Not sure Darby actually fits this system?

ajmac

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what you see are guys drafted for a certain system when in fact they fit into more than system and perhaps some better into this system.

Agreed. Plus, good players will play well in almost any system, especially if the coach knows what to do with them. Rex misused a lot of his talent (such as Dareus, who still did his job well in 2014 despite playing a position that essentially minimizes his talents), we have to hope McDermott knows what do with his.

Darby has that closing speed

if you have that....you can play any system

Speed certainly helps in any system, but that's not entirely true. Certain skill sets fit certain systems. Luckily Darby showed he was getting a good feel for zone in college so it looks like he'll be a good fit. Here are a couple scouting reports:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1998179/ronald-darby

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ronald-darby?id=2552689

Of course not

i admit I kind of miss her being part of the Fish. She and Omar Kelly were an entertaining follow during Miami week. He's friends with her and always defended her even when she got arrested because she would come on his radio show. She even had a regular segment.

i admit I kind of miss her being part of the Fish. She and Omar Kelly were an entertaining follow during Miami week. He's friends with her and always defended her even when she got arrested because she would come on his radio show. She even had a regular segment.

I think Omar Kelly has me blocked too. There are 2 people that have me blocked Woj and Omar. One is great and one is Omar Kelly. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think that it is a fair question but I don't worry about Darby. Rex's system is set up to destroy cornerbacks. They aren't protected at all. If Darby regains some of his confidence I expect him to become a good corner again in McDermott's scheme.

that would be my initial reaction. I have confidence on Ronald.

I'm usually quick to point out the bad topics, but i think this is a legitimate question and falls under the football discussion. Compare this topic to other threads, which, rather than asking for input, simply posit an idea and then proceed to criticize everyone who disagrees.

Yep i iike the query

Adolphus Washington? He's actually a better fit in a 4-3 by far. Why would you say he's not?

They all are really. The D line Bills have had and have now

One reason he fits

@pff

Best run defense grades among CBs

Xavier Rhodes, MIN, 86.4

Ronald Darby, BUF, 86.3

Brent Grimes, TB, 83.5

Aqib Talib, DEN, 83.2

Some nice company and definitely very important in this defensive scheme.

Wonder how low Gilmore is on that list! :)

Some nice company and definitely very important in this defensive scheme.

Wonder how low Gilmore is on that list! :)

lets not go there please.

Darby fits just fine.

Kid has good instincts and likes to jump a route or hit.

But tell me again about Poyer?

; )

Darby, Ragland, Shaq, Washington, ... pretty much everyone drafted while Rex was here is now a square peg in a round hole. Part of the fun of switching defenses every two years.

That being said, Darby is probably the least affected. If you can cover then you can cover.

It's the complete opposite with Shaq he didn't fit Rex at all, he is the perfect fit for McDermott.

The idea we would trade Darby is ridiculous. We don't have the luxury of worrying about fit of CBs, we need bodies

lets not go there please.

Darby fits just fine.

Kid has good instincts and likes to jump a route or hit.

But tell me again about Poyer?

; )

Jordan Poyer is going to be what Kurt Coleman became in Carolina imo Edited by YoloinOhio

I always laugh when fans think a player can't excell in multiple schemes.

Goodness, how many has Dareus been a beast in? All of them?

Shaq Lawson will be a great 43 LE, like how he was projected coming out of college.

Ragland is athletic and will be fine as a MIKE or, if need be, a SAM. Hell, he can probably play WILL in a pintch.

These are professional athletes on our Defense who now have decent coaches. Brandon Spikes could probably find a small role to be successful in (34 OLB wasn't one, how crazy...)

Shaq Lawson will be a great 43 LE, like how he was projected coming out of college.

Ragland is athletic and will be fine as a MIKE or, if need be, a SAM. Hell, he can probably play WILL in a pintch.

These are professional athletes on our Defense who now have decent coaches. Brandon Spikes could probably find a small role to be successful in (34 OLB wasn't one, how crazy...)

You got this.

Let them all play and they will find a way.

Exactly!

If anything we got lucky because Rex's scheme is so multiple that every player drafted either played in a 43 at some point or has the versatility to play in a 43

With guys like Shaq and Washington even better suited for a 43 defense!

Ragland is a beast in either defense imo, I think he's going to be a special LB

Seymour/Darby are both DB's and if anything,this scheme will be a huge relief and much easier. Rex's scheme put a ton of pressure on his CB's...