What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

Win what? We have a QB that if everything falls into place perfectly could sneak into the playoffs. That's a Ryan Fitzpatrick type. If we hitch our wagon to another team's backup QB for the next 2 years I believe we will be hiring a new coach and GM in 2019.

Just because Fitzy and TT have similar success so far their games are nothing alike

The first time Fitz doesnt kill a teams chances with a turnover will be a notible event

Tyrod doesnt do that....he just hasnt won a game with his arm......but it will not be because of a deflating turnover

Just because Fitzy and TT have similar success so far their games are nothing alike

The first time Fitz doesnt kill a teams chances with a turnover will be a notible event

Tyrod doesnt do that....he just hasnt won a game with his arm......but it will not be because of a deflating turnover

Different strengths and weaknesses but same tier in my opinion. I do give Tyrod a slight edge over Fitz.

Different strengths and weaknesses but same tier in my opinion. I do give Tyrod a slight edge over Fitz.

I guess it depends on what your looking for.....

For instance I think Alex Smith and Tyrod Taylor are totally interchangable......I consider TT to be at that Tier

Fitz.....I would love him as my backup but I hate how he giftwraps the ball when the game is on the line....you just KNOW he is gonna throw the pick and your waiting for it when you watch the games

When Tyrod throws a interception and isnt protecting the ball it happens so seldom that you actually dont expect it

"Tyrod Taylor, he did a lot of things this year and last year that a lot of quarterbacks in the NFL cannot do. But consistently, he just wasn't what we needed. He had to be more consistent on his throws. When we needed the first down to move the chains to win games, when we needed the first down to move the chains to continue that control of the ball to take time off the clock, we just didn't have that there."

Jim Kelly

I agree.

Anyways, enough on Tyrod. There is a Transplant thread if you wish to debate that. I have no interest.

Edited by jeffismagic

"Tyrod Taylor, he did a lot of things this year and last year that a lot of quarterbacks in the NFL cannot do. But consistently, he just wasn't what we needed. He had to be more consistent on his throws. When we needed the first down to move the chains to win games, when we needed the first down to move the chains to continue that control of the ball to take time off the clock, we just didn't have that there."

Jim Kelly

I agree.

I am referring to your comparing of Fitz to TT....it would be interesting to see what Jim Kelly's evaluation of Fitz would be at this point.

Except "potential" is double fold next year, where you're hoping that A. The potential better class does exist and B. The QB prospect we could get will have as much or more potential.

Will that first rounder help us much in getting a QB next year? Maybe, but maybe not.

Bird in the hand.

Potential and quantity is greater next year. Plus having two first round picks allows them to move up higher than this year. Potentially.

It's an interesting point. Fitz will lose you a game. But he's definitely won more games on his own than Tyrod.

I'd also argue that Tyrod has the better supporting cast than when Fitz was here. But they and guys like Alex Smith are in the same mold. Guys good enough to start but ultimately leave you wanting more. Peterman sounds like a guy that might be like that too if he is good to start in the NFL.

This has about as much chance of happening as me becoming president of the USA. Mahomes was the best QB in the draft. not only that he was the best player in this draft. he is the next Rogers or Farve. if you paid attention to what the KC chiefs GM said about Mahomes, he said he was a once in a life time talent. His talent does not come around very often. then he goes on to say the Chiefs are set at QB for the next 12 years. So keep drinking the cool aid from a team that has no idea what there doing. we would rather draft position players then draft a QB. The Bills screwed the pooch on this one and those fans that supported trading out of the 10 spot will have to live with that the rest of there posting careers on Two Bills Drive.

Posts like this are why I keep coming back here

I don't know that even if Mahomes turns out to be a good starting NFL QB that you can say the Bills screwed up.

First - Andy Reid is definitely among the best coaches in the NFL, and I agree as others have said in this thread that he can be viewed as one of the better coaches at getting the most from his QBs.

But that also makes it plausible to say that if Mahomes is developed into a good starting QB in KC, that it might not have happened had Buffalo drafted him. Obviously part of developing a QB is his God given talent, but then another, maybe equally important part, is how that QB is developed, the team that he has around him and being put in a position to succeed.

KC was just in a different position than Buffalo. They have a very well established coach and GM who both have a ton of job security. They've spent YEARS slowly building that team up. They have an excellent and very strong team all around, that's had some sustained success. They had very few holes to fill on that team and actually still had a bunch of draft picks left even after trading their 1st and 3rd.

They were in a position to take a shot on a rookie QB who they can slowly develop and eventually plug into a strong team with a strong supporting cast.

They spent the time building and improving all areas of that team over the years that they're now in a position where the only thing that is holding them back from being perennial Super Bowl champs (or at least contenders) is a better QB.

They didn't attempt to draft a 1st round QB in their first years with the team.

Buffalo is not in that same position.

Win what? We have a QB that if everything falls into place perfectly could sneak into the playoffs. That's a Ryan Fitzpatrick type. If we hitch our wagon to another team's backup QB for the next 2 years I believe we will be hiring a new coach and GM in 2019.

We would have "snuck into the playoffs" last year if our defense hadn't given up 200 rushing yards in 3 separate games. The team's ceiling with Tyrod at QB is much higher than you give it credit for. Tyrod + Seahawks defense in 2013 = Super Bowl win. Sure I'd prefer a QB like Brady or Rodgers but Tyrod isn't bad at all if your goal is to win a Super Bowl. Keep on building the team with 1st round talent and drafting QBs in round 2 or later. We'll be fine if the coaches have a clue.

I don't know that even if Mahomes turns out to be a good starting NFL QB that you can say the Bills screwed up.

First - Andy Reid is definitely among the best coaches in the NFL, and I agree as others have said in this thread that he can be viewed as one of the better coaches at getting the most from his QBs.

But that also makes it plausible to say that if Mahomes is developed into a good starting QB in KC, that it might not have happened had Buffalo drafted him. Obviously part of developing a QB is his God given talent, but then another, maybe equally important part, is how that QB is developed, the team that he has around him and being put in a position to succeed.

KC was just in a different position than Buffalo. They have a very well established coach and GM who both have a ton of job security. They've spent YEARS slowly building that team up. They have an excellent and very strong team all around, that's had some sustained success. They had very few holes to fill on that team and actually still had a bunch of draft picks left even after trading their 1st and 3rd.

They were in a position to take a shot on a rookie QB who they can slowly develop and eventually plug into a strong team with a strong supporting cast.

They spent the time building and improving all areas of that team over the years that they're now in a position where the only thing that is holding them back from being perennial Super Bowl champs (or at least contenders) is a better QB.

They didn't attempt to draft a 1st round QB in their first years with the team.

Buffalo is not in that same position.

No way to make that determination. And are you saying that the Bills shouldn't take a quarterback next year because they don't have someone to develop him?

We would have "snuck into the playoffs" last year if our defense hadn't given up 200 rushing yards in 3 separate games. The team's ceiling with Tyrod at QB is much higher than you give it credit for. Tyrod + Seahawks defense in 2013 = Super Bowl win. Sure I'd prefer a QB like Brady or Rodgers but Tyrod isn't bad at all if your goal is to win a Super Bowl. Keep on building the team with 1st round talent and drafting QBs in round 2 or later. We'll be fine if the coaches have a clue.

I don't get this.

Mahomes can spit farther than Peterman can throw. Lets draw a line between optimism and delusion shall we?

So throwing a ball far is the only indicator of success for a QB?

No spitting is for some posters. He will never clean his shirt after being spitted on.