Mychal Kendricks trade target?

I read that Kendricks may be available via trade. I think our biggest hole is at weakside LB. We could really use an athletic guy there who has started before in the NFL. Would it make sense to offer up Preston Brown (who had his best season under Schwartz and is on an expiring contract) and a later round pick for Kendricks?

I read that Kendricks may be available via trade. I think our biggest hole is at weakside LB. We could really use an athletic guy there who has started before in the NFL. Would it make sense to offer up Preston Brown (who had his best season under Schwartz and is on an expiring contract) and a later round pick for Kendricks?

Maybe Kendricks is faster and would be a better fit for our scheme but Brown is the better LB so why would we give a pick.

I think my question would be why Schwartz doesn't want him. If he's cut i would bring him in, unsure about trading assets

$4.35m of his base is guaranteed this year so he's not getting cut. Easy cut after '17 though.

Keep saying it, Gerald Hodges. The 3-month anniversary of me fighting for this one :D - http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/06/could-lb-gerald-hodges-be-a-2017-nfl-free-agent-target-for-the-bills/

$4.35m of his base is guaranteed this year so he's not getting cut. Easy cut after '17 though.

Keep saying it, Gerald Hodges. The 3-month anniversary of me fighting for this one :D - http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/06/could-lb-gerald-hodges-be-a-2017-nfl-free-agent-target-for-the-bills/

I see Hodges as the best fit out there for sure. The fact that he still hasn't signed a contract gives me the sense that his contract $ will be low. Why not take a flyer?

Maybe Kendricks is faster and would be a better fit for our scheme but Brown is the better LB so why would we give a pick.

oh man. This is hilarious

Hodges makes too much sense. Can't believe we haven't brought him in for a visit.

I've heard that McDerm uses a lot of two LB sets so it would be Ragland and Alexander with Preston backing up. Not sure either would agree to that trade.

Hodges may already have an agreement in place for post May 12 or whatever the day is that FA's stop counting against compensatory formula.

Hopefully he does and it's with the Bills.

I just wish there were young options as good at DE, S and RB available.

You make a good point about the potential attractiveness of Brown for Schwarz. But i'd rather have a 2018 3rd round pick for Preston Brown and use this years additional cap space to sign a cheaper WILL after roster cuts.

But we have no clue if Ragaland will be back @ 100%

Hodges may already have an agreement in place for post May 12 or whatever the day is that FA's stop counting against compensatory formula.

Hopefully he does and it's with the Bills.

I just wish there were young options as good at DE, S and RB available.

I read that the deadline was the 9th so we should see movement on that front fairly shortly if that's the case. Hadn't really considered that.

Too good a player to be unemployed at this point otherwise. Unless there's more to his off-field ill-discipline than meets the eye.