Beane hired as GM

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based upon every key decision he has made since he has been here. The only hope for this pair rests in Beane having a bigger vision and convincing Sean to broaden his horizons.

Sorry, dude, you'll have to be a touch more specific with your "can't see the big picture" assertion.

Sorry, dude, you'll have to be a touch more specific with your "can't see the big picture" assertion.

If someone has a McDermott thread I will be glad to create an itemized list.

This is a Beane thread.

Edited by jeffismagic

Please don't. Do you never rest?

.....c'mon Augie, you'd think the rarified air on his HIGH HORSE would cause him to think otherwise....not a fuggin' chance......self appointed "Prince of the Bully pulpit"....good Lord...............

If you allow me I'll answer your question directed at Jeff because the both of us are very aligned on this issue. We both believe that the first priority of this franchise is to get a good qb prospect or a good qb by any means on the roster sooner rather than later. I believe, as he does, that the Bills were in a good position to draft a high end prospect in Mahomes or Watkins with our first round pick at the ten spot. McDermott traded out of the spot allowing KC to draft a qb that at the time our denuded GM, Whaley, wanted to do.

McDermott who was in control of the football operation at the draft decided to trade down to acquire more picks. He used the lower pick to select a cb and pocketed a first round pick for next year. Was it the right move for the defensive oriented HC to make? My opinion is no but the majority of people believe otherwise.

My contention (and his) is that this vacillating mind-set to use a high pick on a qb in the draft has resulted in this franchise to be stuck in the muck of mediocrity for more than a generation. The Bills have not had a legitimate franchise qb since the retirement of Kelly. That is more than two decades ago. It's not surprising that our lack of participation in the playoffs very much parallels the time where we have had a void at that position.

If you allow me I'll answer your question directed at Jeff because the both of us are very aligned on this issue. We both believe that the first priority of this franchise is to get a good qb prospect or a good qb by any means on the roster sooner rather than later. I believe, as he does, that the Bills were in a good position to draft a high end prospect in Mahomes or Watkins with our first round pick at the ten spot. McDermott traded out of the spot allowing KC to draft a qb that at the time our denuded GM, Whaley, wanted to do.

McDermott who was in control of the football operation at the draft decided to trade down to acquire more picks. He used the lower pick to select a cb and pocketed a first round pick for next year. Was it the right move for the defensive oriented HC to make? My opinion is no but the majority of people believe otherwise.

My contention (and his) is that this vacillating mind-set to use a high pick on a qb in the draft has resulted in this franchise to be stuck in the muck of mediocrity for more than a generation. The Bills have not had a legitimate franchise qb since the retirement of Kelly. That is more than two decades ago. It's not surprising that our lack of participation in the playoffs very much parallels the time where we have had a void at that position.

Thanks for answering. I vehemently disagree that not selecting a QB with pick #10 in a draft devoid of any "sure fire" franchise players at the position equates to "not seeing the big picture."

The success of the pairing rests on Beane's ability to have a football vision and sell Sean on it.

I see Sean as another defensive coordinator coach who lacks the ability to see the big picture and is going to try Jauron his way to wins with a bend but don't break defense.

Does Beane have a vision? Can he sell it to Sean?

I eagerly await the Beane press conference.

What makes you think he cant see the big picture? Is there anything to substantiate that? Or,is it just how "you see" it?He's done nothing either way to this point...

Josh Norman is a fan

@j_no24

Well that's escalated quickly, @buffalobills You guys got a Gem' in my guy Beane..

No need for luck with him

No hard feelings? Huh....

Good sign, I guess.

No hard feelings? Huh....

Good sign, I guess.

Josh Norman is with the Redskins now. Can't imagine he is harboring hard feelings for us snatching his old GM from his old team.

Or am I misinterpreting?

Edited by What a Tuel

I have the most luke-warm impressions about this hire and this tandem. Maybe it's a good thing. My expectations are low for these two. I won't be surprised if Bills are still a middling team by their end of their tenure 4 years is it? from now.