DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

3 digit IQ means you realize this by the age of 15?

Honestly, when I was growing up I didn't think there would be much reason for the media to lie. I suppose the possibility never crossed my mind. I guess the IQ didn't meet the minimum requirements.

9 minutes ago, Dante said:

I have thought this for a pretty long time now. You hope you can get a decent sense of the situation, news story or whatever. Then kinda do the math yourself. Ignoring any editorial input by "experts" and various talking heads. They are not to be trusted at all. They do not report the facts or if they do it's either out of context or a bunch of other key facts are simply ignored. 

I've seen too many stories I've had direct knowledge of and involvement with to take anything anyone says at face value any more.  

Anyone who does is what is know ans a "useful idiot."

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

New administrations bring in their own people.  If there is an advantage to the maintenance of clearance it's to assure continuity in fact one would resume.

Perhaps the best way to do this is simply take away clearance day one of a new administration of anyone no longer in the government, but then grant it back on an ad hoc basis as needed.

I do not blindly believe people.  Quit making things up.  I read to try and get perspective. 

Who said this, and stuck by it when presented with contrary evidence?

My stance is simple; those who know more than I do about the situation whom I read indicated there may be an advantage to having that kind of continuity.  Fine by me. 

5 minutes ago, GG said:

Who said this, and stuck by it when presented with contrary evidence?

What you are saying here makes no sense.  Way back when the situation came up - why do they need clearance after they leave their job.  All I did was respond that based on my readings it had to do with continuity.  I then went on to state I am not an expert in intelligence matters.  When joesixpack said he had high clearance and he saw no reason for it I said: fine by me.  Because I defer to someone with expertise in the field.  And somehow from this you get that I am blindly accepting things, and on and on? 

Right.  Check yourself.

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What you are saying here makes no sense.  Way back when the situation came up - why do they need clearance after they leave their job.  All I did was respond that based on my readings it had to do with continuity.  I then went on to state I am not an expert in intelligence matters.  When joesixpack said he had high clearance and he saw no reason for it I said: fine by me.  Because I defer to someone with expertise in the field.  And somehow from this you get that I am blindly accepting things, and on and on? 

Right.  Check yourself.

I'm guessing that you read about the continuity rationale this week, and noot 18 months ago.  Thus, the first instinct should be to question why is continuity important 18 months after the fact.

33 minutes ago, Dante said:

Honestly, when I was growing up I didn't think there would be much reason for the media to lie. I suppose the possibility never crossed my mind. I guess the IQ didn't meet the minimum requirements.

when i was 8 i watched my father get interviewed as a coach for an upcoming game and he said nothing of substance and the reporter made up a set of boasts to spice it up

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That's the definition of blind acceptance, you dolt.  :lol:

I actually know more about it than Joe, and gave you an entire set of questions to ask yourself and guide you in finding how how things actually work.  I spoon-fed you the opportunity to learn for yourself.  Instead you...took other people's word for it?  But that's not blind acceptance?

I repeat: you're an idiot.

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Why is this corrupt investigation still going on?

if you hate someone that much you shouldn't have too much trouble finding SOMETHING to pin on him, even when you change the focus of the review 12 times as the wind blows, and keep adding staff and pouring more millions on the bonfire

is it really that hard to find something about Trump's entire life that would be beyond the pale of acceptance?

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

if you hate someone that much you shouldn't have too much trouble finding SOMETHING to pin on him, even when you change the focus of the review 12 times as the wind blows, and keep adding staff and pouring more millions on the bonfire

is it really that hard to find something about Trump's entire life that would be beyond the pale of acceptance?

With all the Trump hate, with Mueller on the prowl, so-called journalists in the liberal media and anyone else on the Trump hate-a-thon that can't find any evidence of collusion while berating Trump the last two years........................... don't you think it should be shut down by now?

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

With all the Trump hate, with Mueller on the prowl, so-called journalists in the liberal media and anyone else on the Trump hate-a-thon that can't find any evidence of collusion while berating Trump the last two years........................... don't you think it should be shut down by now?

at any place of business, with the employee having a completely private life, you can come up with stacks of stuff to get rid of him just because you want to

i guess this is their pacifier to soothe them through 8 years of Trump, dreaming of something that sticks after all this time and money wasted

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Right.  Check yourself.

I'm jumping in here late, but here's the thing that strikes me.  I'd think you're either in, or you're out.  If you're in...if your opinion/expertise is valued by the new administration, it seems logical to me that a pathway should exist for continued clearance at the highest level necessary.  It doesn't seem all that complicated to me. I know we can all pretend it is, or should be, but in 2018 it seems like it should be pretty straightforward.  

On the other hand, if you're out, and take great pains to paint yourself as an enemy of the next admin, I see no reason for the new admin to grant you access to the Congressional Fitness Center, let alone classified information.  Assuming clearance can be terminated lawfully, it makes little sense to spend an inordinate amount of time wringing our hands about the lawful termination of access.  In fact, responding to your earlier post, the whole thing is political, isn't it?  Who has access, who gets to stay, who gets to go.  I felt the same way about Trump giving Comey the boot, and let's be fair, at any given time over the preceding year Comey could have been terminated and half the country would have been thrilled, and half would not.  Change the date of the termination by a couple months, and the roles are reversed.  The argument that Trump needs to continue a legacy of access because his predecessor(s) chose to follow a path means nothing to me as a private citizen.  To be honest, I was stunned to find that clearance was treated as part of the gold watch program for departing officials.  Seems like a recipe for disaster to me.  Clapper has been quoted as saying how "petty" Trumps move was.  What world does he live in where he justifies his action against this admin and NOT assume he's' going to get the boot?  And why "petty"?  Is he a valued member of the IC as seen by Trump, or not?  If not, what badge of honor comes with the clearance that makes it simply "petty" and not a "national disgrace the security of the Nation as risk"?    Screw him. 

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

No.  If there was no collusion there shouldn't be ann issue when the investigation is completed.  I am old enough to remember Watergate, and if they had stopped at the same point in the process we would have never had an idea what Nixon did.

Let the investigation play out.

Just now, row_33 said:

at any place of business, with the employee having a completely private life, you can come up with stacks of stuff to get rid of him just because you want to

i guess this is their pacifier to soothe them through 8 years of Trump, dreaming of something that sticks after all this time and money wasted

By the time anything sticks, Trump will well out of office or dead.

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

By the time anything sticks, Trump will well out of office or dead.

we'll all be dead in about 90 or so years, Mueller will soon be ready by then

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm jumping in here late, but here's the thing that strikes me.  I'd think you're either in, or you're out.  If you're in...if your opinion/expertise is valued by the new administration, it seems logical to me that a pathway should exist for continued clearance at the highest level necessary.  It doesn't seem all that complicated to me. I know we can all pretend it is, or should be, but in 2018 it seems like it should be pretty straightforward.  

On the other hand, if you're out, and take great pains to paint yourself as an enemy of the next admin, I see no reason for the new admin to grant you access to the Congressional Fitness Center, let alone classified information.  Assuming clearance can be terminated lawfully, it makes little sense to spend an inordinate amount of time wringing our hands about the lawful termination of access.  In fact, responding to your earlier post, the whole thing is political, isn't it?  Who has access, who gets to stay, who gets to go.  I felt the same way about Trump giving Comey the boot, and let's be fair, at any given time over the preceding year Comey could have been terminated and half the country would have been thrilled, and half would not.  Change the date of the termination by a couple months, and the roles are reversed.  The argument that Trump needs to continue a legacy of access because his predecessor(s) chose to follow a path means nothing to me as a private citizen.  To be honest, I was stunned to find that clearance was treated as part of the gold watch program for departing officials.  Seems like a recipe for disaster to me.  Clapper has been quoted as saying how "petty" Trumps move was.  What world does he live in where he justifies his action against this admin and NOT assume he's' going to get the boot?  And why "petty"?  Is he a valued member of the IC as seen by Trump, or not?  If not, what badge of honor comes with the clearance that makes it simply "petty" and not a "national disgrace the security of the Nation as risk"?    Screw him. 

I think it should be done on a non-partisan basis because I think our national security should be above partisan politics.  Idealistic, I know.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

No.  If there was no collusion there shouldn't be ann issue when the investigation is completed.  I am old enough to remember Watergate, and if they had stopped at the same point in the process we would have never had an idea what Nixon did.

Let the investigation play out.

Trump has been the most investigated President, by a country mile, and they can't find anything yet? This investigation is a waste of time and millions of tax payer dollars, and for what.................... because the Democrats hate this President and they are DESPERATELY trying to get him out of office, only because he is shaking up the traditional BS the politicians do in this country and they don't like it all.

And I say this as someone who didn't vote for Trump.

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Trump has been the most investigated President, by a country mile, and they can't find anything yet? This investigation is a waste of time and millions of tax payer dollars, and for what.................... because the Democrats hate this President and they are DESPERATELY trying to get him out of office, only because he is shaking up the traditional BS the politicians do in this country and they don't like it all.

And I say this as someone who didn't vote for Trump.

How do you address the folks in the campaign like Flynn who have admitted guilt?   

Let him complete his investigation.  Then we'll know.

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

waiting, still waiting, for anything at all....

To be honest, they really should get going, if they have anything after all this time

with all the goofy directions its gone, please they need to show something, I'm just as

curious and would like to know if its true what these people are screaming and throwing 

tantrums about. If they have nothing beyond who the president bonked, they need to give 

up and stop what appears to me is democrat campaigning at this point.

Edited by Kelly101