Aaron Williams visiting the Jags today

I understand everyone is fearful for him, and rightfully so. However, we need to understand that true competitors can't walk away from the game. He's a guy who gives everything week after week. He plays like a man possessed every Sunday. Stepping back onto the field probably isn't the safest choice. It's just the only choice a guy like AW would make. He loved the game. People aren't good at walking away from things they love, even if it will hurt them.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

He was a good player for Marrone.

He was good player for Jim Schwartz. But obviously, it was Marrone's pep talks that inspired the defense. :)

And like others, I wish someone should save him from himself. If that midget Landry could do that to him, imagine him coming up to tackle Blount or Gronk. Scary stuff and he is a great guy. Be a coach Aaron.

I honestly don't know what I think about this. It's impossible for me to believe any doctor anywhere would tell a guy like Aaron that it's okay to play NFL football, the way Aaron Williams plays, if there was ANY likelihood he could or would suffer permanent damage. To me if a doctor thought there was a 5% chance they would advise him not to play. I know these guys never want to give up, but I really can't see him trying to play if his wife, dad, doctor, agent, friends, family, etc, said there is a real chance you will be really hurt. Everyone knows what we do and more.

He was good player for Jim Schwartz. But obviously, it was Marrone's pep talks that inspired the defense. :)

And like others, I wish someone should save him from himself. If that midget Landry could do that to him, imagine him coming up to tackle Blount or Gronk. Scary stuff and he is a great guy. Be a coach Aaron.

He was a good player for Pettine too. The most importsnt job of a head coach, btw, is building a staff. Marrone hired good DCs.

He was a good player for Pettine too. The most importsnt job of a head coach, btw, is building a staff. Marrone hired good DCs.

Fair point. But I don't think Marrone had anything to do with the defense. They were loaded with talent.

It would be like crediting Rex for the offense.

I honestly don't know what I think about this. It's impossible for me to believe any doctor anywhere would tell a guy like Aaron that it's okay to play NFL football, the way Aaron Williams plays, if there was ANY likelihood he could or would suffer permanent damage. To me if a doctor thought there was a 5% chance they would advise him not to play. I know these guys never want to give up, but I really can't see him trying to play if his wife, dad, doctor, agent, friends, family, etc, said there is a real chance you will be really hurt. Everyone knows what we do and more.

Exactly.

If he's been cleared to play, God bless him. I'm just scared that he could get another serious injury.

Aaron Williams was a very good player for us. I cannot believe how many times people on this board would say that our secondary problems had nothing to do with AW's absence when he was injured. Are you kidding me?! When we lost AW, Corey Graham had to play both Safety positions at the same time.

I would love to have him back on the team if it were possible, but I wish he would retire, or as another poster suggested, give him a coaching job or have NFL Network bring him on. We need to have someone from the Bills on there to remind them that Buffalo has an NFL team.

Fair point. But I don't think Marrone had anything to do with the defense. They were loaded with talent.

It would be like crediting Rex for the offense.

Roman is a genuinely good coordinator and his system is smart. I give Ryan a lot of credit for hiring him.

The Bills defense sucked in 2012 (27th in DVOA) and 2015 (24th in DVOA). It was great in 2013 (4th in DVOA) and 2014 (2nd in DVOA), the years Marrone coached. The player turnover wasn't that great either. Most of the pieces were in place in 2012, and the D was loaded in 2015.

I know you hate Marrone, but please, I hope you can accept the idea that hiring a good staff is the most important thing a coach can do. Marrone hit home runs on his DCs. The OC was a different story, of course.

Edited by dave mcbride