DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

@DC Tomthank you for that, I did not know that was how it worked. Always assumed hearing all the ads on WTOP for active clearance people etc to work at the various GCs meant they were portable. Now I will sound a little less dumb talking to those folks!

again, thx for the info!

My first job out of college was for a defense contractor.  I had to obtain a Secret clearance.  The company I worked for had to pay for it.  When I left that company, I was told my Secret clearance would be inactive and then expire after a year I believe.  Since I had an inactive clearance, I assume I would have been a more favorable candidate for another defense contractor because they wouldn't have to pay for me to go back thru the process of applying.  I soon realized that was why a lot of the people that worked for this company were ex-military.  The ex-military people already had a clearance so that was one less thing for the company to pay for. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Hirly5 said:

My first job out of college was for a defense contractor.  I had to obtain a Secret clearance.  The company I worked for had to pay for it.  When I left that company, I was told my Secret clearance would be inactive and then expire after a year I believe.  Since I had an inactive clearance, I assume I would have been a more favorable candidate for another defense contractor because they wouldn't have to pay for me to go back thru the process of applying.  I soon realized that was why a lot of the people that worked for this company were ex-military.  The ex-military people already had a clearance so that was one less thing for the company to pay for. 

you can never win with this stuff....

if you try to be honest you get nowhere, those at the top are proven to be deliberately reckless with it, and nothing will happen to them

• Like (+1) 1

Heaven forbid !

NBC Reporter: Trump Will Cause ‘Financial’ Harm to Clapper, Brennan by Revoking Security Clearances
by Robert Kraychik

Original Article

NBC News reporter Ken Dilanian suggested Monday that President Donald Trump would hurt the livelihoods of Obama administration alumni by taking away the “valuable commodity” of their security clearances. Dilanian , who covers the intelligence community and national security issues, accused Trump of “seeking to levy a financial penalty” on former CIA Director John Brennan and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper — both of whom are paid contributors at cable news networks. Brennan now works for Dilanian’s employer NBC News as an MSNBC analyst. Clapper has since joined CNN in a similar capacity.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Heaven forbid !

NBC Reporter: Trump Will Cause ‘Financial’ Harm to Clapper, Brennan by Revoking Security Clearances
by Robert Kraychik

Original Article

NBC News reporter Ken Dilanian suggested Monday that President Donald Trump would hurt the livelihoods of Obama administration alumni by taking away the “valuable commodity” of their security clearances. Dilanian , who covers the intelligence community and national security issues, accused Trump of “seeking to levy a financial penalty” on former CIA Director John Brennan and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper — both of whom are paid contributors at cable news networks. Brennan now works for Dilanian’s employer NBC News as an MSNBC analyst. Clapper has since joined CNN in a similar capacity.

So the argument is that Trump, giving the reason for revoking their clearances as their commoditizing said clearances, shouldn't do so because they're commoditizing them?  

Can we have just one national discussion in the next 30 months where both sides at least try to make sense?

14 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Yet there are tons of people coming out in support of Jordan.

I see people comparing Jim Jordan to Joe Paterno. Is this a joke or what?

Jordan is being slimed by Perkins Coie. I'm not worried about that all that much. 

My opinions on RR/Mueller remain fringe - admittedly. That's why I don't want to comment just yet. 

Its interesting to go back and see who voted to approve RR and who voted against. He was almost unanimously confirmed - but for the most likely democrats to run in 2020 (Warren, Harris, Booker, and a few more). I have heard horror stories about RR's temperament from DOJ employees. But I've also heard glowing reviews of his commitment to cleaning up the corruption in DC. So... There are some big question marks on both sides of RR. 

He's either one of the dirtiest players in the game, or he's performing his role for Trump/Sessions masterfully. There's really no middle ground - and also not convincing evidence to make the white hat proclamation with much confidence. (Same with mueller) 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Jordan is being slimed by Perkins Coie. I'm not worried about that all that much. 

Not now...but that and a Gawker article gets you a FISA warrant, and then he's in deep ****.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, donbb said:

Is this entire forum filled with Q/Trump conspiracy crap? Holy moly - I've read through 3 threads and I think that's more than enough.

Trump doing his job

all the haters having a hairy spaz 24/7, continuing for another 6.5 years

enjoy the ride...

9 minutes ago, westside said:

I agree!! This Russian collusion stuff is so far fetched!!

that was over back in February 2017....  it's all for laughs now

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1