Optimism Anyone?

H2o

Level of Optimism at this Stage  

241 members have voted

1. 1. I know it's early, but where are you at right now?

• Extremely Optimistic - Definitely Expecting​ Playoffs
    • Mildly Optimistic - Expecting Improvement, but no Playoffs
    • Slightly Optimistic - Hoping for the Best, but low Expectations
    • Not Optimistic - This Team is Still Hopeless

Ummm, I have a guess! OK, Rex was a mistake, but Rex is gone. If people thought this would be quick or easy, they were wrong. But I certainly like what I'm seeing lately. No guarantees, but I like the direction, a lot. Lighten up and enjoy.

...exactly bud....look at the whole picture....be bought both franchises and gave those in charge a chance to prove themselves, quite honorable IMO.....Jones bought the 'Girls in 1989 and his first move was to kick the legend Landry to the curb like dirt,,,,a real noble POS.....so with both the Sabres and Bills, TP gave those in charge a chance......they did not so he went to marquis names like LaFontaine and Wrecks...disastrous philosophy.......so now both regimes are gone along with all of their hires at a substantial out of pocket cost to him, which has made a rat's azz bit of difference with all of the recent hirings.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No koolaid for me. This team needs a QB we can get behind that can win us games until one is found they are spinning in snow. Tough schedule, new staff and a QB not good enough I dont expect much this season. With TT at QB this is still Rexs team, 7-9 at best and even that is a stretch.

Edited by xRUSHx

No koolaid for me. This team needs a QB we can get behind that can win us games until one is found they are spinning in snow. Tough schedule, new staff and a QB not good enough I dont expect much this season. With TT at QB this is still Rexs team, 7-9 at best and even that is a stretch.

That's just plain silly. Rex's team? No. Just no. The start of something new. If we do fail this year and it's largely on Tyrod, that will just help us move up for a QB in the next draft. I'm not saying he can't get it done. Rex is GONE! Regardless of win/loss this year.

That's just plain silly. Rex's team? No. Just no. The start of something new. If we do fail this year and it's largely on Tyrod, that will just help us move up for a QB in the next draft. I'm not saying he can't get it done. Rex is GONE! Regardless of win/loss this year.

Same QB so this new staff will be on display, can they do better then Rex with the exact same QB Rex had to dumb down the system for? Remember teams called out how to stop Tyrod, make him be a QB. Edited by xRUSHx

I believe that overall most of us are optimistic about the future with the hires that have been made. This looks like the best alignment we have had since the late 90's to me. Experienced, but relatively young individuals who have worked their way up through the ranks of other organizations. They also seem to come along with success to show of from their previous stints with other teams. I can't look at any of the guys we hired and say "well, that was a bottom of the barrel signing." Things seem to be looking up around here.

As far as this season goes by itself? I want to see how the defense performs under McDermott's and Frazier's tutelage. I want to see them get back to a top 5 unit to make the whole world see Rex for the clown he is. I want him to have to answer questions about why the Bills defense looks so much better now that he's gone. The offense? I don't really know what to expect outside of Shady getting 1,200+ and 10 TD's. Hopefully the Dennison system helps to bring balance and one of the QB's on the roster can run it successfully.

Edited by H2o

I voted mildly optimistic as that was best choice to pick from. Overall long term I'm much more than mildly, but short term, don't expect playoffs this year. Folks in charge certainly seem to have a good handle on things based on what is being said and how things have been done in the very short term. Granted not much experience at the very top, but have people under them with good experience. Conversely not a bunch of people who are use to doing it the old way either which feel is a good thing.

How well they do will be decided by QB play which is true for every team in the league. But also don't fualt them if they don't find one as more than half the teams in the league have been looking for one with less than good success. Just as Whaley before them and Nix before that, they can join the league wide club of front offices not lucky enough to stumble onto that guy. Though do feel good about NP, only concern is arm strength.

Same QB so this new staff will be on display, can they do better then Rex with the exact same QB Rex had to dumb down the system for? Remember teams called out how to stop Tyrod, make him be a QB.

I wonder if you have the capability of making a post that does not have the word "qb" in it

Try it.....tastes like chicken

As far as this season goes by itself? I want to see how the defense performs under McDermott's and Frazier's tutelage. I want to see them get back to a top 5 unit to make the whole world see Rex for the clown he is. I want him to have to answer questions about why the Bills defense looks so much better now that he's gone.

That would be awesome, not least because I think we'd win double digit games.

One thing is for sure... Rex, as ever, would be clear on whose fault it wasn't. One day he will take some responsibility.

Same QB so this new staff will be on display, can they do better then Rex with the exact same QB Rex had to dumb down the system for? Remember teams called out how to stop Tyrod, make him be a QB.

If Sean McDermott wins less than 8 games next year with a better roster than what Rex had (according to people here) will they call for him to be shown the door?

If Sean McDermott wins less than 8 games next year with a better roster than what Rex had (according to people here) will they call for him to be shown the door?

If McDangerous can make sure there's 11 guys on the field at all times I'll give him a few years.

​So you give a coach and gm one year to get their stuff together and turn a team around or fire them? That is more backwards than any choice Pegula has made.

I am optimistic...we finally have adult leadership with McDermott and Beane. The AFC East is competitive, but we should at least hit 8-8. The more important aspect is that we will build the foundation to replace the "soon to spend the rest of their short life in agonizing pain" Patriots when Tom retires in a year or two.

I can't see Taylor just all of a sudden become a better than average passer. We had the top rushing attack again with Shady being healthy for most of the year. The defense might improve very slightly but the talent is not there to carry this team to a few wins.

Taylor cannot carry this team on his shoulders, we lost more talent then we gained and the schedule looks to be very difficult. I would be absolutely floored if this team won more than 6 games with a new coaching staff and all the turnover.

I am optimistic about the future having two 1st rd picks next year with the possibility of a good FA and a good draft. I just don't see it happening this year.