The Crying Game: Consolidated thread for the downers

there's a ton of anger in this thread.

no ****. I'd be fine removing anyone posting in this thread more than 4 times sans maybe 2. There is nothing good in his thread and it just makes it easier to avoid an entire thread.

Too ba we can't build a wall around this thread.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about your crusade? Everything OBD does is great until it goes sour then you slither off and find ground somewhere else. Inbetween doing that your badgering new posters who are discussing their takes and providing reasons for them. Why? Do you suppose you're a bigger fan because of the endless optimism? You contradict yourself continuously while doing this.

Nice soft let down on Whaley in the other thread. "To much back fighting" that's the end result for you? Is that being a productive member of the community? From one of Whaley's biggest defenders and that's what you offer up?

What does JFH want at GM? Did you say football guys who understand football? So let me guess...who ever they pick is perfect! I don't think they are interviewing baseball guys! Sheesh.

Be a little more tolerable of opinions that run contrary to yours and stop waving that flag of blind optimism. Perhaps, burn it. So you won't be so tempted to look foolish.

Opinions are fine as we've said. Crusades of negativism by a few who say the same things over and over and over is tiresome and a waste of time. Having said that, optimism is not nearly as bad. All it sells is hope. Not blind optimisim, but optimism. And, since people here are not experts and don't know the inner workings of the process as well as they think they do, what else can you do? This is just a fan board, short for fanatic. Crusading that its been 17 years and the Bills suck is trolling. Say it once and let it go, don't interfere in every thread that has anything positive in it and try change the discussion to TT sucks or something of that ilk. Have a discussion with evidence, not the same schtick over and over.

Edited by horned dogs

Pot....meet kettle

you crusade more than anyone here and because of that face he wrath or over 9000 replies. When pressed to discuss your opinion further you begin playing victim, you say just wait and see, and every single time take the easy way out.

If you wan to call someone a pot or a kettle that you're the size of a cement mixer in this regard.

Constructive criticism, but back down some times. There is no winning or losing an internet argument.

you crusade more than anyone here and because of that face he wrath or over 9000 replies. When pressed to discuss your opinion further you begin playing victim, you say just wait and see, and every single time take the easy way out.

If you wan to call someone a pot or a kettle that you're the size of a cement mixer in this regard.

Constructive criticism, but back down some times. There is no winning or losing an internet argument.

Boyst, is English your first language?

Explain what?

The Bills suck, and have sucked for 17-18 years now.

What self righteous fan gets on the internet and tells other fans how to act and feel towards their team.

Guess what - Jeffsmagic and all the other "negative Nancies" are right year after year. So stop trying to convince.

Do you want honest discussion about the state of the Bills or just stuff that makes people "feel good".

Then stop being a fan if it makes you this upset.

Its just a form of entertainment nothing more. Most of us don't want ot wade thru post after post of why this sucks or that sucks. It pollutes the board and makes it a crappy place to hang

Im not happy with our drought but I won't pollute the board with numerous chest pounding posts whining constantly because our team hasn't been to the playoffs. OH WELL move on to something important in your life

I'll take an honest discussion. So honestly tell me why someone who professes to be a supporter of one team would have stuff on their avatar of another team. It just doesn't add up in my mind, but I'm open to your thoughts on that.

Also, since we're talking honest discussions here, explain to me when you post something that says the Bills have not done anything to strengthen depth behind their DTs and that they have no DE's other than Hughes, and it is pointed out to you that they just drafted a DE and DT last year, why you cannot be honest and admit you may have been mistaken.

I like having honest discussions/ Tp have them, though, it would require two things: 1. people respond to the actual comments and questions being made, and 2. that people do not ignore facts because they are in contrast to their preconceived opinions.

I stand by what I said and did not stutter. The Bills Defensive Front 7 depth is poor and they routinely neglect DT as a position group. In the past 12 drafts they have selected 6 DTs across 4 total drafts. Kyle Williams (5th), Troup (2nd), Carrington (3rd), Dareus (1st), Jasper (7th), Washington (3rd).

Let's pull up the depth chart....

Our starting DE's are: Jerry Hughes and Shaq Lawson. After those two we have: Ryan Davis, Jake Metz, Ian Seau, Max Valles

At DT we have Dareus and 34-year old Kyle Williams, after that its - Deandre Coleman, Adolphous Washington (*benched last year as time went on), Jerel Worthy.

At Linebacker - We have Preston Brown - who is ok, Ragland, Lorenzo Alexander. Then its late rounders and street FAs - Humber, Eddie Yarbrough, Tanner Vallejo, Junior Sylvestre, Matt Milano, Jacob Lindsey.

Bills get run over almost every season on the ground. Since 2005, 10 of 12 seasons, 22nd or worse against the run.

I stand by what I said about no depth.

The Bills routinely neglect the DL and have since the Stroud trade.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

some of the board members be like...

9C0UxA4.gif

if the bills make you this upset, as it does some specific choice members, time to take a step back. it's a game. it's supposed to be fun. learn to deal with those angry/upset emotions instead of screaming, "17 years!!!!!"

sack up.

Oh great 100 posts and we have another 17+ years guy. Yippee. See Chicago Cubs

Great argument-not. Takes no courage at all.

Yeah and honest discussion would be awesome, try it some time.

Just remember always that :

A. It's been 17 years

and

B. The Bills suck

No other points need to be made. :wallbash:

What are the reasons this team is going to win the 10 or so games its going to take to compete for the last Wildcard?

