Syracuse native Beth Mowins to call 'MNF' game with Rex Ryan

Does it take away the importance of the Boilermakers hosting the Golden Gophers on an October Saturday afternoon?

Not really but I don't need Rachel Nichols or Michele Beadle to keep the ex NBA'ers in line.

All of Espn, except Lebatard is a bore.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really but I don't need Rachel Nichols or Michele Beadle to keep the ex NBA'ers in line.

All of Espn, except Lebatard is a bore.

I PVR everything and fast forward through all the trash and just watch the pure action of a game.

Sort of sad this includes the first minute of a quarter of an NBA game as they put the action to about 1/5 of the screen to ask "duh... are you happy your team is down 12 points at the half?"

I have never for one second understood why LeBatard is on the air.

Michaels is still the best, in my opinion.

He calls the game without preaching to us.

And most games he calls that I watch are of half-interest so I ditch them as soon as I'm bored or they are garbagetime.

Collinsworth I can do without.

it may be fine, it may be bad, certainly no way to know until it happens. Give her a chance ffs!

Why bother, too much time spent watching games I don't really care about anyway.

I'm the father of two daughters. I don't want sexism to work against them in whatever fields of endeavor they pursue.

So for the sake of daughters everywhere, I always cheer on the advances of women in traditionally male fields.

Congrats to Beth! Great news!

Same here -- girl power!

With all the terrible announcers these days, I can't image she won't hold her own.

they keep trying to grab as many nickels and dimes as they can out of the "untapped" women's market for "various forms of entertainment"

it's just not the same as it is for men who gladly hand over $$$$ for "various forms of entertainment"

Better than listening to Joe Buck

Joe improved with me by his entertaining regular guy affability on podcast and uncensored interviews.

I look forward to the next game where I have enough energy to really get cheezed off at the dumb things they say on the mic.

I guess I'm not that discriminating when it comes to football announcers.

The only guy that ever annoyed me was Dennis Miller on MNF.

Other than that exception, I really haven't cared much who's in the booth.

Dennis was something else.

But they were stuck on what to do for replacing Cosell (your mileage varies there in the first place) after Joe Willie and Mumbles O.J. Simpson epic-ly bombed.

Madden and Michaels were my favorite NFL crew

Summerall and Madden were also right up there.

My requirements have changed. With big screens and better coverage I find I'm not getting any info that I didn't see watching the play.

Radio coverage is good for the NFL, you have a local crew who knows the teams and tells you how they are lining up and anything unusual out there.

TV is all national announcers who fly in on Thursday for the Sunday game and have no inside real knowledge about the team, and show it all game long.

• 3 months later...

I guess I'm not that discriminating when it comes to football announcers.

The only guy that ever annoyed me was Dennis Miller on MNF.

Other than that exception, I really haven't cared much who's in the booth.

Loved Dennis Miller. His jokes were hilarious and he had an obvious rapport with Michaels, who would play off them. It didn't have much to do with football at times , but really funny stuff.