DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1021781707450667011

24+ months of research. 

Brennan was director level. He gets copies of all finished intelligence (if he so chooses, which he has) on programs he was involved in and ones he was not. Plus, due to Five Eyes agreement, he can go to London and sit in a sciff and access anything he wishes. 

As can clinton. 

As can Obama. 

I mean they already proved that he investigation predated the dossier, so I'm not sure why that's still a thing. It's not really important to this question though.  Also, no they can't just go into a SCIF and get access to anything they want. Not all information is Five Eyes. I think you're combining need to know and clearance into some sort of sudo designation. Once you leave that position you lose your right and ability to see that information. If he still has access to some intel, and I'm not saying he does, it's because he requested access and was granted it by the new director. This would be on a limited program by program basis and not at the level he once had. I'd have to see your research, but my experience points to most of this being false. It would be hard for you to get an accurate understanding of this subject unless you've actually worked in this type of environment. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I mean they already proved that he investigation predated the dossier, so I'm not sure why that's still a thing. It's not really important to this question though.  Also, no they can't just go into a SCIF and get access to anything they want. Not all information is Five Eyes. I think you're combining need to know and clearance into some sort of sudo designation. Once you leave that position you lose your right and ability to see that information. If he still has access to some intel, and I'm not saying he does, it's because he requested access and was granted it by the new director. This would be on a limited program by program basis and not at the level he once had. I'd have to see your research, but my experience points to most of this being false. It would be hard for you to get an accurate understanding of this subject unless you've actually worked in this type of environment. 

"Sudo designation?"

I've never seen anything like this before.  That is so thoroughly, completely wrong that it actually works.  :lol:  I can just see Brennan standing at a door, "Let me in the SCIF!"  "Sorry, Brennan, no can do."  "But I have a clearance, so...sudo let me in the SCIF!"  "Oh...okay..."

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DC Tom said:

"Sudo designation?"

I've never seen anything like this before.  That is so thoroughly, completely wrong that it actually works.  :lol:  I can just see Brennan standing at a door, "Let me in the SCIF!"  "Sorry, Brennan, no can do."  "But I have a clearance, so...sudo let me in the SCIF!"  "Oh...okay..."

That's kind of what I'm saying. People seem to think that a clearance just gets you access to everything. 

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You're wrong. 

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Sudo designation?"

Sounds like he's been !@#$ing with Ubuntu too much lately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudo

Edited by joesixpack
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

You're wrong. 

I can tell from your vast experience in the field that you are in fact the clearance expert. My apologies. Please let me forget everything I know and just bank off of your "research. 

Just now, joesixpack said:

Huge props for the reference and the wiki article to back it up. Let that nerd flag fly haha. I honestly didn't expect that. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I can tell from your vast experience in the field that you are in fact the clearance expert. My apologies. Please let me forget everything I know and just bank off of your "research. 

You stated Brennan does not have access to TS/SCI Intel. That's wrong. 

Very wrong. 

I'm on vacation or I'd show you how wrong you are, but for now all I can say is you're misinformed. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You stated Brennan does not have access to TS/SCI Intel. That's wrong. 

Very wrong. 

I'm on vacation or I'd show you how wrong you are, but for now all I can say is you're misinformed. 

That's not what I said. He absolutely has maintained his TS/SCI and could be getting briefs still. I don't think you have a clue how a clearance works though. TS/SCI just means he is eligible to be given access to the information at that level if it's determined that he has a need to know and access is granted by the right authority. He doesn't have free access to anything and everything he wants. That's not how this works. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

That's not what I said. He absolutely has maintained his TS/SCI and could be getting briefs still. I don't think you have a clue how a clearance works though. TS/SCI just means he is eligible to be given access to the information at that level if it's determined that he has a need to know and access is granted by the right authority. He doesn't have free access to anything and everything he wants. That's not how this works. 

I never said he had free access. I said he can access five eye surveillance info freely. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I never said he had free access. I said he can access five eye surveillance info freely. 

So you're telling me that the current director of the CIA just gave him access to all five eyes intel? They deemed that he had a need to know, gave him access to the facility, and then gave him access to all the information? 

Just now, Trogdor said:

So you're telling me that the current director of the CIA just gave him access to all five eyes intel? They deemed that he had a need to know, gave him access to the facility, and then gave him access to all the information? 

No. He doesn't need to go through any Americans to access five eye surveillance if he's in country. 

You're wrong. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

That's kind of what I'm saying. People seem to think that a clearance just gets you access to everything. 

DR does know more about it than you think, though.  

And you're also assuming the rules are the same for the appointed officials as for the little people.  You and I, we lose a job and our clearance goes with it, but the background investigation stays valid for a period of time, making it easier for another department to clear us.  When you get to "CIA Director" level, you're way the hell inside, and you never really "leave."  The government basically keeps your clearance active for you after you leave, for any of a few reasons (you might sit on an advisory board for your agency, you might need it to research your memoirs, a current appointee might just want to shoot the **** with you occasionally.)  

