2015 All Over Again...

I dont get the feeling this is 2015 at all.....but they have to prove it on the field

I just get this feeling that when the games are over analysts will be talking about how the team did not beat itself with stupid penalties and lack of communication on the field

THAT ALONE is going to be worth a few wins

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get the feeling this is 2015 at all.....but they have to prove it on the field

I just get this feeling that when the games are over analysts will be talking about how the team did not beat itself with stupid penalties and lack of communication on the field

THAT ALONE is going to be worth a few wins

They may not look like idiots but I don't see more wins because of it. On paper they look like the same team. At best they could match 2015 record and that's not a playoff run it's just a late pic and out of the top QB draft once again.

They may not look like idiots but I don't see more wins because of it. On paper they look like the same team. At best they could match 2015 record and that's not a playoff run it's just a late pic and out of the top QB draft once again.

How many offensive drives stalled do to a untimely holding penalty

How many opponents offensive drives continued because of a untimely stupid penalty

It absolutely makes a difference when you fact that our O was top 10 in scoring but our D could not stop anybody

allow 1 less touchdown a game and our record looks MUCH different

How many offensive drives stalled do to a untimely holding penalty

How many opponents offensive drives continued because of a untimely stupid penalty

It absolutely makes a difference when you fact that our O was top 10 in scoring but our D could not stop anybody

allow 1 less touchdown a game and our record looks MUCH different

Absolutely. Don't allow 3 200 yard rushers...maybe a few more wins.

If Shady twinges his hamstring, I could see us in the 18-20 offensive range.

injuries can happen to any team

that said....the bills have done pretty well overcoming rb injuries in the past once they moved on from having specific scrubs on the team

We just dont have the star power past Shady....it would be unknown guys like Jonathan Williams....who will be 2 years removed from that injury his last year of college.

I believe the word "scheme fit" comes up often, as it should. This type of scheme which is quite different than what Jim Scwartz was running but I think this is a better fit for Jerry Hughes, Marcel Dareus and Shaq Lawson, that being said we still don't know what we have in MLB Reggie Ragland or if Lorenzo Alexander can live up to last years lofty expectations, this LB group is definitely a weak link but I expect us to be a better group collectively with coaches who will push the players and get the most out of them, that's the hope anyways.

I think this year is much different than 2015, actually, but agree that most of it is based on whether or not you believe that McDermott is doing the right thing. And I also will acknowledge that it's tough to say right now given that McD is an unknown.

As for 2017, I am not super optimistic. In the longer term, I am more optimistic. I think McD is a good hire, based on what he's done so far. For example:

- Renegotiating TT

- Trading back in Rd 1 and getting some ammo for 2018

- Putting Sammy on a play and get paid year, giving us more options in case SW is damaged goods

Time will tell, but what baffles me are the prophets that are CERTAIN they know what will happen with this team.

I believe the word "scheme fit" comes up often, as it should. This type of scheme which is quite different than what Jim Scwartz was running but I think this is a better fit for Jerry Hughes, Marcel Dareus and Shaq Lawson, that being said we still don't know what we have in MLB Reggie Ragland or if Lorenzo Alexander can live up to last years lofty expectations, this LB group is definitely a weak link but I expect us to be a better group collectively with coaches who will push the players and get the most out of them, that's the hope anyways.

good post.

I believe they show much improvement from the disaster that was rex ryan.

I think Roman was the master designer and A Lynn was a better playcaller.

I think that's right. Roman is a great offensive mind. Lynn used that system but scaled things back to the point where the offense could play fast.

Edited by dave mcbride

Roman has been skewered for limiting Taylor's playbook. That's an unfair take on Roman's handling of TT and the offense. Roman is a respected offensive coordinator who no doubt favors the run game more than most coordinators. He's now the OC for Baltimore. What he did exceptionally well when he was with the Bills is manage Taylor's limitations and exploit as much as possible his strengths. Taylor had half a playbook to work with because he couldn't execute the other half. There weren't many middle of the field throws or seam routes or second or third read passes because he wasn't good at that area of the passing game. Surprisingly, TT throws one of the best long balls in the game.

When a player playing any position has weaknesses/vulnerabilities as time goes by they will be exploited. What the Bills have done well in the recent past, most notably the run game, will be taken away. My concern with TT as a qb isn't that there are things that he does well, because he does do some things well, my concern is over the things that he doesn't do well and most likely will never upgrade enough in those areas to become a more well rounded qb who can run a more well rounded offense.

Thanks John, this post does a great job of summing up my concerns. What happens when/if Dennison finds out that TT can't/won't throw the ball to a receiver in stride or go to a second read? To me, how they handle TT, especially in regard to moving the pocket to open up throwing lanes and getting him to take a few chances is what's going to dictate how this season pans out. This place will explode if we take 1 step forward on D and 2 steps back on O.

At this point, I expect 0-16 going into every season. Just so I can feel good about finishing with 4-8 wins, and a playoff miss. :bag:

Like Confucius said, the eternal pessimist is the only man every truly pleasantly surprised.

Thanks John, this post does a great job of summing up my concerns. What happens when/if Dennison finds out that TT can't/won't throw the ball to a receiver in stride or go to a second read? To me, how they handle TT, especially in regard to moving the pocket to open up throwing lanes and getting him to take a few chances is what's going to dictate how this season pans out. This place will explode if we take 1 step forward on D and 2 steps back on O.

Like Confucius said, the eternal pessimist is the only man every truly pleasantly surprised.

so it alllll works its way back to the qb

- Not the defense that gave up 300 yard rushers

- Not the injuries on offense to key players

- Not the coaching that caused horrible communication on the field

- Not the atrocious undiciplined play that caused drives to continue against us and stalled drives when we had the ball

- Not a blue chip DT who is supposed to be the foundation of our defense

It alllll works its way back to the qb

You really think Dennison doesn't have a feel for how Tyrod will perform after being his QB coach for an NFL season?

I am putting a lot on Ragland. If he is good, our defense will be better. McDermott will put in good schemes. We won't stop Brady, but the schemes will be good.

I was pretty confident with Rex, but I was also concerned with how we rolled over the Jets the last couple years. They looked disorganized on D and pathetic.

You really think Dennison doesn't have a feel for how Tyrod will perform after being his QB coach for an NFL season?

I sure hope so, but that's all it is, hope. It was 3 years ago, and for the record, Tyrod only played in 1 game that year and had no passing or rushing attempts, as far as I could tell.