

1500x500

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1