Syracuse native Beth Mowins to call 'MNF' game with Rex Ryan

Would you guys stop with the sexism allegations? Double standards? Seriously? Can't a guy express an opinion about his preference on announcers without the morality police and social justice warriors pointing fingers and screaming foul?

Quite simply: I PREFER MEN ANNOUNCING FOOTBALL OVER WOMEN. Their voices are more in tune with the violent sport I love to watch. There...I said it. And this is coming from the father of two daughters as well (like Hondo above).

Thank you. I prefer honesty as opposed to political correctness for the sake of political correctnes. For this very reason I won't listen to Mike Tirico. He sounds like he is wearing a skirt and his Pom-Poms are just off camera.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's just something about women sports talk shows (like the Saturday morning group of ladies on ESPN) or women announcing football games that makes me cringe. I love women, been married 20+ years, respect them, etc. but I honestly prefer to have a man who has played football or a coach call the game. Just my opinion.

Other than Pat Summerall, I don't know of any play-by-play announcers who played or coached. That's what the "analyst" is for - Rex, in this case.

Could she be worse than Joe Buck?

Madden and Michaels were my favorite NFL crew

Summerall and Madden were also right up there.

Agreed on both counts. Al Michaels is the best in the business, and Madden provided a great comedy relief, even though he wasn't shooting for comedy.

Edited by WhoTom

@theMMQB

The MMQB’s @RichardDeitsch shadowed Beth Mowins & Rex Ryan for a practice game as they prepped for their MNF debut

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/29/beth-mowins-rex-ryan-practice-broadcasting-monday-night-football-game

DIaLgHpUwAAAMrR.jpg

I hope their on air chemistry improves. Their one series appearance on MNF few weeks ago was really bad.

Would you guys stop with the sexism allegations? Double standards? Seriously? Can't a guy express an opinion about his preference on announcers without the morality police and social justice warriors pointing fingers and screaming foul?

Quite simply: I PREFER MEN ANNOUNCING FOOTBALL OVER WOMEN. Their voices are more in tune with the violent sport I love to watch. There...I said it. And this is coming from the father of two daughters as well (like Hondo above).

When you say, "I prefer a particular gender doing a certain job over the other gender" that is, by definition, sexism.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't be surprised when someone calls you a sexist after you make a sexist comment.

When you say, "I prefer a particular gender doing a certain job over the other gender" that is, by definition, sexism.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't be surprised when someone calls you a sexist after you make a sexist comment.

But I prefer my strippers and prostitutes to be female...is that sexist?

But I prefer my strippers and prostitutes to be female...is that sexist?

Nope... in today's world of political correctness you are allowed to prefer the side that is considered to be disenfranchised

Now if you preferred male strippers and prostitutes, that would be sexist.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood