Would you, right now, trade TT for Deshaun Watson?

267 members have voted

1. 1. Would you?

I'm not a Watson fan and I don't think he will succeed in the NFL, but I certainly admit that he's got a chance to be a franchise QB. Tyrod doesn't. He is what he is - a serviceable QB that will never be special. I'll take the lottery ticket. If your question was which I'd bet on to get me more wins this season, then I'd take Tyrod.

That's what everyone said about Trent Dilfer and Jeff Hostettler.

Go build the #1 defense in the league and get your ppg against down to 15 a game and I'll believe. Otherwise you will be outscored by better QBs.

Dilfer was on a once in a lifetime team that allowed 10.3 ppg, and 965 rushing yards total in 16 games.

Go build the #1 defense in the league and get your ppg against down to 15 a game and I'll believe. Otherwise you will be outscored by better QBs.

Dilfer was on a once in a lifetime team that allowed 10.3 ppg, and 965 rushing yards total in 16 games.

That Giants team that beat the Bills held Joe Montana and Jerry Rice in their prime to 13 points.

This poll completely sums up the Buffalo Bills and why they will constantly spin their wheels. They, and apparently most of their fans, are afraid to be great. Let's settle for the status quo and be happy with it.

Why pick a guy who has won a championship and gone over 400 yards twice against in a row in the biggest game of the season against one of the best defenses in recent history? We have a guy who was a 57% passer in college!

And this isn't about Tyrod. He is a perfectly ok qb who probably has overachieved in the NFL. I respect him a lot. But he is what he is. Watson may never live up to his draft selection. But at least Houston, who constantly makes the playoffs, is trying. Hell, conservative KC makes a big move to get better at qb because they know Alex Smith isn't the answer. Our guy basically does an Alex Smith impression but it's fine because we're Buffalo.

I never once questioned the EJ pick because it was at least an attempt. Same with Jones and Peterman. But at some point, you need to stop settling for late round picks and do something big. Again, I'd rather go 2-14 with Watson than 8-8 with Taylor.

We would have only needed an average defense that gave up fewer than 24 ppg the last two seasons and we would be in the playoffs. Tyrod is leading a top ten offense. Trent Dilfer threw for 1500 yards with 12 TDs and 11 INTs. There is no comparison between the two.

We would have only needed an average defense that gave up fewer than 24 ppg the last two seasons and we would be in the playoffs. Tyrod is leading a top ten offense. Trent Dilfer threw for 1500 yards with 12 TDs and 11 INTs. There is no comparison between the two.

The defense was 16th in PPG. That's pretty average.

They're the same guy.

Can we trade him to the jets for their number one.

How are they the same guy? I love these lazy comparison and it seems very obvious why they are made. They are both "athletic", right?

Watson completed 67.4% of 1,207 passes in 3 years. Taylor completed 57% of 865 passes in 4 years in college.

But clearly, they are the same guy!

Without totally avoiding the question, it depends. The Texans would be better off with Tyrod, the Jets would be better off with Watson. It depends where your team is. For the Bills I think that they are better off with Tyrod (I guess). He gives them the best chance to win now. If it is determined that this team is entering a rebuild they can cut ties and have 2 #1's in a great QB draft to get their guy.

With that being said we could certainly argue it either way.

Generally agree.

That said - does Watson, even if he struggles, plus 15m (or whatever) in cap space end up better still?

If staying true to the situation that's adding several mid tier vets and not an impact player since it's may --- but something like adding verner, Blount, barnidge and Byrd (not set on those names but you get the idea).

Of course heaven forbid watson plays well too but I was figuring even in a let down the team could be on similar footing

Edited by NoSaint

I hated Rex and hated what he did to the D. But holy crap, people work hard to pretend like the defense was the worst ever. D was fine in Baltimore. D was working in Miami before we went 3 and out 7 times in a row. D was the only reason we beat the Bengals. It was an average D.

And the point remains that some fans want to have a qb who doesn't need a top 5 defense to win games.

Uhh come again? This sums up the absurdity of the Tyrod haters extremely well.

And this sums up how lazy people are to make arguments. No one "hates" Tyrod. It's stupid to say that.

But I hate winning 6 to 9 games every year. It gets you no where. I'd rather hit rock bottom and get a shot at a top qb in the draft instead of praying a 5th round will finally work out.

And if the Bills had Watson, they would probably win 6-8 games because all Bills qb win 6-8 games.

29th in rush yards per game. That's a death sentence. Who needs points when you can just hang onto the football all day long?

29th in rush yards per game. That's a death sentence. Who needs points when you can just hang onto the football all day long?

Stats can be misleading. For instance in the Miami, the defense got wore out by the offense going 3 and out 7 times in a row in the heat.

Furthermore, the Bills gave up 4.6 ypc. KC gave up 4.4. Raiders & Atlanta gave up 4.5. Miami gave up 4.8. They all made the playoffs.