When you pass away- what's your plan? Cremation? 6' under?

mead107

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about this lately. Being retired military I can go into any veterans cemetary for nothing but my kids don't live anywhere near me and most likely my family here in WNY will be gone before I am. So I'm leaning towards cremation. There wouldn't be anyone to visit my grave anyway. Been dealing with a lot of death lately. My gf lost her mom a little over a year ago, and her brother committed suicide last month after suffering from PTSD due to a deployment to Afghanistan. They were both cremated and she has an urn charm for both of them. Seems a little creepy to carry around ashes but to each their own I guess.

Cremation seems to be a more popular option these days. Maybe people see cemeteries and think about free land getting short.

Thinking combining golf courses and cemeteries might work with plots in areas between them. Would need a good landscape architect.

I plan on being cremated and having my ashes included in a reef ball and then residing in the Atlantic as an artificial reef.

i saw a show on this, and though this was by far the coolest way to go.

that being said, they can throw my body in the dumpster for all i care. i may donate my body to science, and the thought of having medical students looking at my junk sits well with me for some reason.

I did not know about that...how do you do that as i am 100% on board

genesislegacy.org (Memphis, TN....we moved to Memphis 20 years ago). Or, any local medical school in your area.

Edited by G-Daddy

I want my naked corpse to be tied to a John Deer tractor with a boombox blasting "Flight of the Valkyries" and a couple of roman candles going off at all times. Set me on a course through Manhattan to LA and ideally I'll ride off into the sunset crossing this great nation. I just hope the technology exists to make this happen.