Where are they better? Coach, and that's it?

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

What are the reasons this team is going to win the 10 or so games its going to take to compete for the last Wildcard?

huckle...the bills just aren't fun for you anymore. don't you think it's just time to move onto something else?

i don't get why people use their time to be angry on a message board. no one know if next year will be any different, which is why we watch, and why we're all excited when a new season starts.

It is completely unfair to call out people down on this team. I'm an optomist every year but let's face it if you put money on the bills winning less than 9 games every year you would win most seasons. Our biggest problem is the patriots but I think it's fair for people to assume we are making wrong moves because that's just what the bills do

Hey bud. It is called hope and excitement. We have a new coach, will soon have a new GM and perhaps another young guy from a successful organization. You never know when that mix is going to be just right and boy it is exciting and fun when it does. I don't know, you don't know, McDermott doesn't even know, when that will happen. I'm sure people were dubious when Lombardi, the old NYG OC went to GB, or when Walsh the old never was went to SF, or even the ultra boring Browns coach BB who was hired by Kraft. Heck those around it in 1986 had doubts about the regime with Polian and Levy in place. The point is it is a new beginning. For all we know, the offense could be outstanding this year and McD gets the D up to snuff, he doesn't have an undisciplined team that beats itself like RR, and we get a little luck along the way. It happens.

It is completely unfair to call out people down on this team. I'm an optomist every year but let's face it if you put money on the bills winning less than 9 games every year you would win most seasons. Our biggest problem is the patriots but I think it's fair for people to assume we are making wrong moves because that's just what the bills do

And where does that get you?

Edited by horned dogs

Hey bud. It is called hope and excitement. We have a new coach, will soon have a new GM and perhaps another young guy from a successful organization. You never know when that mix is going to be just right and boy it is exciting and fun when it does. I don't know, you don't know, McDermott doesn't even know, when that will happen. I'm sure people were dubious when Lombardi, the old NYG OC went to GB, or when Walsh the old never was went to SF, or even the ultra boring Browns coach BB who was hired by Kraft. Heck those around it 1986 had doubts about the regime with Polian and Levy in place. The point is it is a new beginning. For all we know, the offense could be outstanding this year and McD gets the D up to snuff, he doesn't have an undisciplined team that beats itself like RR, and we get a little luck along the way. It happens.

And where does that get you?

this is it. i really don't know why anyone would approach it anyway but this, if nothing else but for their own sanity. i just wouldn't watch if it wasn't for a hopeful attitude.

A better coach is worth 3 wins

Where are they better? Is this a serious question? Do you just not pay attention to anything and blindly remain in a constant state of misery and negativity?

Let me help you with the painfully obvious you can't seem to see any positives in:

1. Already better with a healthy Sammy. There is no reason to believe Sammy wont be healthy week 1, I am sure you think otherwise, but he is right on track and until something happens to change that, I expect him ready to play.

2. Overall WR Group is already better in addition to healthy Sammy, with Zay and Free Agency - No gimpy and stumbling Woods, No gimpy Goodwin, No beyond gimpy/can't play a down Harvin. Having our better guys on the field, and having a group thats overall better than last is already a big improvement.

3. Shaq Lawson is back and going to have a full camp under a better coach and system.

4. Reggie Ragland is back and ready to show why he was a top prospect last year before injury.

5. We are better at Safety with Hyde (I like AW but you can't help the team on the sidelines).

6. We have new coaches who fit our personnel better and also bring discipline, that alone is better than last 2 years.

7. We look to have a better RT even before our draft class hits the field.

8. Our best DL in Dareus here for the full season.

9. White vs Gilmore is a much bigger set of shoes to fill, but I think our overall secondary play should be better with our front 7 at full force now and Hyde behind our DB's.

10. Hughes - Nothing has changed with him, but he can be that more impactful when we are at full strength around him in Dareus, Shaq, Rags, Kyle, etc...plus can't wait to see how the system fits him.

Last but not least - There is reason to look at QB and say we are better there this year than last year too. TT is now coming into his 3rd year (still doesn't have 2 full seasons of games started), but most importantly we are not firing our OC in week 2, he has better weapons, he has his best weapon back, and we have what looks to be a more competent staff. His biggest single flaw was pulling his eyes too soon to look for running lanes causing him to not have the patience to see plays develop or come open. 2 big contributors to that were his complete green light from Rex and Company to run at will, and his lack of confidence/trust/rapport with the scrubs that mostly suited up at WR last year due to injuries. We were so desperate we picked up cast offs and has beens off the street during the season to START. Add in the turn style play on the right side of the line last year, and there are reasons to sit back and look at our QB play and think it will likely be better this year than last year. And considering our O was one of the top scoring offenses in the NFL with TT and scrubs at WR, its pretty easy to think the passing game can and should improve this year.

And before anyone makes any dumb comments pretending that I am predicting we are winning 10+ games or that TT establishes himself as the man this year....you are wrong. I am answering the question in the post above that asked "where are we better" and the things listed above or places that currently look like we are better at. ONLY the play on the field will determine the true reality if we are better/worse/same at those positions and as a team. But if you can't look at that list and think we could very well be better at those spots, then you more than likely can't ever see anything positive with this team and would rather just wallow in misery.

It's not about being down on the Bills. I'm down on the Bills. The problem is the constant whining and crying about the same things by the same people in every thread. It makes this TDB a much less enjoyable place for the majority