It's also important to note that this brainstorm came not from Trump, but from Rand Paul.  Paul asked the President to revoke the clearances, and the Oompa-Loompa in Chief, as he is wont to do, just ran with the last thing he heard.  If he ran into someone in the hallway after talking to Paul who told him "We should dump a plate of spaghetti on Brennan's head," Trump probably would have tweeted that.  The knee-jerk shallowness of the announcement is evident in the simple fact that at least one of them - McCabe - already had his clearance yanked. 

Not to mention, at least two of those people deserve to lose their clearances (Brennan's been leaking classified info, McCabe was fired with cause from the FBI.)  And I could make a reasonable case for Comey and Yates as well.

16 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

It really is one of the best typos I've ever seen here.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No. He doesn't need to go through any Americans to access five eye surveillance if he's in country. 

You're wrong. 

You have no concept of clearance. This proves it. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

DR does know more about it than you think, though.  

And you're also assuming the rules are the same for the appointed officials as for the little people.  You and I, we lose a job and our clearance goes with it, but the background investigation stays valid for a period of time, making it easier for another department to clear us.  When you get to "CIA Director" level, you're way the hell inside, and you never really "leave."  The government basically keeps your clearance active for you after you leave, for any of a few reasons (you might sit on an advisory board for your agency, you might need it to research your memoirs, a current appointee might just want to shoot the **** with you occasionally.)  

It's also important to note that this brainstorm came not from Trump, but from Rand Paul.  Paul asked the President to revoke the clearances, and the Oompa-Loompa in Chief, as he is wont to do, just ran with the last thing he heard.  If he ran into someone in the hallway after talking to Paul who told him "We should dump a plate of spaghetti on Brennan's head," Trump probably would have tweeted that.  The knee-jerk shallowness of the announcement is evident in the simple fact that at least one of them - McCabe - already had his clearance yanked. 

Not to mention, at least two of those people deserve to lose their clearances (Brennan's been leaking classified info, McCabe was fired with cause from the FBI.)  And I could make a reasonable case for Comey and Yates as well.

I'm not arguing that he maintained his clearance or that he should probably lose, but his access to information is still limited by the new director. He probably does sit in on things that pertain to programs from when he was there. DR is trying to say that he can just fly to London, no visit request, no authorization from a current official, and just access Five Eyes intel because he has TS/SCI. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

DR is trying to say that he can just fly to London, no visit request, no authorization from a current official, and just access Five Eyes intel because he has TS/SCI. 

Director level and above clearances work differently. Protocol (per five eyes) does not require requests to be confirmed with the acting director, it's a courtesy that can be ignored and has been. The Brits have been actively involved in the coup attempt, explicitly by exploiting these issues. This is the corruption that's being exposed. 

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick I'm on vacation and posting fast. You've made a number of incorrect statments in multiple posts about multiple issues and we are talking over one another. 

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

With all the Trump hate, with Mueller on the prowl, so-called journalists in the liberal media and anyone else on the Trump hate-a-thon that can't find any evidence of collusion while berating Trump the last two years........................... don't you think it should be shut down by now?

The average Independent/Special Counsel investigations since Watergate is about 2 and 1/2 years (904 days).  Iran Contra and Whitewater took much longer despite calls for the investigation to be wrapped up by the party of the president in office.  If they wrap this up before the midterms it would be quick.

59428b9d688ad25f008b48b8-750-605.png

Edited by Doc Brown

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The average Independent/Special Counsel investigations since Watergate is a little over 2 and 1/2 years (904 days).  Iran Contra and Whitewater took much longer despite calls for the investigation to be rapped up by the party of the president in office.  If they rap this up before the midterms it would be quick.

the other SPs started with a crime proven or at the very least extremely strong evidence

this is just a bogus accusation brought forth by crybabies

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the other SPs started with a crime proven or at the very least extremely strong evidence

this is just a bogus accusation brought forth by crybabies

We don't know what the Mueller team has.  All we get are little snippets through indictments (mostly Russians) and occasional leaks.

25 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You have no concept of clearance. This proves it. 

I'm not arguing that he maintained his clearance or that he should probably lose, but his access to information is still limited by the new director. He probably does sit in on things that pertain to programs from when he was there. DR is trying to say that he can just fly to London, no visit request, no authorization from a current official, and just access Five Eyes intel because he has TS/SCI. 

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Director level and above clearances work differently. Protocol (per five eyes) does not require requests to be confirmed with the acting director, it's a courtesy that can be ignored and has been. The Brits have been actively involved in the coup attempt, explicitly by exploiting these issues. This is the corruption that's being exposed. 

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick I'm on vacation and posting fast. You've made a number of incorrect statments in multiple posts about multiple issues and we are talking over one another. 

Just to stress, Trogdor: DR's arguing it's done as a courtesy; you're arguing formal procedures have to be followed.

In this case, DR's right.

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The average Independent/Special Counsel investigations since Watergate is about 2 and 1/2 years (904 days).  Iran Contra and Whitewater took much longer despite calls for the investigation to be wrapped up by the party of the president in office.  If they wrap this up before the midterms it would be quick.

I'd love to see this rapped up.  Maybe they can get Eminem to perform it.

• Like (+1) 1